DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 31 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four had taken a while to figure out what he'd wear. He didn't have a large wardrobe, and most of it he'd worn to work at least once. There were a few suits from going to funerals, but he had gotten them before he had stopped growing and none of them fit quite right. Of course, saving the decision until the last day meant he couldn't repair or fix anything formal in time.

In the end, he showed up to Sacramento State in a grey t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, and his ambulance company jacket for warmth. He gave a nod to the mage by the door of the broom closet before he ducked through... And wow, this was a pleasant surprise. He looked around, waving to mage's he recognized - surprising himself when he spots the ER doctor who helped out at that scene. Well. This was lucky.

He heads over the the other mage.
    "Hey, good to see you here. We never did get a chance to exchange numbers. I'm Four." He holds out a big hand to doctor

Technique

Technique held the door open for Ariadne , walking in behind her and, noting the detour to the closet - and avoiding the magisters look, if there was one at all - and soon felt enjoyed himself to a beautiful view, if a little warm for the suit he wore. He took off the jacket, rolled the sleeves up, and slung the jacket over one shoulder. "Good turnout, so far." He says to the Epopt, with a smirk.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia made her way through the eerily empty SCUS campus, there was just something about the place that had her on her toes. She was dressed in dark khaki pants and a white tank-top under a short tan coat; around her neck was a rosary with red beads, a pentacle at the joining point and the usual crucifix. over her shoulder were two dark, medium sized duffle-bags. She walked carefully to Eureka hall, a small slip of paper held in her hand.

And she mumbled under her breath as she walked. There had been enough waiting for this particular meeting of Mages, and West had sent her out on ‘errands’. That list had been plenty long, but at least she had finished it, that should be good enough. She looked up at the stone building and scowled at the stairs and then at the bags she was carrying. He had at least say thank you; or at least not complain if I’m just a little late. But then, that was her fault for parking too far away.

She finally found the room where he was standing, simply covering the door to the storage closet. She walked up to him, and his sour expression, hoping that it wasn’t for her. “Before you say anything, I’d like to point out that they’re down the hall in the restroom.” she said in a low whisper, “I can go change now if you want, I didn’t want to walk around dressed like that when walking through a closed campus at night.

OOC rolls
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

PRE

Gallows straightened his tie before getting out of the car--as a worker in a funeral home, he had become accustomed to wearing suits pretty much all the time. Still, he had taken extra care to look his best tonight. While he had met a lot of mages at the bookstore, this was his (and Rosetta's) first official introduction to the local Consilium. First impressions were important, and he had made a few gaffes at the unofficial gathering. He was determined not to make any screw ups this time around. Not when he would be needing to announce their cabal's existence, and hopefully begin spreading the seeds for recruitment.

Gallows made his way across the campus and into the building whose description he had been given. He was glad to see a mage standing right where he had been told to go--it would have been a disaster if he had managed to get lost on the way to the first Consilium meeting. He nodded at the mage standing outside the portol, and stepped through it quickly. No point lingering and drawing attention to the people disappearing out of the building.

Despite himself, Gallows was impressed by the location. It was certainly a lot...livelier than anything he'd seen in New Orleans. The California style was quite different. Looking around at the arrivals--it seemed Rosetta wasn't here yet, but that was all right--he saw Demise ( Penguin ) standing near the portol. Smiling, he made his way over to her.

"Good evening," he said with a slight bow. Something about these meetings made archaic gestures seem more appropriate than they would in other situations. "It's nice to see you again, Demise. I have to say, this is a pretty nice setup for a Consilium meeting."

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Mage Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-04 20:08:21 Ixidor rolls 7 to cast Aura of Gloom [Grim Sight] (Wits + Occult + Death + HS (10 Again) 4, 6, 7, 5, 9, 9, 4 2 successes
    2012-01-04 20:06:00 Ixidor rolls 5 to cast Read Matrices again (Gno + Forces + HS -1 (10 Again) 6, 10, 6, 3, 6, 6 1 success
    2012-01-04 20:05:22 Ixidor rolls 6 to cast Read Matrices (Gno + Forces + HS (10 Again) 7, 1, 5, 7, 4, 6 failure

When Ixidor arrives, he is dressed, not necessarily to impress, but to show how good he can look and still fit in at a concert if he had to [wiki/minisheet image]. The varying blue stripes of his suit and shirt compliment each other without looking busy. No tie. In its place below the open collar are three, maybe four necklaces of black and silver: crosses, wings and skulls. Standing out on top of them is the Golden Key. Tattoos peek out from everywhere the shirt doesn't cover.

Strolling in casually, with pocketed hands and a lazy smile, Ix's thoughts on the supernal detour are only that it must be some extra security measure. He gives West a nod of acknowledgement and steps through into the balmy warmth, whistling his approval at the scene.

And very soon follows the other suit's example by losing the jacket and rolling up his sleeves. Revealing yet more ink.

Apparently, Ixidor is feeling particularly subdued this evening. Or hungover. All of his 'whassup's are friendly enough, but entirely nonverbal.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Idun

PRE

Idun arrives all dolled up in a pants suit that matches her currently bright crimson hair, which the back part has been done up in a ponytail. A small crimson purse hangs from her left shoulder and within carries not just her wallet but also her cell phone, keys, and a few other accessories. The Thyrsus mage follows Ixidor into the room about ten minutes after, she does pause to activate her Pulse of the Living World. She does continue into the room, doing her best to find somebody she knows before deciding to approach somebody she didn't.

Seeing October, Idun walks over to her fellow medical professional. "It's nice to see you again, Toby. How have you been?" She says as she approaches with a smile on her face.

Pulse of the Living World
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-04 22:05:33 Idun rolls 9 to Pulse of the Living World - Wits + Medicine + Gonsis + Life (10 Again, Rote) 10, 2, 2, 7, 8, 10, 2, 8, 6, 6, 5, 7, 9, 4, 6, 6, 1, 3, 4 5 successes

d
    dragonfett

Fresh out of the shower, Rellim applies a stick of Old Spice to both arm pits before putting on the "new" (to him at least) green polo shirt and blue jeans, tucking the shirt into the pants and then topping it all off with a simple black leather belt. He looked at himself in the mirror and buttoned the bottom button then the top one just to try the look. Shaking his head in disapproval, he unbuttons the top button with a sigh, not happy with the look. Rellim sits down at the foot of the bed and puts on his socks and realizes that he needs to figure out a way to get his laundry done, and soon. Another sigh escapes his lips as he ties his shoes. When he finishes all of that, he decides to cast The Sybil's Sight.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-04 22:02:04 Rellim rolls 7 to casts The Sybil's Sight (Wits 2 + Subterfuge 3 + Fate 2) (10 Again) 1, 4, 7, 9, 2, 4, 3 1 success

Looking inside his wallet, he realizes that he doesn't have sufficient funds to take the bus, and not wanting to arrive late and sweaty from a long walk, he makes the decision to cast a quick improvised spell while chanting in Atlantean to make it more effective, casting Reading the Outermost Eddiesagain, concentrating on his imago of a twenty dollar bill harder than he did last time.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-04 22:16:45 Rellim rolls 8 to casts Reading the Outermost Eddies (Fate 2 + Gnosis 1 + High Speech 2) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 9, 9, 4, 10, 6, 6, 10, 8, 7, 7 6 successes

Once he was done, he paused, hoping that he was more successful than last time. He makes sure to grab his pocket watch and put it in it's proper place. Grabbing a couple of books and stuffing them in his backpack, he checks himself one last time to make sure that he has his wallet and key before he walks out the door and locks it behind him. Rellim walks down to the bus stop and looks at the map when he notices a woman across the street with her hood up on her SUV.

He crosses the street and sees that the woman was a good looking woman in her late twenties or early thirties with a few extra pounds that only seemed to enhance her looks. Rellim says to her "What seems to be the problem with your SUV?"

"Well, apparently, my fan belt had broke. I was just about to call a tow truck when you walked up."

"Well I could fix that for you if you have some tools in the truck."

"Yes I do. My husband keeps a tool kit in the back with the spare."

"Listen, there's a Auto Zone right over there. If you'll come with me, we can get you a new fan belt and get you on the road in no time."

"Alright, my names Amy, by the way."

"The name's..., well you can call me Rel." he said as they walked.

"That's... certainly an interesting name."

They continued the small talk until they got back to the truck with the fan belt. Rellim got the tools from the back and got to work.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-04 22:43:08 [04] Rellim rolls 6 to continues to put a fan belt on an SUV (Int 2 + Crafts 4) (10 Again) 5, 5, 3, 1, 8, 9 2 successes
    2012-01-04 22:43:08 [03] Rellim rolls 6 to continues to put a fan belt on an SUV (Int 2 + Crafts 4) (10 Again) 3, 8, 3, 4, 3, 3 1 success
    2012-01-04 22:43:08 [02] Rellim rolls 6 to continues to put a fan belt on an SUV (Int 2 + Crafts 4) (10 Again) 10, 4, 8, 2, 9, 3, 10, 7 4 successes
    2012-01-04 22:43:08 [01] Rellim rolls 6 to continues to put a fan belt on an SUV (Int 2 + Crafts 4) (10 Again) 5, 6, 3, 9, 6, 9 2 successes
    2012-01-04 22:41:46 [03] Rellim rolls 6 to puts a fan belt on an SUV (10 Again) 8, 2, 5, 4, 7, 2 1 success
    2012-01-04 22:41:46 [02] Rellim rolls 6 to puts a fan belt on an SUV (10 Again) 9, 2, 7, 3, 6, 9 2 successes
    2012-01-04 22:41:46 [01] Rellim rolls 6 to puts a fan belt on an SUV (10 Again) 1, 1, 4, 2, 7, 5 failure

After nearly an hour of work and busting one of his knuckles open right off the bat, he wipes his hands clean on a rag and shuts the hood.

"Sorry about it taking longer than I thought it would, but it's all done now."

Oh, don't worry about it. I just hope I didn't delay you any."

"Not really, I was just getting ready to take the bus over to Sacramento University to meet up with some friends of mine."

"Oh, let me take you, it's the least that I could do."

*A little while later*

"Well thanks for the ride. Take care now." Rellim says as he extends his hand for a shake. Instead, she leans over and kisses him while grabbing his rear end.

"Thank you, for everything." she says with wink. Rellim gets out of the SUV after saying goodbye (and nonchalantly checking to make sure he still had his wallet, watch, and key) and heads over to the building and walks through the doors. Thankfully, leaving as early as he did, stopping to help Amy got him to the campus right around when he was wanting to show up anyway. He shivered against the cold wind, lamenting about the fact that he had no jacket to wear. This is California, I never thought that I would need to wear a jacket here, he thought as he walked the hallways. He came upon a man standing near a closet door. He approached the man and was about to say something when something through the door caught his attention and he stopped to look and saw the scenery of some other place that was most definitely not what the inside of a closet looked like. Through the door, he saw Councilors Rosh and Technique as well as a couple of others that he saw at the book store and some others he didn't.

Stepping through the door way, he gave a small and quick but respectful nod to Rosh as he said "Evening, Councilor." He then walked over to Councilor Technique and says "Good Evening, Councilor. I never expected on this. I figured that one of the lecture halls was reserved or something, although I can certainly understand why they would do this, considering that this is a university after all." Rellim then turns to Technique's friend and says "I don't believe we have met yet, I am Rellim, Free Council Acanthus and recently arrived in the city. And you are?" He extends his hand at first and then retracts it to inspect it closer to make sure that all of the grease, what little of it that there was, had been wiped away, before extending his hand again. "Sorry, I wound up working on a stranger's car putting in a fan belt and I just wanted to make sure that my hand was suitable for shaking, especially here at the Consilium meeting." As Rellim said that, his other hand absentmindedly caresses the area where Amy had grabbed him and was surprised to see two things in his pocket, a card that said Call Me with a number written on it, and a pre-paid credit card.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Doubt. No matter how much time passed, he couldn't forget what had been done to him, the seeds planted in the ghost's final act. Always the haunting question of whether any individual decision was drawing further along the path the ghost had tried to nudge him down. The one counterbalance was the presence and support of his Cabal ( Jmiland1 , Lesingnon ).

The resonance of the place is not lost on the Thyrsus, and only servesto add to his anxiousness. A hand slips into Triquetra's, the physical contact helping to ground him. Spells peel away, leaving the Thyrsus to gasp sharply as a swimmer might on plunging into an ice-cold stream. Instant feelings of isolation and weakness, slowly overcome by the closeness of the two people he trusted beyond all else, and by the sense of the vibrant living energy flowing through them. Thankful indeed was he that the Sight could remain.

Forcing an air of confidence that he doesn't quite feel, the Hierarch leads his Cabal through the supply closet door -- and stops in wonder on the other side, instantly breaking into a broad grin. Where the Portal had led, he couldn't be sure, but the forest air coupled with the vivid backdrop for his Shaman's sight do much to place him at ease. He glances back toward his companions, still smiling. "I must say, this is the best surprise I've gotten in a long time."

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-04 22:53:47 Pulp Noir rolls 7 to Third Eye Mind + Gnosis (10 Again) 10, 5, 1, 6, 9, 6, 8, 7 3 successes

I finished my fourth cup of coffee from the afternoon and tossed it in the garbage as I circled the block for the third time on my third different route. I kept an eye on my surroundings as I walked, probably a bit more paranoid than I needed to be but with all of the coffee in my system I could a way to burn off some energy and get myself in the proper mindset for a Consilium meeting. It was something I liked to do back in Toronto, clear my head and blow off steam before the insanity of all that political bullshit. Political bullshit, as a Herald was I allowed to use terms like that officially? Fuck it. I pushed the thoughts from my mind, after all to be a rebel holding a system to its core values, there needed to be a system. A system capable of having core values. Even if we had build said system.

I approached the room where the meeting was to be held and nodded politely to those outside. After the last outing at Written in Water, I kind of wanted to get into the main meeting room to make sure that everyone played nice and refrained from exposing their, as Ahriman put it "Explosive Personalities". Unless they were wearing a Guy Fawkes and making a statement about Anarchy vs Fascism. As I stepped through the door though, well it looked like we wouldn't need to worry about fire in a bookstore here.

Nice. Very, very nice.

“You’ve. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.”

Kite gritted his teeth as he took a deep breath, his frustration clearly pushing the boundaries of his endurance. After having gotten off the bus at the Lassen Hall, he had wandered around the area of Kadema Hall, Mariposa Hall, Solano Hall, and Yosemite Hall for nearly an hour, enough ‘halls’ to give Kite a monstrous headache. Now Kite was hovering around the Student Health Center, which he had initially mistook for yet another hall, next to the Student Parking Lot. Kite honestly wished it was open – he would have admitted himself for the aneurysm he felt coming on.

When he had arrived earlier, Kite assumed that he would be able to find someone or something to help with directions. However, with the Winter Intercession, all the buildings – including the Medical Center - had closed by 5 p.m. “This place is a damn ghost town right now” Kite said out loud to no one in particular. Kite stopped in his tracks, feeling the frustration build up in him like magma in a volcano. “’Eureka Hall’ is supposed to be where the College of Education is…” Kite loudly reasoned, grinding his teeth, “…and it should be near the Damn… ADMIN…” Kite quickly grasped at his head as another wave of blinding pain flowed through his temples. Kite took a few deep breaths and willed himself to calm down again. Over the last month, his frustration – which he had thought he had successfully left behind when he first came to the city – had returned with a vengeance. He had successfully made contacts with a few of the willworkers in Sacramento, and he also made a few additional acquaintances as well. But after that… nothing. The thought of being stuck in the same metaphorical place, in the same condition as he was a year ago, was almost too much for him to stomach.

“Easy Kite” he whispered to himself. “You need to make a good impression here, especially after that last fiasco.” Kite paused, remembering the moment in the café when, in the middle of a conversation, his ‘landlord’ called to tell him he decided to raise his ‘fee’ – and after only living there for a month. Kite sighed deeply, holding his head as if he were trying to will the memory away. “It’s not like you were making a great impression there in the first place anyway,” Kite reflected somberly nodding his head, “…who the hell knows what they thought after I left.”

Kite started to turn around, deciding to walk back towards where he started. It was getting dark when Kite arrived an hour before. Now, with the streetlights lit overhead, Kite could easily see his own reflection in the windshield of the one lone car left in the student lot. Once upon a time, the white shirt, brown blazer and black pants fit him very well. Once upon a time, he looked good wearing them. Now, the wrinkles in the shirt, the way his pants folded at the waistline, and the way his blazer hung loosely from his shoulders all betrayed the fact that they were at least one size too large. He spent a lot of time grooming, trying to make certain that he put his best foot forward. He had a haircut the day before, and shaved shortly before leaving for the event. But all his preening couldn’t hide the fact that his face was still too thin, and his facial features still looked sunken. Just as when he first entered the city, it looked like he hadn’t eaten in days. Kite just stood there a few seconds, staring at his image in the car window. In spite of his efforts, all he had done was transform himself from looking like a homeless man, to looking like a well-dressed homeless man.

Unable to bear his own reflection, Kite turned his gaze, and continued to walk away.

Kite shook his head, as if trying to free himself from the thoughts plaguing him. “Oh well,” he silently whispered to himself. “Nothing I can do about it at this point. Just… let’s try not to be too late for this event.” He walked a short while, heading back to the Administration Building his bus stopped at, figuring he might be able to find someone or something that could give directions from the center of the campus. As Kite wasn’t wearing anything warm, he started to shiver in the cold winter air. He looked around, continuing his search as he passed both Kadema and Mariposa halls again. As he passed in front of another dark building, across the street from what looked like some sort of industrial plant, he stopped for a moment to look around one more time. Earlier, he had thought that he would have really liked to have seen the college during the day, wondering around the campus enjoying the environment. But now, at night, everything just looked eerie and foreboding.

Kite finally had enough. His headache had grown to monstrous proportions, he was wrapping his blazer around tightly in a vain attempt to keep warm, and he was in what was probably the darkest, shadow-filled area of campus. “OK!” he shouted out at the world. “CAN ANYONE IN THE WORLD TELL ME…” he continued to scream “…WHERE THE HECK IS EUREKA HALL??!”

As if in response, he heard a woman clearing her throat a short distance behind him. Turning around in one swift motion, Kite saw a young woman with blond hair and blue eyes, with a dark pants, and a dark tan coat wrapped around her. She was about a foot shorter than Kite, and carried two duffle bags. She was also staring askance at him, her head cocked slightly to one side. For a moment, the two of them just stood there, staring at each other, one in suspicious curiosity, the other blushing in embarrassment. Finally, the woman silently pointed at the building he was standing in front of.

“Ah” Kite fumbled, figuring what had happened. “So, um, so that’s Eureka Hall.” Kite coughed nervously. He realized that if his primary goal was to survive the evening without embarrassing himself, he just failed in spades. “I, um, don’t suppose that you could… neglect telling the others about this?” Kite asked as politely as he could. The woman warmly smiled at him in response, and dropped one of her duffle bags. Kite sighed as he approached the bag, realizing the price of her silence. She was already half-way down the walkway when Kite managed to get the strap over his head. “Thank you!” she said cheerily as she strolled into the building.

Kite momentarily struggled with the bag, settling it around his shoulder before straining to follow her. “Geez, this thing is heavy…” he whispered silently as he limped to the door…

OOC

Page 2 of 31 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread