Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1109) Qadesh, Leo Rex, Hephaestus

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex folded his hands, weighing his words. He caught the hint of annoyance.

I'm right. It's a shame Libertines have such a stereotype. he muses. To be fair, all of the Orders have their stereotypes.

"Well, Hephaestus," he begins, "I study the Spiritual world and how the human world used to interact with it. The shamans of old, the medicine men. It's absolutely fascinating."

O
    Ophidimancer

Qadesh returned to the table with a smile and key to a private room in his hand.

"This way, gentlemen." he said, leading them into a small but comfortable room that had all the accoutrements of a finely appointed personal office. The furniture was old, solid wood, the leather upholstery worn and comfortable, despite being thin in spots.

Qadesh closed the door behind them and clicked on a few of the old fashioned green desk lamps, their old pull chains clinking a little. Then he took a breath and sighed.

"There now, that's a little more private. Now we can drop the cute little code words we have to use around the Sleepers. They always make me feel like I'm in a bad spy movie."

Qadesh laughed ruefully.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex rises slowly, picking up his cane and following Qadesh into the private room. He gazes around at the decor of this room, also noting it's style and taste. He allows himself a small grin before turning to Qadesh and speaking.

"Indeed. If that had continued any longer, I would have to insist you addressed me only as Mr. Bond." he chuckled and continued, "In all seriousness, however, please forgive me for arriving unannounced. I know very little about Sacramento and would not be able to even tell you who the Lictor of the region is. If possible, I would like to be in contact with Sacramento's Deacon. Any assistance you could give would help me very much and I would be much obliged."

Stranger in a strange land, as they say. he mused.

R
    Reathin

Hephaestus stepped in last, breathing a quiet sigh. Now this was an atmosphere he could appreciate. The dark wood selection was excellent and looked durable. That was the problem with some of the mass-produced material these days; they never stood up to time very well. Enjoying the click of his wooden cane on the floor before taking a seat, he was pleasantly surprised that the material was not unpleasant while retaining a certain degree of solidarity beneath it. Of course, now if he wanted to mask any information he was going to have to try a good bit harder. And he wasn't the manipulative sort, really. Still, maybe it wouldn't be so bad now that the corny double-speak was done away with.

"Hmm." He said (or grunted anyway) in response to Qadesh. He didn't know anything about local Silver Ladder personas, so he was unable to answer Leo's question either.

O
    Ophidimancer

“As I mentioned outside, the Consilium here in Sacramento is a bit chaotic. The Silver Ladder hasn’t had a presence here at all until somewhat recently. You’re looking at one of the few Thearchs in the city. Along with my cabal mate, Lux, and a novice named Mari, we’re the only Silver Ladder representation in the city.”

Qadesh raised an eyebrow and inclined his head in a sight nod to Leo.

“With you, that makes four,” he smiled a winning smile.

“Welcome to Sacramento! We’ve got a lot of work to do.”

The Warlock reached a hand into breast pocket and produced a card.

“But that’s just internal Order business. We don’t need to bother other people with it. Here,” he said, handing the card to Leo, “that’s the time and place for our next meeting and,” with a coy, flirtatious grin up at the handsome blond, “my number if you need to get in touch with me … for any reason.”

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex takes the card, fingertips brushing against Qadesh's skin. He flips the card over, checking both sides, before tucking it in the pocket on the interior of his suit jacket.

"Duly noted, Qadesh. I'll be sure to contact you if anything worth noting comes up." he says, a winning smile pulling the corners of his mouth back to reveal perfect teeth, something very unexpected for a British man. "I'll be scouting out the city and checking on the health of the Shadow and the spirits in Twilight."

A nice enough man, this Qadesh, but I should be sure to tread lightly. I don't want him to get the wrong idea.

O
    Ophidimancer

"Before you do that, you might want to check in with Triquetra, she's the Thyrsus Councilor and she might know a bit about the Spirit landscape. She might have some useful tips and warnings."

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-17 00:27:08 Qadesh rolls 7 to Wits3+Emp(Body Language)4 to gauge Leo (10 Again) 7, 10, 4, 9, 7, 8, 10, 2, 6 4 successes

L
    LivingScarecrow

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-17 00:39:41 Leo Rex rolls 7 to Pres4+Subt1+2(SL4) to resist Empathy (10 Again) 6, 7, 9, 8, 3, 1, 5 2 successes

Leo Rex holds his posture as neutral as he can, using his looks and lordly heir to cover any uncomfortable feelings stirred by Qadesh flirting with him.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex nodded, still smiling to Qadesh. "Very well then. Is there any chance you might have the Thyrsus Councilor's contact information?"

OOC: Adding to a post I only just realised was wayyyy too short.

O
    Ophidimancer

Noting the blond man's discomfort, Qadesh filed it away and seamlessly transitioned to a less flirtatious tone.

"I don't have her direct contact information, but she's a Guardian of the Veil and her Order is based out of the Circle of Creation. I'm sure you can get in touch with her there."

Noticing that Hephaestus had been silent for awhile, Qadesh turned a pleasant smile on the taciturn man.

"So Hephaestus, are you in an Order?"

OOC

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.