Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Silver Ladder Caucus

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Lux

PRE

Finally, the day had come. The Written-in-Water bookstore stood beautifully and proudly against it's urban backdrop, almost as if the building itself was expecting the Thearchs to arrive, the statues guarding it's door peering down at all who walked beneath with a maitre d's air. The inside of the store was surprisingly empty of people this night, but the air was not at all still. A slight charge clung to the breeze, carried on small drafts between the shelves and aisles, just as conspicuous as the lack of any sign announcing the Caucus. Instead, there was just that slight charge, a tingling that grew and grew the deeper one walked into the store, finally leveling off on the staircase. Up, and up this feeling lead, until the tang of ozone, like a single drop of dew on a morning leaf, tickled the tongue and nose. The taste of Thunder. The scent seemed to dwell on the third floor, welling up from the bookcases displaying astronomical texts and cosmological essays, and next to these shelves a door stood ever so lightly ajar.

The room was miraculously lit by a single candle and a small light splitting crystal that was hung over it, sending brilliant flickers of light and color sparking off the walls. Four salt rimmed glasses full of dark red liquid were set on a large table in the center of the room.

Lux sat behind one of these glasses, resplendent in a blazer of cerulean blue and a blouse of pure white, her gaze fixed on the door, one hand toying with a mirrored steel ring.

This is the Silver Ladder Caucus, open to all current Order members and to new prospects. Please feel free to narrate your entrance and to start conversations until the Caucus is called to order.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

PRE

Gallows came to a pause outside the store, breathing slightly heavily. He took a moment to straighten his tie and examine his own reflection in the window--this day had not gone at all as planned. Falling into a sinkhole had definitely put a bit of a crimp on his schedule. Then, taking Jessie back to her family, and running back home to change into something not covered in sinkhole dust...he was amazed he wasn't later than he already was. Finally satisfied that he looked presentable, Gallows calmed himself and opened the door to the bookstore.

He made his way through the elegant setting to the room they were meeting in. Inside was only one other person--Gallows had known the Silver Ladder was underrepresented in this city, but he was hoping they might get a few more. In the meantime, this was an excellent time to introduce himself to the senior Thearch here, this 'Lux'.

"You must be Lux," he said once he was safely inside the room, away from prying ears. "I saw you speak at the Consilium. I'm afraid we haven't been properly introduced. I am Gallows, Neophyte and former Lictor of the Silver Ladder."

Lux

PRE

Lux stood as the door opened, and a handsome man stepped inside. She had glimpsed him before at the Consilium meeting, so she offered a smiled while he introduced himself and then crossed over to offer a handshake.

"Pleased to meet you Gallows. You've guessed correctly, I'm Lux, and let me officially welcome you to the Caucus of Sacramento! It will be a blessing to have a former Lictor within our ranks...Please, have a seat,"
    she continued, gesturing vaguely at the table. "You're the first to arrive, but I believe we can expect two more...Yes, unfortunately, that's all. Only a month ago we were regrouping and establishing ourselves; one of our number even had the ear of the Hierarch, but he along with another member suddenly and inexplicably left. In the wake of this, we've been re-grouping and waiting for the best time to re-build, so if you don't mind my saying, Gallows, you have good timing. This gathering is the start of the Ladders' re-birth in this city. We're going to gather the ashes and use them to nourish that which will grow anew.

"So, that said, how have you been experiencing Sacramento?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

PRE

"I've only been here a few months," admitted Gallows as he shook Lux's hand. "I'm still getting used to the place, I'll admit. I'm glad I arrived in time for the Consilium, though--it was a good chance to see who's who around here."

If four was all they were expecting, then Lux was correct--they were in need of a rebirth. Still, it was quality that mattered, not quantity--Gallows would rather have four dedicated Thearchs than an entire Consilium of people with no drive. It was time to begin accounting for their resources.

"Well," he said, "Hopefully the Ladder will attract some new members. If I remember correctly, there were several apostates at the Consilium who might be looking for a new home--though you may have counted them among the four. Am I correct in assuming we do not have any Thearchs above the rank of Neophyte?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

To say that Ixidor parades in would be unfair. But he does tend to draw attention to himself. Can't help it. Force of habit, force of personality.

Too much personality, some say.

Cabbie paid, cigarillo snuffed and trashed, Ix darkens the door of the Water. It's different tonight, he thinks. Just subtly enough to give off that... weight. Subtle, slightly, but not humble by any means. The Silver Ladder don't do humble. And never has Adrian Isaacs.

Swinging the door to the private room open again fast enough to produce an audible woosh, the Thearch Theurgist (or should it be Theurgist Thearch? hmm...) looks properly maniacal. Dressed in a white dress shirt and black vest, it's the only appropriately formal thing about his attire. The shirt is untucked over artfully trashed jeans and cowboy boots, around his neck is a handkerchief and several necklaces instead of a tie. Rings, bracelets, eyeliner, you get the idea. Rock gypsy.

The only real clue to his Path is the golden key pendant hanging just above the rosary on his chest. His attitude seems the polar opposite of his back-pew appearance at Consilium. There is a wild energy in his eyes that wants out.

Pulling the door near to closed behind him like he found it, Ix bows theatrically to Lux without a word. He'd heard talking as he barged in, and decided not to be a complete clout.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Lux

PRE

Ixidor's entrance stopped Lux's reply, but an amused grin did break out across her features. She stood and returned his bow with a dip of her head.

