Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Consilium V

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Brent looked about the room, looking for his fellow Thyrsus, hell he did not know everybody and only knew of two others. Animus being one and Triquetra being the other.

Heading over to her he smiled "I am not sure but is it just the three of us?" he said quietly. "We should head over to Animus and talk about it."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

PRE

Dr. Primoria nods curtly to Jingo after the Hierarch had spoken before looking about slowly as if to herd all the other Enchanters. Jack gets up from where he was seated and makes his way once again to join whatever congregation of Acanthus had come to this, following Dr. Primoria's lead over to a corner of the room.

Jingo gets up as well, looking about to see where his Path may be meeting.

Rosh

PRE

Rosh moves to stand above and to the left of Brent and Triquetra. "Has anyone else seen the Aether?" Rosh looks out at the new arrivals.
    Last time this happened, Rosh had one brother on the Path.

And then that brother died.

L

"Umm...I think it is." At least, there weren't any other Thyrsoi she knew about. Nor was she certain whether or not they were technically supposed to go over to the big Hierarch chair to discuss this. But he didn't seem to be leaving it, so...nothing else for it. And she drifted over to it along with Brent.

Brent approaches the table where Animus is sat. Perhaps it would be considered rude trying to involve the Hierarch, but then again it was equally rude to discount him because of his position. In fact he could possibly be more upset if they did not ask. Brent figured it was best to be polite, he never saw Animus as the Hierarch, hell never really spoke to him like it either. Not out of disrespect, Brent preferred to see the Hierarch as a man rather than an office.

Brent bowed as he approached the table. This would actually be a quick conversation.

"Hierarch, please forgive any rudeness by my approaching the table." Brent paused. "I was actually not sure if you wanted to be part of the discussion or not. The way I see it is you are still a Thyrsus and still entitled to vote." he shrugged. Weather Animus wanted that vote was down to him, no one could say that he did not ask. Brent sighed. "I had hoped there would be more of us under our tower. It does not matter, we are here so I suppose this decision process is going to be quick and easy."

He paused and turned to look at Triquetra. "I have not been in the city that long. You have been here longer than I. If you wish to be our paths councillor then you have my vote. If you do not wish to do it then I am happy to step up as long as you both are happy for me to do it."

"I understand I am still too new here so if Triquetra does not want to do it and you are not happy for me to do it we might have to possibly forgo having a councillor until a later date?"
    He was not even sure that was an option. Still it was up to Triquetra. He could not get more reasonable than that. Sure he could put his name in the hat, so could Triquetra. But at the end of the day the situation was what it was. Best to deal with it in an honourable way. Rather than possibly reaching a stalemate or the Hierarch having to choose.

Oh...she hadn't really expected the position, or the choice of whether or not to take it, just to fall in her lap like that. It basically sounded like he wasn't particularly seeking the position, but was willing to step up if that's what was best. Which about mirrored her thoughts and inclinations about the entire thing. Still, it seemed to be up to her to choose, presumably...probably. After what Brent had said she doubted Animus would argue with her. Even if it was just for fear of being sent to the dogwolfhouse.

Which, brought up the question of whether or not she wanted it. Which was a good question. It wasn't a position she'd actively sought, or would have actively sought. But wasn't there some quote out there about that was a good thing for people who held positions of responsibility? Joshua would probably be the Moros Councilor, if she was the Thyrsus one that could be quite a sizable amount of influence for their cabal. Of course, she'd probably have to listen to a hundred more plots and ideas from Henry if she held the position. And it'd no doubt inspire at least two hundred more within him that she'd never hear a word about. Oh the joys of weighing pros and cons.

Ultimately, she supposed it came down to whether or not she trusted someone she barely knew as the councilor of her Path. Brent apparently would. But then, he was an Arrow. She was a Guardian, albeit an atypical one. But even so...over the years that fostered a certain amount of paranoia. So that trust, wasn't quite something she had. Maybe it would have been different if he'd campaigned for the position, convinced her that he'd do a good job with the post. But...C'est la vie.

So she straightened a bit. Looking, well, looking about as serious and professional as she ever did. "I'll do it." And hey, she only even needed a fraction of the number of words that he did, too.

Animus jolts visibly at Brent's words, before whipping about to face the other two Thyrsoi, surprise briefly flashing across his face. "I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting ..." The words trail off, leaving the Hierarch's face slightly flushed as he stands to face the other two on an even footing.

Animus makes eye contact with Brent and Triquetra in turn. "There are six chairs for a reason; one position is quite burden enough to bear. I intended for the two of you to decide between yourselves, and it sounds like you have." A soft smile momentarily flickers across his features. "Not that I have any complaints about the decision reached."

"So...I guess that's that then." And now she was a Councilwoman. She who'd never considered herself to be any sort of politician. Probably not for the last time, she wondered what she was getting herself into. "I...guess I'll take my seat then." And with that, she drifted over to plop down into the Thyrsus Councilor's chair.

Merge back into main conversation

Technique

Tech moves to join Tyria and Jack in what is sure to be a very interesting conversation with the others of the Lunargent Thorn.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West moved to join the other Acanthus, not bothering to hide his curiosity as to where each of the new arrivals grouped with.
    Nimbus

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Mike takes his time just to look at everybody, he knows who Joshua Morris is already, but others didn't know he did. So he stared around for a while, make mental notes of how people could be, his assumption relying on their appearance only. Just for the fun to prove myself I'm wrong. Once started as an experiment, now a habit. And the last phase is to see if people have changed once they're dead. Although I do not hope to have the opportunity that too soon of course.

As more mages started to group together, Mike decides it is time to see his Councilor. He folds his hands, and being his half-woman self he walks over to Joshua. He bows slightly, with just a little more than his head, 'Joshua Morris?'

'My name is Mike Tamwood, a newly arrived mage on the Path of Doom.' And please don't tell me you're the only other traveler I will meet there.

Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne quietly slips to the back of the room. Henry being the Warlock representative leaves her time to conduct other things. Like talk to the quiet new mage in the back. She approaches Karen and stops a few feet back mimicking how she acted towards Mike. "Hi I'm Ariadne. Are you new in town?" Ariadne asks quietly not wanting to disturb those meeting to discuss politics.

Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread