Ended
Watch

First Meetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding, twin tails bob, Martha smiles. "Introductions? Splendid idea, Reeve." with a friendly hand gesture, she eagerly takes each attendee in turn..."Ladies and gentlemen, this is Reeve Max Heinz...Sir, here we have Dr Josephine Powell, Initiate Jessica Green..." both of whom Martha sneaks a swift and furtive look to their shoes, "...Miss Amelita Cardoso...Mr Anasztaz Veres, the name may be familiar to you, he is a published scholar of the Ordo and...Priscus Ajax, who is demonstrating a interest in the Ordo and its work." a shy smile and a hard rub at the hip of her crippled leg. "Questions of evaluation are sound, Reeve. I believe Miss Cardoso is applying for instruction, as is Priscus Ajax. Mr Veres has already avowed sponsorship of Miss Cardoso with regard to instruction."
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Indeed, I had wished to hear of the existing induction procedures, rather than of the initiation ceremony." Anasztaz corrects Martha politely. A slight misunderstanding.

"With that said, I do agree with Mr. Heinz. Evaluation is necessary before admission is granted." he throws a gaze to the candidates as he speaks.

"I'd suggest we set trials for the candidates we have advocated for. Once the tests are concluded, if the mentor is satisfied, we'll bring our pupil and both can expose their trials and results. This will be a chance for the other members to question the candidate from what was exposed and for a decision to be reached on whether the candidate is admitted."

He tilted back on the rest of his chair, laying his arms on the armrests and panning his gaze towards the current members of the Academy.

"If that is satisfactory, I'd like to mentor both of the candidates I've brought forward."
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha seems interested in these ideas and looks to the candidates in question, as if to test their immediate reactions to this development.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

Ajax nods a friendly greeting to the black girl and sits back to politely listen to Ana, Max and Martha discuss his future. He tries to keep his expression blank but some of his thoughts betray him, his face looking determined and yet pensive at the same time as if the large Savage might be capable of intelligent thought.

"I would require a mentor."

He didn't want to assume that Martha would stand for him, if she did it would be her decision. Ajax, despite what some people thought, didn't like making people do things. He would trust that Martha or one of the others would understand the desire to change and evolve that had brought him to this place and give him a chance.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max nods to the others as they are introduced, pausing as he gets to Anasztaz.* Yes, I am familiar with Mr Veres' work. Please forgive me for not giving you due credit when meeting you in public, Mr Veres'; given your recent arrival to Sacramento and the subject of your research, I thought you might wish to remain anonymous..

*Max is silent for a moment, thinking over his experiences with the Dragons in Sacramento.* I don't believe we have welcomed anyone into the Ordo during my time here in Sacramento, at least not anything that required any fanfare. Shadow would do the interview and put the membership up for an up or down vote...

To be honest, it was a process that always bothered me. In my previous city of residence, things were much more draconian, if you'll pardon the pun. A series of cognitive test as well as personality test, a healthy dose of logic problems as well. It allowed the less desirable candidates to be weeded out, as well as give prospective mentors a scouting report on the new members. It also helped the new initiates to focus where they would find the most success within our order...

*Max grows quiet once again for a few moments before answering.* I believe I have a copy of the tests. If agreeable to all, I would not be against administering them here. I remember the results being a bit of a party game. For those that passed, of course...

Amelita leaned back, her eyebrows twitching at Max's suggestion. She turned to Anasztaz, arms folded before clearing her throat and looking to scarecrow man.

"So like a career test, SAT kinda thing?"

Amelita remembered going to high school not all that long ago and the lacklustre grades. Then again, casting her mind back a mere five years showed her an eerily different person. Perhaps this would be a good chance to reflect.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"You did no harm or insult to me, Mr. Heinz. Your apologies are well meant but unnecessary, I appreciate them nonetheless." Anasztaz says, nodding thankfully towards Max.

"I did not wish any public recognition, my work for the Ordo was merely a contribution like any other. I just had the fortune it had some permanence during my sleep."

Again he turns towards the candidates.

"But I do agree that admitting members blindly is a disservice to our organization, and any suggestion that helps avoid that situation I wouldn't voice against. Please, bring your test forward."
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

I
    Irina

Josephine wondered exactly what the nature of Anasztaz's work had been. That would certainly be something to discuss with him at a later date; perhaps his research might have applications within her own. That would certainly be more than intriguing. At the prospect of a test, however, Josephine felt herself smiling internally. A test of intelligence?

Well, she was not one to brag, but she was pretty sure that if she'd been smart enough to be recognised in her position in an age where women were still considered in need of a man's help, she could damn well pass any IQ test the Ordo Dracul might set for her.

"That seems a perfectly fair way of weeding out the candidates," Josephine agreed. "I'd be happy to take the tests."

Player of the Month

So that's it. Fucking Standardized tests to hold the Gangrel down. I needed to change to over come the pull of the Beast on me, now they want me to take the fucking SAT? Why not just say "no Gangrel allowed" on the front door?

The Savage Priscus merely nods, his face betraying not betraying the emotion he was feeling. After all he always kinda looked rather surly.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods, but conscious of Clan Gangrel's reputation, she casts a swift and wary glance to Ajax...then a look to Max.

"Sir, it might be obvious, though I feel it is worth checking...but: these tests - are they simply a modification of existing SAT's and similar examinations? Or are they bespoke? Will we need to obtain additional resources to enable and facilitate the tests properly?"

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread