Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

While she had been seated and in polite conversation she felt more than saw a familiar presence approach. She hadn’t warned him that she would be showing up at the book store, and she couldn’t even remember if she had had the decency to tell him she would be in town. What a great person she was.

Yes, Sir.” She said looking up West sheepishly, “I’m working over some of my old pieces, you remember this one?” she asked, showing the standing man a single picture of a mangled candle in a candle holder attached to a wall amongst others, although they appeared in the background.

At Gideon’s xohgr words she started to get up before she stopped herself, a minor reaction to some of her recent training. As she relaxed she looked back at Gideon and answered with a smile, “Men, but if you’re talking for fun, I like running, hunting. Yourself?"
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"West," he replied to Gideon, completing the introduction. He studied the man for a moment, picking out small similarities between them in that brief inspection.

West's eyes slid over to the drawing, nodding. Not for the first time, he thought of the Temenos, and Daimons. Also, not for the first time, he felt like a third wheel as Vaeltia continued, but he stayed; silent, listening.
    Nimbus

x
    xohgr

Gideon acknowledged West's introduction with a nod then spoke to Vaeltia, a slight smirk playing across his lips at her quip. I digg the modern adventure. Now a days i believe it is called urban exploring, I enjoy a good ol'dusty book, and medium rare steak. But i wasn't really asking about hobbies. More like..well nevermind it is plain that Gideon was had more to add but he stopped speaking..
    ..oO(maybe i miss judged. Is it possible they are sleepers? Best not to push to hard.)

“More like?” She pressed as she studied him, pulling the spells she had weaved around her eyes into affect. There was something about this man, like he was trying to say something without actually committing to the verbalization of his own question. It was frankly frustrating.

"There is a candle in every soul, some brightly burning, some dark and cold." She stated quoting a song, "But I suppose the question isn't whether or not your candle is burning but what would you do if it were." She smiled, perhaps he would understand the candle idea.

"West, I had some questions concerning the local political situations, I'm not completely up to date, and I don't feel like stepping on anyones toes. Bu tI also don't want to push myself foreword too much, do you think we could set up something to get me introduced to a few people?" She asked, imploring him slightly in her words.

OOC
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

He could take being shot at, spelled at, even blown up.

But bad music just made him fucking cringe.

Damn, girl, I need to get you a listen of Solsbury Hill. Now that's a song about Awakening. Maybe the Sarah Mc cover.

The best part of being an Acanthus had always been having front row seats at concerts long past.

"Hmmmm?"
    he realized she was asking something, and he shrugged.

"Yeah, sure..."

There was a slight question in his tone, and he glanced at Gideon, putting substance to the question.
    Nimbus

x
    xohgr

Gideon felt immediately more comfortable and visibly relaxed. "I am going to assume we are all on the same page here. Your cryptic response is classic awakened. I am indeed asking what you do with your lit candle. I was chosen by angels to seek knowledge mystery." Gideon suddenly felt ridiculous, .oO(chosen by angels? Seriously? I am such a loser.) Gideon looks at west "i need some contacts also but if you wanna take Vaeltia privately i will understand"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West looked at Gideon, squinting a caustic eye at the last bit. The eye spoke volumes, from an unspoken question as to whether Gideon meant Something, to an accusation that the man might be Fishing, to sizing him up like a wooden club considering a baby seal.

"No. It's fine."

Fine, it was fine, the tone was clearly ambivalent. Of course it was fine, wasn't it apparent that he was someone who lived to make political and social connections for people?

He glanced at Vaeltia, finding the source of his victimization.

Thanks.

He took a deep breath, and considered that he could be at home, cleaning a gun, or something.

"Come on, then."

Nimbus

Closed Thread