Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
A Fire in Babylon

Page 8 of 14 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
    L

Rick looked back and forth between Faith and Terri, one eyebrow rising in bemusement. "Don't make me stick the two of you in one of those cages..."

He also made sure to keep an eye on what else was all happening, and was reminded of why he'd never particularly felt any urge to enter a mosh pit. And he wondered if Otto realized it was the Summer King he so eagerly went up against in the cage. Not the 'Ling in any Freehold Rick would want to go up against with most of his Contracts off-limits to him. Of course, not everyone necessarily depended upon them in combat as much as he did.

Alice's arrival caught him by surprise. Though, he supposed his own presence could hardly have been expected. That made three of the four Monarchs in attendance. That would probably be it, though...he really couldn't see Katrin showing up here.

"Daaaamn....talk about picking your opponents better. There's someone else who just got annihilated."

Realizing that he probably sounded as though he was talking to himself, he looked over at the other Lost and shrugged slightly....though he did get in a subtle nod to Alice. That much he remembered to do.

"You know, I never really got into that Pride Fighting stuff. To me, it looks kind of weird to have two guys rolling around on the floor trying to punch each other in the junk."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall's arm slid out as Alice returned the bump, as deftly as any martial move, wrapping around her waist as he took a half step to face her. Grinning, he gave her a soft, chaste kiss on her cool lips before stepping back to the side, keeping his arm around her.

"Well, no kidding,"
    he answered surprised.

It wasn't every day you saw someone Hulk out, especially in public.

"I know I'm not one to talk, but isn't that sort of indiscretion, like, frowned upon?"

PRE

Rust slides with his opponent, keeping the distance tight. "Then grow up, Gramps" And the King back hands the Otter with an audible smack. Otto had his chance and spat on it.

But then. Rust never backed down either. Certainly when it was clear he would lose.
    With different eyes, Rust looks at Otto and groans knowing himself to well to believe he could just kick the guy when he was down. "shit."

B
    Beej

The slap sent Otto to the floor. Breathing heavily he struggled to try and stand back up. "Ten miles...in the snow..both ways..." he gasps, trying to get the joke out.

Otto, Def 3, will 4/6, Glamour 5/10
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][]

S
    Spartan

Spartan stands back watching the fight. He probably should stop it but he is going to let the old man prove his mettle. Spartan knew how much that some times, people just need to fight. They just need to step up and throw down.

K
    Kazakin

Rook watched the brawl between Rust and the unknown guy go on. Rust was demolishing him, and it spoke to the part of Rook that wasn't himself, to the part of him that he'd become in Arcadia. He felt his fingers twitch and he pushed his hands into his suit pocket.

Steel Gambit. Kingside Steel Knight forward.

Bronze to move. Bronze Queen captures Kingside Steel Knight.

Steel to move. Queenside Steel Rook captures Bronze Queen.

The thoughts in his head were barely an echo of the way the Keeper's voice... no, not voice, will, had felt. It wasn't so much a sound as it was simply knowing that it was important. It had forged him and remade him until it was difficult to stay out of the fight. The moves couldn't describe the violence of a capture, how the pieces fought for their lives.

It was sickening to remember and even more sickening to know that part of him, some dim and distant part that had been irrevocably changed, would always long for it.

He kept his mouth shut, his lips pressed into a thin line as he watched the others move around, spotting Leo cheering like a maniac as the fight concluded, and then the stranger stupidly continuing to throw barbs at Rust.

He knew how that was. Wounded pride could make a man do terrible things.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus starts to signal Spartan at Nightfall's suggestion, but the Bloodbrute already appears to have the situation well in hand.

"Or that, indeed."

The Warden smiles in satisfaction as his King flattens the upstart Spring Courtier. Noticing the plucky Beast's Queen, the Metalflesh turns and nods to Alice as she approaches her betrothed.

"Alright, Alice?"

Almost immediately, Marcus nods in acknowledgement of her fiance's question.

"I had hoped everyone would have the good sense to keep a low profile this evening... but, I suppose that was only wishful thinking."

Justin's sense of sarcastic appreciation for the fight started to fade as it began to dawn on him that not so long ago he was fighting for his own life, whether it involved The Talent Scout's entertainment schemes, or the Lady racking up increasing amounts of gambling debt. Without a word he put down his beer and glanced at his hands, hoping that no one caught the quick movement.

How many times had he been smashed up and rebuilt? Quite a few.

How many times had he destroyed other beings who had once been as human as he was? The dreams which made him wake up screaming at night never had a set tally.

What happened to him when it became apparent to the Lady that he was obsolete and hopelessly outclassed in the pit? Tossed out on the midden like any other worn out investment.

"I...ah, yeah. Maybe I should find something else to watch."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice couldn't help but return Neil's grin with a smile of her own as she felt his arms encircle her. Surrendering herself to his touch she wrapped an arm around him as well returning his kiss. Then with the moment over almost as soon as it began she turned her attention to the topic at hand.

"Yes, it is frowned on," Alice replied not realizing that she was actually frowning in disapproval as she spoke. "I don't wanna draw attention to us, but I'll have to have a word with him. To give a friendly reminder I mean...he should know better."

Page 8 of 14 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.