Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Veiled References

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

Joshua sits on a chair in the foyer of the Circle, framed in the doors that are cast wide open so he can see the bright day outside. A paper cup of steaming coffee is set next to him, but his attention is on his hands: a knife in one, a hunk of left-over debris from the break-in in the other. His jeans are dusted with shavings and flecks and the pile is only growing as he runs the blade over the wood.

He sits, silent, occasionally looking up into the sunlight as he waits for the Epopt.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne rushes into the Circle almost out of breath. Taking only a few moments to look around as she does. The pace slows as she gets close to Joshua.

"Realllyyy sorry I'm late."

She sits in a chair if one is near and fit not brings one over. Taking a second to frown at her rumbled clothes, jeans and a casual t-shirt with a light sweater.

PRE

The Moros brushes wood shavings from his leg. "It's no problem," he says to the hunk of wood, eying it with a look of dissatisfaction before placing it, and the knife, aside. He picks up his coffee and looks to Ariadne. "Been a while," he says. "Been keeping busy?" The words echo in the empty foyer.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne crosses her legs and looks at the piece of wood then at Joshua. "Ya..things were a bit more complicated than I expected." A small shoulder shrug follows. "That is how it goes some times though."

A foot bounces slightly and then points at the chunk of wood Joshua was picking away at. "Any one we care about get hurt?"

PRE

Joshua shakes his head. "Went rather smoothly, all things considered. Left a bit of a mess behind, but... we're getting that mostly taken care of," he says with a shrug. He's quiet for a moment, then says, "I think that's the first I've heard of any of the Guardians asking about the Circle. But to be fair, I don't think any of the Talons asked if you wanted to help recover it, either." There's another pause as he looks about the room, before his gaze returns to Ariadne and he adds, "Does your Order still want in?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne frowns as Joshua tells her she is the first to ask. "I don't think most of them know that this place was mutual. Henry seemed to avoid it and we never met here. It is good to hear that everyone is ok."

"I do. The others aren't too keen on having a home somewhere, but I think it is for the best. And honestly, it would be for somewhere to go if things go south."
    Ariadne looks out through the doors. "I don't trust this city. We don't seem to control any of it and when we think we do something happens."

PRE

Joshua nods as his gaze follows hers. "I'm sure your people can learn to appreciate having a good bolthole available. We're working on rebuilding the defenses here; any ideas or manpower you have to contribute would be most welcome. And, ah," he adds in a slightly apologetic tone, "I don't believe any of the Talons can rebuild the Wards we had. So, that would..." He trails off, and after a moment he changes the subject.

"Once we have an idea of where our 'friends are, I fully intend for us to make some moves against them. Not necessarily directly, but we need to chip away at whatever support they may have. Have you and Ahriman managed to make any progress on that front?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"I will gladly help with the Wards. Though I need to figure out just what exactly I can do to make it work against more than spells. I think I can build in a compulsion but I am not sure yet." Ariadne almost extends a hand to touch Joshua the way one does when you're trying to get them to believe you but she stops herself. She's not lying and touching Joshua could be taken wrongly.

Ariadne sighs at the mention of the blood. "Sooo...."

There's another breath.

"I tracked that blood to a dog. From there we found where the dog and a man where. An old school. Creepy, not normal creepy. Supernatural creepy. Ahriman went around back. I went to the front door with another. There was some sort of enchantment on it." A flicker of a moment passes and Ariadne decides to tell the truth. "And I almost got Rose severely hurt. It was phantasmal, I freaked out and didn't try to dispel it soon enough. He's fine, it was an illusion but ya.... that was stupid of me."

She flicks a piece of possibly imaginary dust off her pants. "We got in and met up with Ahriman. Found the guy and a spirit of something. He attacked us, we hurt him a bit and suddenly he's freaking out. Not sure what's going on. Wanting to just go home."

"So we tried to talk with him. Then he got this manical look on his face, pulled out a grenade and pulled the pin."

"O then the place caught on fire and we had to improvise a reason to run away as quickly as possible. It seemed to work."

PRE

The Arrow's mouth forms a perfect little 'O' of surprise. The silence stretches out for several moments. "Did... did you all get away all right?" he manages to ask, once the shock wears off. He's surprised both at the brutality of the enemy's tactics, and that his Pentacle fellows were so easily snookered. "Did you get any useful information from the dead man?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"The guy got me with a knife. It's healing ok." Ariadne pulls back a loose sleeve to show the cut. It's bandaged and wrapped in what looks like a professional manner. "Rose got by ok, Ahriman said he was going to heal?"

"No, none of us are proficient in Death. That is the next stop. I talked with Rose about looking into who owns or rents the place though I'm not sure where he his." Hopefully not eating out of a dumpster. She pulls the sleeve back over her wound. "If I have to do something like that again. I'm calling all of you."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread