Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Hedge Weed?

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    G
    GardenOfSilver

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-09 14:28:28 Kim Ashdown rolls 8 to Wits + Subterfuge + Mantle Bonus (10 Again) 4, 8, 8, 2, 3, 5, 5, 2 2 successes

Turning slightly she peers over her shoulder at the new arrival to the store before shifting her stance to better put herself between the weed and the stranger before dropping it into her Queen’s hand. “Of course, we’ll head right over,” she says smiling before throwing Deadly a half-glare and nods towards the door, “right?”

M
    MrSogno

Deadly chuckles and nods, "That was the plan." Although he turns to Kim and mouths 'patience' before asking Katrin, "Anything else a'fore we head out?"

OOC: Folks, please remember that the results of Social rolls should be respected and role-played accordingly. On a side note, Deadly does not refresh his WP pool

M
    MrSogno

In the silence between the moments, another ding of the bell is heard as the front door opens. What it reveals, however, is not the street in Sacremento. Instead, with a hiss of the grate, a 1920's elevator opens. The hobgoblin attendent bares its fangs in greeting, and gestrures for Deadly to get in. Striding over the Threshold, the Draconic steps into the Hedge with the creature. A pair of spectecles and a top hat appear at hand, and he places them on solomly.

"Bother. I thought I might be wanted back at some point -- I just hoped I wasn't right. I was, obviously. It's been a blast, kids. May as well try from the Other side, see if it works. Maybe seeya again in a few! Adios, sionara, adieu, adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow." With a bow and a flourish he gestures the attendent to close the doors. As the creature leers at the ladies (and man) and presses the buttons and levels the levers, the doors close on the opening strains of "The Shiek of Araby". As the elevator begins to descend, Uncle Deadly can be heard starting to sing with the music.

And then the door is a door again, and the shop is as it was.

ST Note: Deadly just leaves the scene through the front door. What's described in the post above is just in his own imagination. He does however say those words to everyone there and start whistling to no music as he walks out

A thin trickle makes a wet stain on the shop floor as Uncle Deadly exits. Although no one else sees the imaginary hobgoblin elevator attendant of his own deluded mind, they now understand the reason for his abrupt departure. Despite his bravado, the Winter Queen had apparently just made the annoyingly snide draconic piss in his pants.

Katrin appears unsurprised by the odd behavior. After all, the funny little man had refused to Pledge himself to the freehold, why would she expect even the bare minimum sense of propriety or respect from such a person? She blames it on lack of character and fortitude. Regardless, the Queen of Sorrow has become quite used to transient changelings stopping in town for a month or two before moving on(or just disappearing). One more is simply beneath her notice. Katrin sighs as she notices the stain, then turns her attention back to the important matters before her.

Yui can not do anything to hide his curiosity and horror. His Mask shattering like glass to reveal his true nature. He gaps open mouthed at Deadly's departure.

Yui is not sure what happened before he came in, in fact he is only here to.. well the Wizened is still here. "I take it you were working together. I would be happy to offer my assistance to what ever it is you are striving to accomplish." Yui hopes she didn't have a friend in the poor beast that left. She is likely shaken from what they all had to see.

Perhaps heartbroken?

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin turns to face Yui, "your timing is perfect, yes?" She offers the ferret man a gentle smile. "I do not know if you have met before, but this here is Kim, who has been helping me with a task. Since Mr. Deadly doesn't seem interested in helping anymore, perhaps you could fill his shoes, yes?"

Her attention then shifts to the Wizened. "You can tell Yui what you have found out, and the two of you can meet Harvey at the park." The Queen takes a brief pause and then adds, "I am confident that the two of you can handle this, yes?"
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

G
    GardenOfSilver

The Wizened looks, if nothing else, quite disoriented both from Deadly’s sudden departure and from realising Yui managed to trick her about his true nature. After a few moments she nods however, “of course. It would be helpful to, and the third time’s the charm isn’t it? At least one of us must figure something out.”

She turns to Yui, and by the looks of it wished she didn’t have to summarize the whole deal once more, “we are looking into some things concerning perculiar dreams. As far as we can tell, it’s some form of possibly hedge-grown substance very similar to weed. The student we took our samples from told us he buys them from a woman called Sandra over in Tahoe Park.”

Yui blinks several times in shock. "I was just coming to tell you Katrin that we hit a dead end on the Fruit plant found at Capital Gate." Yui grins wide. "But Fate seems to say otherwise. I thank you Kim. This is very important. We found a strange weed like substance near the scene of the crime I was investigating. Your research seems related. Is all we have a Name on this Sandra?"
    Yui asks. He is so excited about how this all worked out. Where he was dreading to tell Katrin off ailure now he has found opportunity.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin smiles, pleased that her subjects seem agreeable to the idea of working together. She wouldn't have to show her bitch face again today, which makes things a lot easier as far as she is concerned. "Sometimes fate has a funny way of doing things Yui," she says to the ferret.

She offers both of them a gentle smile. "You also have a location, a place to start, yes?" The Queen gestures at the Wizened as she adds, "like Kim mentioned; our current leads point to Tahoe Park." Katrin pauses for a moment to make sure that they are all on the same page. "Harvey is already there doing some snooping around. The two of you will meet him there and assist him in any way you can, yes?"

While her accent makes her last statement sound like a question, the look in Katrin's beautiful eyes makes it clear that it isn't.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread