Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Blazing Saddles

THREADID

Miach

PRE

Of course Miach would have felt down after what had happened at the Museum, but after a couple of weeks had elapsed, it seemed rather futile to keep on brooding, and the Acanthus tried to shake himself into activity. After checking a couple of things (date, GPS, fuel tank, gear, money, food, light, water, etc), the Hearthmaster decided to throw an invite to his Cabalmates. Rendez-vous at the Sanctum. 8 AM sharp. For a surprise trip the like of which he hoped would please the Moroi.

L
    LoneRanger

As the invitation arrived I agreed gratefully. So I am at the Sanctum door, wearing the usual outfit fir for a funeral. Of course there is a reason. In a bag there is a change, a gym suit with approrpiate gym shoes. As I watch myself, turning around, I listen to the noises of the city. I wonder where this may lead us.

In case I spot Miach I greet him friendly and tell him:

"Hey Miach great to see you. I've done what you asked me, I spoke with the other Mysterium folks. A rather interesting tour. So what's next? And what you plan for today?"

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland entered the room any found the two of them there. He looked tired, like he hadn't slept great, and there was dirt and mud around his shoes. "Yo, sorry im a bit late hey. I've been out at St Mary's talkin' to some ghosts there, tryin' to, you know, move on and stuff." He sighed out loud, "They can talk a lot bro, like, a lot. And like, it don't help that they ain't all there, so the convo goes like, round and round." He walks and and fins himself a chair and drops into it heavily.

"So Miach, what's up bro?"

Miach

PRE

"You talk to ghosts as part of a routine ? Why would you do that ?" he inquired softly with his Cabalmate. "I tihnk Truce does likewise too, maybe you could with him about it too."

Regardless, he heaved a sigh, and looked both Moroi as straight as he could. "Well, I've planned a trip to the Black Chasm Cavern, if you're interested. It's supposed to be great. I wanted to enjoy a last moment with you before I left Sacramento..." there, he'd said it.

"I'm sorry Pelican, I won't be the one to answer you about the Mysterium anymore. Wayland knows the situation I'm in." Distrusted. Loathed perhaps even. Apprenticed. And probably more. "After a lot of consideration, I've decided to move on to Argentina with my girlfriend and try with a fresh start there. She hails from there, you see...

I wish you could have met her. I wish I could have met your ladyfriends... it may even still happen someday in the future, who knows. But it won't be anytime soon, that much is certain. Well..."
    he shrugged. What else was there to say.

"I hope the cave is great. I really wish to have a good one with you before leaving." and the doctor smiled to them. A sad, tired, but determined smile. If he could still help them from there, he would. They had deserved that.

5. Likes West liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

Ah Mysterium, I shrug when the doctor talks about Mysterium.I continue to listen with attention to what Miach says. That's nice, must be something to do with Fate. Acanthus often revolves around it.

"Ah I have actually something similar along the lines, I'm moving to old Europe. My ole mentor wants me there." There was a strange feeling... yeah something like the end of Blazing saddles. You know, going nowehre special. Always wanted to go nowhere special. of course that was a joke part.

I look at the other Moros, offer him an hand for shaking. "Wayland, it was a pleasure working with you. May our Path guide you well! yes, definitely Truce is the guy to speak about Death."

Then I turn to M, offering to him an hand to shake. "So farewell, old friend. I am pretty sure you will be fine everywhere you'll be. So"

with a cheerful smile.

"Get on with it, to the caves."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Yeah I talk to ghosts. I've always held to the belief that ghosts like, shouldn't be hangin' around. Like, their souls can't fully move on if a part of them, even if its just their shell, is like still achored here. So I talk to them, find out what the douche-bags are waitin' around for. If I can help them like, get peace, they sometimes move on naturally. Plus, ghosts tend to freak the fuck outta people when they get pissed, so i guess, 'less is more' right?"

The news made him sad, which is something he had been feeling a lot lately, but this was more real. His new family was all but gone now. Miach he knew would be having a tough time, and it may just be that a change of scenery would do him good, but deep down, he knew it was just another escape. He hadn't had a chance to speak with Truce regarding Miach's apprenticeship, but him leaving town smacked of retreat instead of facing the conflict both within him, and with the community. Conflict is what brought about change, and if he was running, he was probably unlikely to change. Its a shame, but its Miach's decision.

"Sorry to hear that bro. Hope things work for you better down there. You too Pelican, and dont worry 'bout me, i'll survive. Still, i'm up for some cave hunting. Lets go out on a high!"

Miach

PRE

It hardly seemed germane to linger on their respective paths whether past or ahead, at this point, and Miach merely shook hand with Pelican in silence, before nodding in agreement with Wayland. "It's commendable. I trust you'll do good."

The Acanthus then held his keys in front of them, and smiled. "To all that's ahead of us ! And let's start with a discovery walk !" Half a jest, half a toast, all of it full of the very best wishes Miach could convey.

And he entered his car, waiting for his Cabalmates still for a couple more hours.

L
    LoneRanger

As Miach moves to the car. I tell with a kind tone to Wayland, with a jolly good humour.

"So let's get on with it. Do you want to sit near Miach or do you prefer the back seat?"

Closed Thread