Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Silver Ladder Caucus: Stars Aligned

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    O
    Ophidimancer

More and more, Qadesh thought that perhaps the Consilium should try to acquire Written in Water for itself. Legitimate ownership, even if it was under an assumed name, would be very useful. As it was, the bookstore was seeing a lot of Awakened traffic, so it might serve as a central gathering place for the Consilium.

Qadesh shook his head. That was for the future. Right now, he had to concentrate on getting the Consilium on its feet, something that would be helped greatly with the help of more member of his Order, which is why he had arranged for a meeting and contacted all the Thearchs he knew in the city and told them to meet at a particular private room in Written in Water.

He checked the ritual implements he’d brought with him one more time, then settled in with his coffee to wait for his fellow Silver Ladders members to arrive.

Lux

PRE

Lux walked through the doors of the W-in-W after appreciating the statues outside, dressed in black slacks and a cerulean blouse. Reflexio glittered brightly on her right hand as she passed through the store, navigating the bookcases and stairs in a circuitous manner towards the meeting room. She was looking forward to meeting the Sacramento Ladder's fresh blood, and a small mischievous spark shone in her eyes as she thought of the new challenge of uniting multiple hearts and minds in one luminous direction.

Lux knocked briefly before entering the room, as if to announce her presence, but she shot Qadesh a bright smile once she saw he was alone. "Hello Q. It's good to see you, and it's good to see that this meeting finally got underway. The last time I tried to book us a room, the W-in-W had no rooms available, but I suppose that's not too important now...Anyways, how have you been?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

L
    LivingScarecrow

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-21 03:11:55 Leo Rex rolls 7 to Gnosis+Spirit+HS for Second Sight (10 Again) 10, 8, 8, 2, 9, 10, 7, 7, 8 6 successes

Leo Rex took his time walking from his car to the bookstore. He had arrived a few minutes early but spent his time in his car, reviewing a map of Sacramento on his iPhone. His cane in-hand, he strolled through the doors to the bookstore and caught a flash of a woman making a circuit around the bookstore before knocking on the room Qadesh had told them to meet. Leo followed and took a small moment after arriving to the door to straighten out his outfit. He had selected a black suit today, with a crimson shirt and black tie. He wore black alligator skin shoes; his cuff-links were ebony and looked hand-carved.

Leo rested both hands on his cane before him before speaking. "Good afternoon. It's nice to see you again, Qadesh." His attention shifted towards Lux, whom he had not yet met. "Good afternoon, miss. My name is Leo Rex. It is pleasing to know there are more than two Thearchs in Sacramento."

He chuckled, more to himself than to the other Awakened present, and shut the door softly behind him.

I finally get the chance to meet with the other Thearchs of the city. Oh, this should be a most interesting time indeed.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor, following the ritual of snuffing and trashing a half-smoked cigarillo upon entrance to the fancy bookstore, walks in and removes a pair of sunglasses. They'd concealed the bags under his eyes, something which eyeliner didn't quite manage. His favorite blazer, black, but with an eye-catching texture is on, per usual for his trips to mingle with the Awakened. The difference is that he wears it buttoned this time. Buttoned, because there is no shirt underneath. Necklaces, yes. A handkerchief tied around his neck, yeah. Tattoos, of course. Shirt? Not a stitch.

Did he forget? Or is he just wary that he might ruin some expensive piece if another mage suddenly doused him with cola? Impossible to tell. Could be that he just likes drawing attention to himself.

Ix gives his head a clearing shake just before opening the door to the private room and taking in the others there gathered. He shut the door behind him, and gives the crew a foxy grin. Qadesh is the only one he immediately recognized as having met, but that didn't matter. They were willworkers. More importantly, they were Ladders.

"Hey ya'll. Good--" Uh... "Morning? Afternoon? Evening?"

He looks back toward the door, black mane lagging a millisecond behind, as if trying to remember what color the sky was when he entered. He certainly didn't remember details like date and time after he punched them into his planner. "What time is it, anyway? The alarm on my phone said 'SL meeting: Straighten out, motherfucker', so here I am..."

Ixidor
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

O
    Ophidimancer

Outfit

Qadesh was dressed seriously, but also in a manner to set a spiritual tone. It was still a suit, but it was all in white, reminiscent of priestly vestments.

The Mastigos smiled brightly to see Lux arrive first, "Hey Lux. I've been .. busy, actually. I got elected Councilor for the Warlocks and I've been trying to deal with the Hierarch, so that's been interesting."

Then the aristocratic British blonde arrived, and Qadesh's smile cooled down to something a bit more professional. He inclined his head politely, "Hello, Leo, it's good to see you."

The arrival of the eccentric musician brought an amused twist to Qadesh's lips.

"It's just about noon, Ixidor. Don't worry if you haven't had lunch yet, I ordered something for us." Qadesh indicated a covered tray on the table.

Qadesh looked around, nodded, and said, "Well that makes four. I haven't heard anything from Mari in a long time," he looked at Lux and shrugged, "So this is all I was expecting."

Walking to the door, Qadesh made sure it was locked, turned to face the gathered Thearchs, and said, "Let's begin."

"I know we don't all know each other, and we will get to introductions, but first let's observe the Precepts."

Walking back toward the table, Qadesh stood at the north end and gestured for the other Thearchs to take places at one of the other four sides of the table. He observed who took which direction.

When they were in place, he reached under the cloth covering the tray and retrieved a fist sized block of rock salt. Set into a depression on the top of the block was a diamond the size of a thumbnail. It was synthetic of course, Qadesh could not have afforded a natural diamond, but the symbolism was not hurt. It might have even been strengthened, considering it was a product of human ingenuity.

Setting the rock salt on the table, Qadesh lifted the diamond out the depression and held it at eye level. He began to speak.

