(1109) Sanctuary

Page 4 of 22 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four blinks at the tiny Woman, and reaches out to engulf her hand in a friendly shake. "Demise, interesting name to go by. I'm Four." his coffee and cake get places on the counter and he eagerly grabs the coffee, making sure to tip the man again. "I suspect for very similar reasons as Demise for you. I was just talking to Toren over there-" he gestures with his coffee while picking up his cake. "Interesting fellow."

He looks over longingly to the medical books, then turns back to Demise, "Would you like me to make introductions?"

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

October takes in the group, some she recognized, some she didn't, sighing to herself, realizing she needed to get out more. Looking to Pulp, "Hi Pulp, nice to see you as well! Evening Lux!" giving each of them a smile. Talk to us in private? This got her attention, "Sure." she shrugs, drinking her coffee, not sure if she should introduce herself, or see what happens. Feeling lucky, which wasn't uncommon for her, and in good spirits, she decided to be charming and friendly, "How is everyone this evening?"
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Noctina did a quick about face when Aenigma mentioned the lion king... no it couldn’t be that leo guy could it?

She turned out and was sorely disappointed to infact see him there in all his ‘regal splendour’ with a very dissatisfied look on his face. She did appreciate the jibs Aenigma was making and decided to participate.

“Oh and lo and behold what a fearsome lion king he truly is, all his foes musteth tremble in fear at hist mere presence” Noctina said attempting very poorly to speak in ye old English and had a very obviously mocking tone to what she was by the way of absurdity and exaggeration.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex first shook Pulp's hand, introducing himself quickly. "Leo Rex. It's a pleasure to meet you, Pulp." He smiled and gave the man a slight nod of acknowledgement. His eyes traveled then man up and down, as if sizing him up. He then turned to Aenigma, whose quips he found most amusing. A larger grin tugged at the corners of the smile already in place.

"Ah, we meet again! Unfortunately, I can only recall you as Dr. Jones." he said, chuckling lightly. "I can only blame myself and all that partying for the lapse in memory." He winked playfully, before his smile faltered at the insults spewing forth from Noctina's insolent lips. He turned to her, his visage mirroring his displeasure.

"You find yourself lucky, then, that you are not my foe." he began, "I'd advise you watch your tone, miss. Any further insults and you might count yourself among the unfortunate few who have earned my ire."

His sardonic tone was matched by a grin that revealed how lightly he took the matter; he had no real intentions to move against her in any way.

Can't please everyone. he thinks. Hopefully this girl isn't so daft as to not understand I am joking.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

For once, West wasn't wearing his usual rumpled tan suit.

He was wearing a rumpled navy suit.

It was no concession to formality or even the laws of fashion tied to the passage of an equinox; it was simply practical. Much like the BDUs he'd worn in the military, when the sun dipped, light camo was exchanged for dark.

He looked like a typical wage slave getting off of work.

West slid along the edges, pausing to touch books here and there, watching the gathering. As much as he liked books, they were the reason he was here. He'd heard the fresh wave of Mages had taken a liking to the place, and so the Sentinel came to stand watch.
    Nimbus

PRE

"I'll grab the key to a private room whenever you guys and girls are ready." I noticed the banter between the pair of Mysterium Warlocks and the Leo Rex, who gave me a good look over, reminding me of an old Mae West line about it was better to be looked over than overlooked. I don't offer a reaction to the one or twice over, but the banter draws a hint of a smile, the kids have got a bit of snark in them.

Turning my attention away from the conversations for half a second I look around the room for the Mage with the cool hair RockBane and the Goth girl Yog-Sothoth who are also on my list of Mages to talk to about the picture. Certainly was going to be a fun conversation.

O
    Ophidimancer

rain4.jpg

The black on black of Qadesh's outfit was stark, but classy. The Warlock wore it with a simple confidence that needed no flash to draw attention. The pull of the fabric across toned muscles was sexy in an understated way.

He entered Written in Water at a sensual stroll as usual, but there was an air of gravity that was new. This was the first time he would meet the mages of Sacramento as one of their Councilors, and he was determined to exemplify the discipline of Pandemonium.

Upon a survey of the room, Qadesh saw his cabalmates ( Lux , Pulp Noir ) and gave them a friendly smile and wave.

The other Mastigoi he recognized from the meeting and he gave them a polite nod. Leo Rex, a fellow Silver Ladder, also warranted a politely inclined head.

Then he noticed another man whom he recognized from telepathic conversations with Ahriman as the Magister of the Adamantine Arrow. He had yet to meet the man, and felt this would be as good an opportunity as any to introduce himself. A moment's thought was all it took for him to calculate the approach he wanted to take. He would have approached a Guardian of the Veil circumspectly, perhaps covertly signaling his interest, but he had yet to meet an Arrow that wasn't direct and pragmatic. Donning a polite smile, the Asian mage made eye contact with West and approached without the usual roll in his hips, businesslike but unhurried. The route he took bypassed the tables in such a way as to not obscure the other man's sight of the bookstore, not interrupting his surveillance.

He stopped at a polite distance from his target, close enough to speak in a lowered voice, but just out of his own arm's reach. He thought perhaps putting himself within the reach of the taller man, but denying himself that advantage would put the Arrow a bit more at ease. He didn't know how the man would respond to the physical overture of a handshake, so he bent slightly at the waist and inclined his head while maintaining eye contact, a warrior's bow.

"Magister West," he said, pitching his voice low enough that the other patrons wouldn't overhear, "It's good to meet you. I'm Qadesh." He didn't mention his own title of Councilor, trusting Ariadne, as Herald, to have spread the word.

"I recognize you from my cabalmate, Ahriman's, description. Do you have a moment to talk?"

His eyebrows lifted expectantly, but he otherwise maintained an expression of polite interest.

Noctina smiled.
    I am ready whenever you are. she said in a rather flirty tone to Pulp. She would war very curious by this point and desperately wanted to know what they were going to be talked to about
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Wendel, or "Toren" as he called himself now, stood up from the table he had shared with the gentleman, Four. Empty latte cup in hand he discarded it neatly in a wastebasket before staring blankly in front of him, seeming to sort something out in his head, and clueless of Four's mention of him to Demise.

He approached a wide colonet against the wall and began tracing the marble patterns looking for something where it connects to the wall. He begins casting various covert rotes upon it, sending out magical waves into the structure to return information about its composition and design.

Discern Composition

He begins to see the fabric of light interwoven into a beautiful tapestry of earth and stone and admires the careful hand of the artist who wove its pattern. It was big and quite heavy, he determined.

O
    Ophidimancer

There is a surge of power as Toren casts his spell, and anyone who cares to look in his direction notice his hands moving in specific patterns, meaningless to a Sleeper but significant to the Awakened.

Page 4 of 22 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread