Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1109) Ethan and Conner

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner exits the room and sees Mister Russell waiting to speak to him, "May I be of some assistance Mister Russell?"

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Thinking it best to play it nice where his Priscus was concerned, Russell greets the new authority with a nod, and what he considers a real olive branch.

"Congratulations, Regent Greyson."

But, then again, that didn't answer Conner's question, did it? Not one to hurry unless it was called for, Russ waits a beat before continuing. He is careful not to let the silence drag, however, because his fellow Mekhet had a bit of a reputation.

"This might be bad timing on my part. I didn't bet on this... or what it's gonna do to your schedule. But I am betting that you overheard the proposition I made to--" a tick of a pause, here, as Russ remembers to add an appellation at the last instant
    "--Mister Wooding, back there."

C
    Conner Greyson

"I did indeed, it seems you and Mister Wooding will be training together." Conner nods his head as he thinks of the two kindred and there overall goals. "Have you thought of what you hope to achieve by working with Mister Wooding?" Conner asked.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Good question. But then, Russell supposed a Deputy would be one to ask good questions.

"Right now, I just want to see his skills so I'll know what I can count on from him." A second or two later, to dispel the notion of threat assessment, Russ adds, "And give him the same opportunity."

A slightly longer pause this time, as the Mekhet in shades considers what to say, and what to leave be.

"Reason I'm mentioning it to you, is that we seem to have... similar preferences. But I admit, I'm missin' something." Russell's voice, which was remaining cordial with that slightly amused tone of his, takes a little bit of an edge. Perhaps in self frustration. "I watched Anton Flores hack down some kinda Bear Golem a while back. I helped, but he was striking faster with one knife than I was with two." And that had been a big, heavy-ass bowie...

C
    Conner Greyson

"So... are you asking me to train you?" Conner stated looking into the lenses of the other mekhet. Conner wondered if the two mekhet were planning some sort of coup against him because of his injury. They are not that stupid... Conner thought to himself.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Conner seemed to have a knack for framing questions in ways that made Russell not want to answer them. Everything was a test of his pride and self-reliance since attempting to settle in Sacramento, and it was getting uncomfortable. But these things were meant to be put to the test.

"I'm not as efficient as I could be. If you can show me what I'm doing wrong, and tell me what I can do for you in return... then, yeah."

He'd thought of putting a similar question to Greyson than the one he put to Wooding, but dropped that notion quickly when he pictured the outcome:

You any good with those knives you carry around?

Suddenly, two metal handles are sticking out of Russ' temples.

I can tell the back from the front, yes.

...Yeah, best to just play it cool.

C
    Conner Greyson

"Very well. I cannot do it immediately," Conner states flatly, "But I am sure we can arrange something..."

"But there will be stipulations. We will discuss them when the time comes. I will contact you when I am available. If you wish to have Mister Wooding come along it that would be up to you."
    Conner looked to Chris talking to Asa and wondered if Mister Wooding would be keeping his head on his shoulders long enough to train with them.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Russell couldn't have expected a more perfect response. He knew Conner was busy, that they'd have to wait for his schedule to clear, and there would be some price to pay. No monkey wrench was yet flying toward his face. Except that, now was supposed to come the polite gratitude.

"Lookin' forward to it. If you need another pair of hands for anything in the meantime..." he finishes the sentence with a nod, avoiding some corny 'I'm your man', or 'you got my number' bullshit.

C
    Conner Greyson

"I will remember your Offer Mister Russell." Conner says, "And I will be in touch when I have a clear schedule." Conner states with a nod and a tone of finality, basically saying the conversation is over on his end.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

The corners of Russell's mouth twitch in what could be considered a smile. Using the combo title that was sounding quite popular in Court so far, 0ne Shadow bids goodbye to the other. After which, he steps back near the wall and resumes his gargoyle practice.

"Good evening, Regent Priscus."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.