DISPLAYED
Woven Circle: To teach a maiden

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David sits in the circle of creation, perusing through a book on mongolian mythology: Tengir, the Eye of Heaven.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Dana arrives at the temple, and, standing at the doorway, announces herself through a knock.

"Hierophant Silver? I'm here."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David doesn't look up,
    "Come in Acolyte. Sit, and tell me of your efforts."
    David indicates the floor in front of him.

Not yet. She hasn't earned many things yet. When she earns them she will appreciate them. Until then, the floor is appropriate.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Since she had arrived in Sacramento, even during the mourning for the Solstice, Bogdana had not been reminded of her true place at the Circle. Now the Hierophant bluntly remembered her she was barely an initiate at all. Humbly and in somewhat clumsy manner, she takes a sit on the floor.

"I did as I was told, Hierophant Silver. I found a mortal man and brought him to my bedside. I made him long for me, and after that I tossed him out. He entered my house as a guest, and after I had what I wanted from him, he left as a trespasser."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"You have shown your power, your control over the humans that are beneath us. We are vampires, our desires and theirs are different. Even though we can enjoy the pleasure of sex, its hunger over us is nothing like it is over them. Even though they may enjoy their food, their pleasure is incomparable to ours. Do you understand this?"

David looked down at Bogdana. She will be the daughter he wanted, and he will start at the basics with her. She will become great, and powerful. But first, she must learn what power she already has.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Dana remembers the satisfaction of using the mortal man and then discarding him. The pleasure she felt as she perceived the look of confusion on his face. "I do, Hierophant Silver."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Then show me. Perform a task that shows that distinction, that embraces your existence and rejoices in it."
    "Keep in mind the masquerade."
    He adds as an afterthought.
    He doesn't wait for her acknowledgment. She will do as she is told.
    "Now, what did you want to discuss with me?"
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Dana thinks a little; a second task... But what? Beeing free to choose one seemed fine, but she couldn't think of something right now. Well, she would, given time.

"I will do as I'm told, and I won't make you wait long for an answer about it."

"About that... A few weeks ago, me and some other Gangrel located a rogue Ghoul, one that belonged to a Brood vampire."
    Bogdana remembers the Hierophant had arrived in Sacramento even later than her. "It was an issue before we arrived in town and it seems it has been dealt with to the Domain's satisfaction, but the ghoul somehow managed to escape."

"He killed himself, trying to kill us, so to most that issue is dealt with it too. But before exploding himself, he mentioned he was being fed Vitae by a member of the First Estate."

Dana pauses for a moment before continuing. "I don't know if this information should be trusted, but we thought, at the time, it was worth verifying. Thing is, our Priscus left the Domain, and I also haven't heard of the other Savage. I could enlist another person's help, Dillon Connery, he's also Gangrel and he has arrived in Sacramento recently."

"Thing is... I'm still unsure if I can trust him; he's Sanctified. I think it'd go more smoothly if someone I know I can trust would be there with us; that's because I come here to you for help, Hierophant Silver. Also, with our... Former Hierophant rogue and at large, I feel our Circle needs every help it can muster to regain the Domain's confidence. If at least two of us managed to uncover any Brood leftover in Sacramento, that could take second thoughts away from any vampire who still has some about us."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David mulls over the information from Bogdana for quite a while, several minutes of silence pass, before he finally speaks.

I'm missing something critical here. Why is this a city matter? Why hasn't the invictus worked it out on its own? Or have they, and everything has been rugswept? Something is odd here.

"Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the situation. The ghoul in question was being fed by a member of the first estate, identity unkown. You seek to perform an inquisition through the Invictus to find this individual, and expose him as a brood sympathiser, or at least, a collaborator. Alternative theories such as the invictus in question might have been trying to manipulate the ghoul for his own power advancement are of unkown veracity. Do I understand the situation correctly?"
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Dana looks away from her Hierophant to ground, biting her lip. "I... I didn't plan something like that. I was thinking of working the other way around, going back to where we found him, in Roxie Hart's regency, and look for traces of him or of his unknown master. If we found something, we could give the information to the Herald or the Reeve, and they would do as they seemed fit. I didn't intend to start some sort of inquisition we don't have the power or authority to conduct... And honestly I believe it would backfire horribly upon us, or at least it wouldn't work."

"If you think it's the wisest thing to know, we could simply leave the matter on the Domain's authorities as it is now. I... I confess I hadn't thought of this thoroughly."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread