Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Once a bank, the Lily retains its atmosphere of security, formality, and professionalism. Talk is subdued. Suits are the choice attire. Even when a football game is the subject on view in one of the main areas, this is hardly the domain of screaming, beer-swilling rednecks.

Dillon likes the idea of people enjoying themselves, in business or pleasure, while behaving like adults. But he has very little involvement with mortal politics nowadays, and sits in one of the private booths, waiting for the most recent cousin of his. He is dressed in a pinstripe jacket, but still exudes a casual or nonchalant attire and demeanor.

When Michael Redfill asks for him, he will be directed to the mirrored booth where his Priscus awaits. Dillon is poking around on his battered iPhone, but will divert his attention when the booth's door is opened.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael has already learned what kind of establishment the Lily is. So it is no surprise that he picks his best suit to wear tonight. Although it is a little worn it will do. As he approaches the club he groans in annoyance as he forces some of the precious Vitae to his skin to appear a little bit more alive.

The first thing I need to do in this city is to make some money now that I don't need to run a thousand errands a day for the Ordo. What the use is all my knowledge and immortality if I can't afford almost anything? And then I've got to get some place where it's easier to feed...

Blush of life active, -1 Vitae

After arriving at the Lily he takes in the atmosphere and then asks for Dillon Connery at the bar.

A private booth, eh?

He opens the door to the booth, walks in and closes it behind him before speaking so that no one can overhear their conversation. Then he extends his hand to his Priscus offering a handshake.

"Thank you for meeting me, Priscus Connery, despite how busy you are. It is a pleasure to see you again."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Pocketing the phone, Dillon stands and accepts the handshake, returning it in kind. "Of course Doctor Redfill, any time." He sits again, offering a gesture to suggest that Michael feel free to do the same.

In no hurry, regardless of whatever business he'd been handling, the Priscus leans back a little in the seat, leaving one hand resting on the surface of the table. "What can I do for you?" Then, venturing curiously, "Just trying to get a handle on the state of our family, and what we're doing for the Domain of Sacramento?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Having sat down Michael takes a small pause to assess the situation. Priscus Connery impresses him more as a man of action, not politics. So he decides that he can be a little more frank with him than one can normally be in the company of a fellow Kindred.

"Well, yes, I would like to know that. But, more importantly, I wanted to offer my services to you if they are needed. Acknowledgement wasn't exactly the right place for a detailed description of skills, so I would like to tell you what I can do and then you could perhaps suggest how I could help this city and our family?" - the Doctor offers a benign smile. He has always been just a neonate in New York, with few contacts and no status outside the Order. He hopes he can change that here.

OOC

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon gives a neutral sort of frown and inclined his head just slightly. "Sounds reasonable. You should know that you're fortunate enough to hit the town when the Gangrel are on a bit of an upswing, if I'm allowed some family pride."

Since I had to claw us out of the gutter that Sherbotsky left us in all by myself...

"We now have a Priscus that is also a Deputy, and who has been trusted with the personal Security of His Majesty's Herald. Several of our cousins have been assisting the office of the Reeve, as well as some of the other Domain Officials. We have fighters and intellectuals, most of us a healthy smear of both...

"Point being,"
    he says with a wry smile. "I'm always looking to reinforce that."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

If Michael had worse manners his jaw would have dropped to the floor. Things being as they were he simply looks stunned. Still, he quickly recollects himself and responds:

"Excuse me, my Priscus. But our family's situation in this city sounds very unlike the Savages that I know. Still, I'm glad that I won't be a black sheep here trying to make something of myself instead of pretending I don't care about anything because I can sleep in the ground." - by this point the doctor completely recollects himself and even relaxes a little.

"Right. As far as my skills go, you could say that I can be the most use to the Domain by taking part in investigations: I have a keen eye for detail and can research stuff pretty well considering my academic background. This is amplified by the fact that I nearly never forget things. In all other areas I'm moderately capable. I know some Eastern martial-arts and can also be civil in a social environment, but I'm no Daeva."

He gives his Priscus a warm smile, pleased to be able to recite his strengths.

It's much better than speaking of why you've failed.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Good." Dillon's smile is satisfied. "Because that situation is one I have worked hard to avoid. I told our other cousins that I wouldn't tolerate Gangrel freeloaders under my leadership. I will throw the lot of them out and be the only active Savage in the domain-- again-- before I see that."

His expression turns serious, thoughtful. "The thing is, a lot of us lose sight of our potential. Hiding behind our particular curse; that aspect of the Beast that hovers so close to your thoughts, and threatens to distract you from everything you do. It becomes a crutch, or a shield. When in fact, it is a stepping stone.

"That's why I like seeing members of our blood willing to embrace knowledge and culture as well as combat. In respect to your assessment of yourself, you seem to be the, ah, yin to my yang, I suppose. I was a soldier first. Still working on the scholar."
    There's a little noncommittal shrug, there. Just supposition. Yang is the light one right? Male, hot, fire, etc? That made sense for a bloodthirsty killing machine with a soft spot for art and science. Totally.

"Much like Doctor Swift, if he's still hanging around. He and Miss Emma French shared an interest in Archaeology. It's where Swift's PhD lies, if I'm remembering right." But there's never any guarantee of that. "As for what you can do to help out, you might check out the Harpy's summons. See if it sounds like your kind of gig."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

The Deputy's words send Michael into a brief reverie as he contemplates the peculiarities of his clan's particular brand of vampiric curse. However, he quickly recovers and answers with a smile:

"It is the easy way, my Priscus. Some might view isolation from Kindred society as true freedom. I view it as a weakness. I find the Gangrel without a covenant the most annoying in general. In a way, each covenant gives its Kindred a purpose, certain priorities to guide our eternities. Like your apparent organization (I assume that you are with Lancea Sanctum, yes?) helps its members to find their place in the grand design of things and mine - to explore the limits of the vampire condition and push beyond them. I find that our family, because of our ability to survive on our own, has the highest propensity to being unaligned and reducing our un-lives to mere existence..."

His expression becomes even more relaxed and he adds:

"But that is a conversation for another time. Unlike most Dragons I am quite religious, although I follow no particular dogma. I think I believe in the grand design of things and that we all should try and follow our calling, whatever it may be. Maybe I'll visit one of Lancea Sanctum Masses if they are open for those of other covenants in this city."

As he hears about the Harpy calling for volunteers for some sort of operation he realizes it might be his chance to start proving himself to the city. Or get killed. Well, in case of some danger he can always sink into the grass or something.

"Thank you, Priscus Connery, I would like to do that very much. I needed to see Harpy Donovan anyway and it might be a good way to get some points with her. I assume that her office is also at the Avalon? I would like to go there and offer my assistance now. Know that if you think you might have use for my talents you may call on them anytime." - he offers Dillon a benign smile and adds something that has been on his mind for a while now. - "I think that our family is very lucky to have you at our clan's head. I would like to continue our conversation some time, but right now I think I should behave like a good citizen and answer the official call for assistance. May I hope that you will introduce me to the other members of the family at the next Court?"

OOC

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon gives Redfill's words serious thought. It was easy for him to smile. With a man who talked of grand design and following your calling, the Priscus believes he can potentially see eye to eye. "I am currently a Layman of the Lancea et Sanctum, yes, and I agree. I encourage the unaligned among us to find a place; pursue a path. Without making a choice, we are little more than wasted talent. Wasted blood."

The next line comes out as somewhat rhetorical, quieter. "What's the point of surviving the Embrace to spend your Requiem in hiding?"

Blinking, with a little shake of his head, Dillon resumes his easy smile. "I'm afraid you just missed a Midnight Mass*, but you are always welcome to attend. You're not required to follow the Centurion to enjoy the insight of the Anointed.

"As for Harpy Donovan, she does have an office at the Avalon. If your business with her is of a Kindred nature, that is the most likely place to find her."
    At this, Dillon stands, offering Michael another handshake as a bid of farewell. "Thank you, Doctor Redfill, I am doing my best to serve our Clan. I look forward to seeing your talents contribute to our efforts, and I hope to see you at Court."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael listens to his Priscus until he is finished, and then rises and offers his hand to Dillon with a sincere friendly smile.

"Thank you, Priscus Connery, I'll attend the next Mass then. This has been most pleasant and instructive. I will try my best to further the position of our family in this city. And I'll be sure to speak to you at Court."

After his handshake is accepted Dr. Redfill intends to leave and attend to other matters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread