David sits in the darkness, a small bowl in front of him, and strings of cotton lined up neatly to his side, and his ritual knife in front of him.

"Great Bast, look after this working in your honor, watch over my hands as I bind us all, let not my fingers tremble, let not my blood be wasted."

David raises the knife.
"Honored Amaterasu, I give to you a gift of blood this day, watch over me, your enemy; keep away those who would defile my congress with the Crone."

He scores a light cut across his wrist, and spills seven drops of blood in a septagram around himself.

David holds his wrist over the bowl, and lets the Vitae seep out of his wrist, splashing into the shallow bowl, then places the strings into the bowl, soaking up the vitae there.

"Holy Crone, Terrible Crone, Supernal Crone, I beg your indulgence. I bless my congregation this day, and wish for your favor to bring truth to my words. Your majesty is too great, I am not of sufficient understanding to see you through all of your aspects. Listen, I humbly entreat, to the words I speak."

"For Nao Zhong, with the aspect of water, I ask for Vellamo to give her stability, for Namaka to guard her from fire, for Susanoo to confuse her enemies, and for Mazu to show her the way home."
He removes four strings from the vitae, and braids them together, weaving each in and out to form a bracelet.

"For Chris Wooding, with the aspect of Fire, I ask Belisama the Light to bring him warmth, I ask Brigid the Poet to deepen his understanding of words, I ask Vesta the hearth-maiden to teach him of family, and I ask Pele to help contain him learn self-control."

He removes another 4 strings from the bowl, and braids them together to form a bracelet.

"For Bogdana Blaszanyik, with the Aspect of Wind, I ask that Ayao the Warrior to teach her strength, I ask Oya the Lightning to destroy her enemies, I ask Stata Mater the Extinguisher to teach her control, and I ask Wadjet to guard her in her innocence."

He removes another 4 strings from the bowl, and braids a braclet.

"For David Silver, with the aspect of Earth, I entreat upon Phra Mae Thorani, the Judge, to aid him in his choices; I beg Asintmah the progenitor to show him to create an everlasting tradition; I beseach Yer Tenri the Mother, to bring a bounty of good food upon him and his circle; and I implore Etugen, the bull rider, to teach him the duties of his station."

He removes another 4 strings from the bowl, and braids a fourth bracelet.

"For the Crone, blessed is she, blessed is the Crone our Mother, we her children give blessing. As the Sun wanes in power, so do your children grow in strength. For the Crone, I give my blood, the blood of stone, the blood of tilled earth, the blood of duty, and the blood of love."

He takes the last four strings, and braids it into a bracelet.

David stands up, and bows low to the four cardinal directions, and then again to the seven points of the heptagram. "Holy Mother, Holy Crone, thank you for watching over me, thank you for hearing my prayers."

He collects the bracelets, and retires for the day.