Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
MnG6: Toren, Demise, 4, Leo, Aenigma, Lux, etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Lux

PRE

"Hello, everyone," Lux called in greeting, striding up to the group. "I hope I'm not interrupting but I thought I should come by and introduce myself. I go by Lux," she continued, inclining her head briefly. "I caught your name, Leo, and yours, Demise, along with yours Mr. Four, but what of you, sir?" she asked, nodding towards Toren.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

((I thought Leo Rex was addressing IberianCastaway's Mage? Though the post was rather ambiguous, so I could be wrong.))

Four nods to Lux in greeting, and then shifts back a little so that he's not blocking anyone's view of anyone else or forcing the others to crane their necks to meet his eyes. He slouches a bit further, noting that with Demise's diminutive height she'd be rubbing her neck in a minute or two if he wasn't.

"I was talking with Toren here earlier myself. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lux."

"Oh," said the somewhat beffudled mage seeing the new small lithe girl addressing him. "I...errr, right, it's Toren. Nice to meet you. Mmm, Lux, is it? Like 'Light', well you look fairly light to me," he laughs awkwardly at this and then relapses into silence. He wondered if he'd be required to talk much more than absolutely necessary. No one had been discussing the architecture and that's all he really had interest in. A thought came to him that he should be the one to bring it up. "Oh, umm, what do you think about this building? It's nice, isn't it?"

L
    LivingScarecrow

((OOC: Leo is off talking with Sunny, IberianCastaway's mage. Just an FYI.))

Lux

PRE

"Excellent to meet you as well, Mr. Four," Lux replied, offering the Apostate a brief handshake. She turned to regard Toren as he spoke, a polite smile in place.

"Yes, Light. Or Flame, if one wants to be very loose in translation,"
    The Obrimos supplied in the brief silence after Toren spoke. "Pleasure to meet you as well, Toren," she continued, offering another handshake, her smile growing more genuine. "As for the building? Oh, I quite love the dumbwaiters. It's that small archaic touch that strikes me the most. Gives the place a more comfortable feeling, in my opinion, almost as if we were standing in some 19th century lord's library instead of a book store."

OOC
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

A glint in his eye sparkled as a smile grew across his, as of yet, mask-like expression. "Archaic dumbwaiters, you don't say. Well since most 19th century buildings were modernized with electric motors in the 1920's at least we won't have to lift them ourselves. After the end of the century, though, building codes prevent modern buildings from having them installed, so you can tell how old the building is at the very least," he remarked to Lux.

He took her hand pleasantly and gave it a gentle shake and then placed his hands behind his back idly.

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

"It's Nice to meet you Lux" Demise says as the women greets her along with the others. She finds it intriguing how interested Toren is with the building but then again everyone has their fascinations. So Demise smiles as they talk of Architecture attempting to follow along to the best of her abilities.

"So Lux, are you a long time resident of the area?" She asks curious since most of those she has met thus far have been new arrivals like herself.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Shane takes several gulps of his coffee, sudden;y not quite sure which conversation thread to follow. He didn't really know anything about architecture, but it wouldn't hurt to learn some random fact - but then, Demise's question had a certain amount of weight to it.

After a moment of fiddling with his plate of cake and coffee cup as if tyring to figure out the most stable way of holding both and having a free hand he decides to continue on Toren's vein of conversation and listen to Demise and Lux. "So why was that code put in place? Is it some kinda of safety or structural thing? Or is it just along the lines of kids falling down the spaces and motor fires? I mean, they seem safe enough assuming you don't have a child crazy enough to try to play hide and seek in one."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma was happy to see that others had joined in. He wanted to talk to this Toren guy a bit more, something about the new arrival intrigued him. However, he had some other business to attend and didn't really wanna leave Pulp waiting.

Maybe I can catch up with him after the meeting with Pulp and the others.

He smiled at those gathered around him as he politely excused himself.

"If you'll excuse me; there's something I need to tend to. It was nice meeting you Toren, maybe we can talk some more later."

Aenigma nodded at the Moros and then made his way towards the private room where he had seen Pulp go into.

Aenigma leaves to go to a private room in the back of the store

Toren nods to Aenigma and smiles blandly, wondering if he had heard the man's name at all in the conversation. He then turns back to Four with renewed interest, "I've no idea! But it makes you think, doesn't it. It could be that the machine rooms where the motors are kept took too much space or maybe it messed up the wiring in the building, or maybe the whole system was inefficient." He went on to say, "Perhaps the way building planning theory progressed they made up for the need to move objects between floors at all!"

He rubbed his nose to remove an itch that suddenly passed through and then looked about him curiously, gauging the reactions of his inquisitive and newfound companions.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread