Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

There Will Be Blood

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 17 of 17 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

PRE

"Yeah, I can handle the combustion," Joshua says. "Or change them into something else. My only concern is the sheer numbers of explosives; it'll take a while to get them all. But if we can re-wire them, that'll give me time to get them all disarmed eventually."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'Hmmm.' Mike rubs his chin while thinking. 'Can't you cast the spell in a more ritualistic way? Now we're here, I think we should take all the time we have. I'd rather have the combustion nullified before someone touches the wires. '

He looks from Animus to West and back. 'Can someone come with me to check the building for more threats? I can sense more wires. But more important are possible intruders. Perhaps scrying is an option?' The last one is for West. Testing Mike for his Sentinel-ship is cool and all, but he couldn't wish for the Magister to be bored. Imagine that...
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West shook his head at the Scry request, tapped his head, and pointed at Animus.
    Nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shrugs. "I can go with you. But as for intruders, I can tell you right now that the only living thing in here larger than a bug ... is us."

PRE

Joshua echoes the shrug. "If there's absolutely no one else here, give me a few hours and I can put a lid on the bombs. You guys..." He shrugs again and looks around the Circle. "Well. Hope you brought books."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

PRE

'Okay, I can't say I like bugs but they're not really worth our time now.' Mike nods to Animus with a smile.

'I think that is indeed the best thing to do, and eh, is there anything you need to make it more comfortable?' They might need books, but casting a spell for hours could be quite exhausting. Surely the Circle has coffee machine?

'Then in the meanwhile we... go sparring?' He clenches his fists but also looks around, trying to think of something useful to do.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

PRE

"Nah, I'm good," Joshua says, working out the Imago in his mind. It had been a long time since he'd done any ritual work, and it made him slightly nervous. It had to be perfect. The spell had to be big enough to cover the whole Circle, and last a while in case they couldn't take care of things immediately. He looks around the Circle to get his bearings, then moves to the north while patting the pockets of his windbreaker. Somewhere, somewhere...

He comes up with a piece of chalk, kneels, and marks out a series of runes at the north point of where he wants to work. He repeats this at each of the cardinal directions, his mind easing a bit at the final set's completion. The runes would lock the magic down, make it last a lot longer with no need for further effort. The rest was on him.

Joshua settles down cross-legged in the center of the runes. There's a moment while he clears his mind and focuses on what he needs; then he begins to channel the Supernal, building up the energy he would need to expand the spell's effect.

The ritual

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

Before the ritual starts Mike receives a message, and wonders if he could help.

'Magister, Hierarch,' he begins while looking up from his phone, 'I just received a message from Lux , she tells me that she has a possible lead on the anti-Circle group, and if I'm able to help. Am I?' Yes, this is his operation now, but the strongest of mages were already here and Mike doesn't want any casualties somewhere else.

'There won't be anything to do in the next few hours anyway.'
    Played by Dark Passenger

m
    magiuspendragon

With the suppression field in place, the Arrows are able to make quick work of the bombs. As they work, it quickly becomes apparent that whoever planted the bombs had taken great care to assure one thing: If they had been set off, the whole place would have been blown sky high.

The interior is eerily quiet, belying the destruction within. Every footstep can be heard clearly as they make their way through the debris. The Circle has been ransacked. Every nook and cranny searched, everything that could be moved has been strewn about the rooms.

As they search the remains, inventory becomes a forgone conclusion. Anything of value has been removed. Weapons, Artifacts, anything that could be used or sold to the highest bidder.

Despite the damages caused to the collection that had been retained, the building was theirs once more.

End Scene

Page 17 of 17 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Closed Thread