"A diamond is made of the same earthly element as charcoal, but one of them crumbles at a touch and the other is the hardest substance known to man. The difference is that one has structure, each atom supporting every other atom in a pattern that strengthens the whole into something that every culture uses as a symbol of eternal beauty."

"The Precept of Diamond teaches us the same thing about ourselves. It tells us that the Awakened, that all humanity, are stronger when we stand as one. Together, guided by the Wisdom of the Supernal and bound by the Lex Magica, the Awakened will one day be forged into a nation of unbreakable Diamond."

Qadesh's voice rose in pitch slightly and thrummed with passion.

We call upon the Precept of Diamond and vow that the Awakened will be One Nation!

As he spoke the vow, Qadesh brought the diamond down and scratched a few grains of salt from the block. He put one on his tongue and handed the rest out to his fellow Thearchs.

Lux

PRE

"Yeah, that definitely sounds somewhat hectic..." Lux replied to Qadesh, a note of concern in her voice, but she broke off as the door opened and the modern personification of Arthurian Legend strode into the room. She blinked twice, almost as if she were batting away an intruding image, but managed to give Leo a genteel smile before speaking.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Leo Rex. I'm Lux, and believe me, it's a definitely a boon to have more than t..." She broke off again as the door opened for a third time, and she blinked once more, startled by the contrast between Leo and the most recent arrival. But then a sunburst of a smile broke across her features. Diverse attitudes and ideas broadened it's focus and the prospect of working with these Willworkers rang with a note of promise in her head.

Then Qadesh's voice rolled gently through the room, and she rose along with others, pausing monetarily to consider which direction should she claim for the recitation of the Precepts. The North was filled. The South was associated with the Now, with Strength and Health, and with the astrological sign of Leo, and thus she left that for the King Lion. The West was energy, persistence, emotion, and well, anyone who said 'motherfucker' in a friendly introduction deserved that spot. So she chose the East; trust, compassion, and the Future.

She observed the beginnings of the ritual with a sense of gravity, the only trace of her brilliant smile lying in her eyes, and accepted a grain of salt. "I vow that the Awakened will be One Nation," she said, placing the salt on her tongue.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo took up the South spot on the table, directly across from Qadesh. His cobalt eyes bore into Qadesh as he spoke on the Precepts. His attention was almost unsettling, though he did not become so focused as to ignore where Lux and Ixidor took their spots on the table. He took in Qadesh's every word, taking the grain of salt on his tongue after he spoke.

"The unified, indomitable will of an Awakened nation, represented by the diamond, will be the first step to regaining the Imperium Mysteriorum." he began, his voice clear and volume filling the room without offending the ears. "I vow the Awakened will come together to form one nation."

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor's response to the offer of food was simply a nod of thanks and a "Cool." Hopefully it wasn't anything greasy. Some burned toast would be the bomb right now, though.

At the urge to observe the Precepts, Ix tears his glance away from Lux' beaming grin and accepts the west, coinciding perfectly with the motions of the other two. The symbolism of how well they seemed to fit into place, even if only by appearances alone, was not lost on him. Qadesh's words on the structure of a diamond were quite fitting. When diversity united toward a common goal, the end result could be epic. The ramifications of this gathering were already exciting.

A casual observatory glance at the other three cements Ixidor's intention to delve into the Arcanum of Fate at first opportunity. It seemed to already be at work here.

"Variety is the spice of life. United in purpose and direction, it is the strength by which we stand, adaptable, sustainable. I vow that the Awakened will be One Nation."

Ixidor is not stupid; oh no. He just hinders himself with foolish decisions.
    Apparently, coming to Sactown was not one of them. He places the salt on his tongue, thankful for the quelling effect it has on his upset stomach. Crackers. That's what he needs; some fuckin' Saltines.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

O
    Ophidimancer

Nodding solemnly at the vows of his fellow Thearchs, Qadesh removed a small copper urn and walked around to the east side of the table, where Lux stood. He smiled at his friend and placed the urn in front of her before walking back to the northern end of the table.

"Air, in the form of breath, is the most important nutrient we take in. We can live weeks without food and days without water, but only minutes without air."

"Breath is also the medium of speech, a magic that even Sleepers can use to communicate mind to mind."

"The Precept of Thunder tells us that magic is as natural as breathing to us because it is our birthright. Humanity is meant to speak in the voice of Thunder but is silenced by the Lie. Every spell we cast is a shout of defiance. You should be proud to have had the strength of spirit to realize your Awakening. The mark of the Supernal on our souls is a badge of honor, but it is also a call to action. The enlightenment that we enjoy is something that all of humanity deserves by right and it’s our duty as Awakened to see that our brothers and sisters are no longer denied their rights.”

Qadesh gestured for Lux to open the urn and the scent of lightning struckair wafted into the room. The small ozone generating air purifier in the urn hummed gently. Qadesh breathed in the smell and proudly uncloaked his Nimbus, the mark that the Supernal Realm of Pandemonium left on his soul. It rippled outward from the Mastigos, subtly prickling the skin of his fellow Thearchs, heightening sensation for a moment.

I vow to seize Imperium as the right of Humanity!

Lux

PRE

Lux nodded once, internalizing the Precept of Thunder as something wholly a part of her creed rather than as a chant with a memorized response, and at Qadesh's gesture she opened the urn. The pungent smell from the urn struck her like a wet towel in the face, but she remained unflinching and took in the air that would give her Vow life.

"I vow to to seize Imperium as the right of Humanity," she spoke aloud, mentally adding, so that we may all walk among the gods. The Obrimos then cast forth her own Nimbus and for the briefest of moments the light in the room refracted through her in brilliant arrays of emerald, scarlet, sapphire, and gold light.

OOC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.