"Gallows, before we continue, let me pause to introduce you to our other member, Ixidor, and Ixidor, allow me to introduce Gallows, a Neophyte of the Ladder and a former Lictor. Please feel free to have a seat," she continued, gesturing to the two open seats at the table. "As to your question, Gallows, that would be correct, none here have rank above Neophyte. Nevertheless, seeing as how the Ladder is just now being re-introduced, I will say that I feel that rank should be tenuously considered. We are starting over, building our own Ladder in this city, and rank will be relative for the moment."

24 hours from now, this thread will be closed to new arrivals

OOC

PRE

"Good to meet you, Ixidor," Gallows said, going over to shake the man's hand. "You, ah...you look familiar." He had had no idea that Adrian Isaacs was a mage...this was a bit of a surreal experience. "I'm a bit of a fan." That was more of less the truth. He had never obsessively followed Isaacs, but he had enjoyed his music. He had never thought he would meet the man...let alone sit down in a Caucus with him.

"Fair point," Gallows said to Lux. "With a Caucus this size, it might be best if we don't sit on rank for a while anyway." Privately, he did consider the situation to be a little bit unfortunate--it seemed like the Ladder here could use some direction, and sometimes appointing a leader could provide that drive. Perhaps they would benefit from appointing a Claviger as a 'party whip.' They could talk about it later.

Gallows went over to one of the seats and sat down, folding his hands in front of him.

"Hopefully, we'll pick up at least one or two new mages interested in joining," said Gallows, "Before it's time to begin."

Gallows recognizes Ixidor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-08 19:00:34 Gallows rolls 8 to tries to recognize Ixidor (10 Again) 8, 2, 2, 7, 10, 1, 9, 8, 8 5 successes

Tom_Burlinson-1.jpg
    The invitation had come unexpectedly as he was getting in from class. It read: You are formally summoned to a meeting of this prospective order. Be at Wind in Water, winthin the next 24 hours if you wish to become a candidate of our order. Bring this note as your invitation, if you should lose it, it will dissolve within 6 hours of the meeting.__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

That was 12 hours ago as Leroy Dennis stepped out of his truck he was resplendent in a formal suit and tie. He made sure the letter was snug in his jacket pocket. He slicked his hair back and walked confidently into the store. Wind in Water, it seems I have spent to majority of my Awakened life at this book store. Sometimes I think the magical community should turn the place into a private club for mages only. Leroy walks into the store and up the stairs as if drawn to the place. He walks in and sees three familar faces. He smiles and walks over to Lux. "Greetings, Lux how have you been, well I hope?" He pulls invitation and hands the letter to her, "I formally request admittance into the order of the Thearchs."

PRE

Gallows just barely avoided letting out a sigh of relief. It looked like the Caucus was growing larger by the minute. Still, he knew the Ladder here was small. That didn't mean they had to be weak. Hopefully, that issue would be addressed today.

"Welcome, Denizen" said Gallows warmly. "It's good to see familiar faces in new places." He took great care, however, to not appear to be accepting his offer on behalf of Lux. While Lux held no official authority over any of the other Ladders, the request had been made to her. Gallows would let her address it. That was something else they needed to figure out tonight--if people were going to insist on treating Lux as in charge, she might as well be officially put in the position. If she wasn't going to be, then someone should. The Ladder needed a heirarchy, and at this point Gallows was not too concerned at where he fit into it, as long as there was one.

Lux

PRE

"...and here is the fourth," Lux said as Denizen came into the room. She accepts the letter and shakes his hand before gesturing at the last empty chair. She tucked the letter into an inside pocket of her blazer and then took her own seat. She waited for them all to be seated and then began to speak, her words coming out measured and clear.

"Welcome all, to a new beginning. We are here to speak about the future of this Order in Sacramento. Denizen, as a prospect of the Order you are welcome to observe and participate the proceedings, so that you can see the Order at work. Furthermore, before the Caucus is called to order, I would like to comment on my current 'position' in order," she continued, making air quotes. "I don't want any of you to think that I'm declaring myself as the leader of this order, or that I'm unwilling to follow another's lead. As it stands now, I happen, by chance, to be the longest staying Thearch in the city, and although I have some unique insight into the city because of that, I know that there are many other factors to consider. I've just been filling a temporary position, trying to provide direction until this meeting could come to fruition. We're going to accomplish great things in this city," she grinned, "and the purposes of this meeting is to discuss and decide what path and what form we wish to take to get there. So feel free to throw your voice into the Caucus, to weigh your mind against the problems before us, and, perhaps most importantly, to help us all find our place within this order, whether that be as a deacon, claviger, or something else. For the meantime though, if none object, I would like to guide us through the Precepts and then call this Caucus to order so that we can begin."

She waited to see if any protested before continuing. "Denizen, this will be knew to you, but listen well. For all else, this will be brief, but I can't see skipping it, so let us begin. Everyone in this room has followed the Precept of Thunder here, and I'll allow you a moment to appreciate it's tang and taster before continuing...We all have set out to find the path of Imperium, and have pledged to lead Humanity to it. We are the Star of High Hope, the path to victory, and just as we now dwell under Stars' light, we shall lead the Awakened against the Exarchs. These two precepts we all know, these we follow with every breath, but more than just these are needed for this Consilium. We must forge this Consilium into a Diamond, binding all Orders together in common purpose, arming them to fight the lie and leading them to finding the lost glory of our Heritage. Thus take up the cup before you and take a drink of both the crystal from the earth, and the liquid that carries the strength of us all. The sleepers will follow, so says the Precept of Blood." With that she picked up her glass and drank from it, trying to ignore the taste of the salted wine flowing down her throat.

"Now, to move on to business, why don't we all discuss what issues in the City our Order must go about fixing."

OOC

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread