Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1109) Qadesh and Gathered Mages

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

At last someone got to the freaking point !

Miach was quite unnerved by the news of loose Banishers, and much less so by the Nimbus thing, so he didn't quite get the whole point. Obviously everyone here was on edge, or else he'd have had some answer already, right ? During Aurum's display of her displeasure, he breathed slowly once or twice, and regained some measure of composure, enough at least to speak again without quaking too much. Hopefully he'd get a straight answer from the asian man this time.

Yeah, what he said. Are we on our own, or what ? It's well and nice to warn us, but please do it extensively. Oh, and I'm Miach, Mysterium, by the way...

He nodded at the assembly, and was glad to hear that there were at least other members of his Order. Miach strongly believed in "safety in numbers". No Arrows to protect them, though, he realized...

O
    Ophidimancer

Qadesh arched a coy eyebrow at the offers to douse him with hot coffee, and replied, "Guys, if you want me to take my top off, all you have to do is ask."

The Asian mage winked and then stretched his arms above his head luxuriously, popping his spine a few times, as well as exposing the rippling tightness of his abs. He dropped his arms and smiled slyly, before getting briskly back to business.

"As for how we Ladders fit into things here, we are currently working on a few things to help coordinate efforts to upgrade security."

He fished in his breast pocket for a card and a pen to scribble on it.

"Here's my contact information and the time and place of the next Silver Ladder Caucus."

Then he turned toward Recluse to answer his question.

"Mages acknowledged by the Consilium will be recognized by the Sentinels and fall under their protection, so it would be a good idea for all newcomers to come to the next Consilium meeting to be Recognized. I've already mentioned specific locations you can go if you need help."

Qadesh's eyes flicked toward Recluse for a moment before turning to make his address to the group as a whole.

"The Hostel, for example, can house you if you haven't found a place to live yet."

He then reached into his pocket again and pulled out a handful of cards, blank except for a phone number.

"And you can all call me if you need help and I will do my best to see that you get what you need."

"Other than that, you have each other. Forming a cabal isn't a tradition just because. It is a tradition because when we Awaken, we open our eyes to a world that's more dangerous than we ever knew, and we need to have people we can trust to watch our backs."

The Mastigos made a wide gesture with his hands.

"Look around you, folks. You all are the Awakened among the Sleepers, you've seen the Truth while they," he gestured vaguely out toward the main room, "only see the Lie. That makes you more alike than Path or Order, so remember that you are among some of the only people in the world that can understand you. Together you won't just be safe, you'll be more powerful than you would be alone."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum had not expected the response that Qadesh had given her. He seemed genuinely sorry for offending and it might have even made feel a little bad about soaking him with her drink. She did think it was weird how hard he was pushing people to form or join Cabals.

"Well, don't sweat it. Sorry for coming on strong, but there have been sleepers that I've ran into in town that seem to know a little bit or I saw poking around things that us awakened were poking around and at least one with a spell on them. It is just not very smart to draw attention like that. Especially with the Banishers and other elements already working against us."

She was reminded about the dangerous run in that she had with them at the museum those many months ago and how they had basically had free run to accomplish what they wanted without anyone present able to stop them.

"I've already been present at one attack, I really don't relish a repeat. Look I should be able to do a little water bending and pull that liquid out for ya if you want. No hard feelings?" Aurum asked with a small grin at her cheezy avatar joke.

She turned to Demise with a small smile. "Oh hey, I've recently got back so I haven't really formally introduced myself again either. So we might be able to stop off there together if you like and if he isn't busy. Otherwise I could see if I have his numbe around somewhere if you'd prefer."
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

A
    Anubis

Nodding back at Alister, Anubis faces Qadesh, "When is the next Consilium?" Since he brought it up he should know when the next one is right? And whats with encouraging cabals among people who just met?

Miach

PRE

Miach didn't feel one bit like lingering here unduely, but he knew he had no choice. Like it or not, he needed the Mysterium, he needed the Consilium, he needed to be there. So instead of doing the sensible thing, and running back to the hospital, he walked to Qadesh and took the card with a nod of thanks.

Indeed, when is the next Consilium, please ? I can't wait to meet all this city has to offer.

He looked at the assembly, and did not feel too reassured at the prospect of teaming up with two goths, a kid, or two nobodies. Even if deep down they were much much more. Only Alister seemed like someone interesting. Perhaps it was Fate indeed that he was the first one he talked to. Anyway, Miach nodded at him, and shrugged as if apologizing for the audience, then moved back into the background.

O
    Ophidimancer

Nodding seriously to Aurum, Qadesh cocked his head slightly to one side and shook his head ruefully at himself.

"You know, you're absolutely right, Aurum. Here I am warning these guys about how dangerous it is and I go and do something obvious like that. Blame it on my early training in the San Francisco Consilium."

He threw a hand up in the air and rolled his eyes.

"I meant it about the favor, though. If nothing else, let me get you lunch or something, you pick the place."

Qadesh's smile was sincere and friendly. His body language was casual and relaxed. He wasn't pressing the issue, just making a friendly offer.

At the questions about the next Consilium meeting, Qadesh replied,

"Well there was one not too long ago, so there might not be another for a little bit, but I may be able to speak to the Hierarch and find out. Meanwhile, Written in Water is the current social venue of choice for the Consilium, so if you check back in here every once in awhile, you'll probably run into the other members."

Raising a finger, he continued,

"Oh, speaking of the Hierarch, his name is Animus, and he's and Arrow. The Acanthus Councilor is named Technique, also an Arrow. The Thyrsus Councilor is called Triquetra, and she's a Guardian of the Veil. The Moros Councilor is called Joshua Morris, another Arrow. And the Obrimos Councilor is called Rosh, a Free Councilor."

Miach

PRE

From the second row of onlookers, Miach breathed a heavy sigh of relief. There were Arrows, and they were in charge. While it spoke poorly of the current state of affair, still there were people dedicated to stabilizing it. It gave him hope. Menwλl had always spoken highly of Arrows, and if Miach felt like entering a cabal one day, he knew it would have to be with them. He was fairly open-minded about the Free Council too, but it was usually a no-no with the daduchois, and so he mostly kept it too himself. Even though it varied by person, the mystagogue knew he probably wouldn't like to group with thearchs or guardians, whose goals where so far from his... and so he was alone, and fine for it. For now...

E
    Exewon

Recluse slowly made his way back towards the seatswhen the others began talking again. He didn't have any specific questions right now and qadesh didn't know when the next consilium was until he had asked it to the hierarch. He probably should keep his hears open and continue to come to written in water to keep up on the news it seemed, continuing to keep his eyes on the other mages in the room, trying to find out if one of the mages looked interested in forming a cabal. His eye fell on miach, the mage did look a little bit twitchy and the way he was looking for insurances a few moments ago did strike him as somebody who didn't mind somebody watching his back.
    Sitting down on the first row, only a chair away from Miach he looked back to qadesh when he didn't mentioned who the mastigos councilor was.
    “You forgot to mention the councilor of the mastigos. Or don't we have a councilor of our path right now?”

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Turning her friendly smile towards Aurum, Demise is pleased to see her fellow Mysterium member is much more calm now. She nods slightly as Aurum makes her offer "Yes, it would be nice not to have to go alone."

Thinking for a moment Demise is intrigued by the number of Mysterium she has managed to run into already... it certainly seemed that the Mysterium had a strong hold on the city.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ix stood from his seat slightly and leaned near enough to accept the card from Qadesh with a nod of thanks, before plopping back down and taking a swig of coffee. It's finally hit that just-right temp: satisfyingly hot, without scalding your tasty bits. Giving the card a once over, he deposits it casually into an inside pocket of his own jacket.

That the Hierarch, Animus, and two of the Councilors wre all Arrows, gave Ixidor a distinct impression of a city under Martial Law. Though, that was an idea he could get on board with. There was a certain security to it, actually.

Committing a few of the other names most important to him to memory, Rosh, for example, Ix is content to listen to the goings on of the magi around him. He let them ask the other important questions for him, and just absorbed it. He tried not to look antsy, but, well...

There's a new city out there! Arcana to learn! Music to make! Drugs to abuse!
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.