Ended
Watch

First Meetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was unsure too, but smiled and struggled to her feet. Offering a curtsey to Amelita and a gesture of welcome with beckoning hands. "Ah, Miss Cardoso...please do come in and join us! A joy to see you again!" hobbling over to encourage the sincere impression of a welcome, Martha gestures with friendly hands, to Dr Green, "This is Initiate Green...new to the Domain too! You find us talking about the very next steps of the Odro in this Domain, given the present - and hopefully only temporary - incapacity of our leader! Please..." she sneaks a brief glance to Amelita's shoes and jeans before continuing, "please do sit down! I can offer no refreshments, but you are very welcome! I am certain that the recommendation of Mr Veres is a strong advocacy for your membership!"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

5 Suxx to notice shoe attention.

"Hello, Keeper. Green."

Behind oversized dark glasses, Amelita's eyebrows rose a hitch as she noticed Martha inspecting her shoes. It was discomforting, a little weird, but then what wasn't? She steeled her Beast as its trick logic seeped into her consciousness. It passed as she took a seat next to Anasztaz. She removed her glasses and looked up at Martha.

"That's reassuring to hear. Mr Veres has been like a Sire to me since I discovered him at Avalon," she responded, favouring Anasztaz with a quick smirk.

"Keeper, you talk about the future of the Dragons. What about the past and the present? I know the purpose of the Ordo, but I'm not clear on what it's done in this town."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"An interesting question that I'd like to endorse. Mister Heinz mentioned very little communication was occurring at all, why so? And what about research?" Anasztaz asks, sitting back down and crossing his legs again.

He observed the subtle exchange of gazes with some interest. What had that been about? He couldn't figure it out, but he couldn't avoid drawing a short smirk that he tried to dispel immediately.

"I have been roaming the city trying to do some mapping of my own, but any knowledge of the known nests or lines would make things much, much simpler."

4 Successes on Body Language between Amelita and Chrisie
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

I
    Irina

Josephine stepped across the car park and paused at the front door to the chapter house, to study it from the outside for a moment. She had not been to a covenant meeting before so she didn't know exactly what to expect - though she could guess a little, based on meetings in general.

Considering that leaving wasn't an option, and dallying around was rather pointless, Josephine headed inside. Hearing voices ahead of her, she loitered in the doorway for a few seconds as she waited for a gap in conversation.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha remained friendly and welcoming of the questions and guests. Another happy gesture to invite people to sit, noting Dr Powell with a respectful nod, Martha blinked at the sudden arrival, but offered her a genuine smile to her.

Cheerfully beckoning Josephine inside to join the others. "Do join us, please, ma'am! I am Miss Martha Villiers, Slave of the Ordo, Keeper of the Domain. You are welcome if you come in peace and in a spirit of co-operation! I am sorry I did not get an opportunity to talk with you in depth at the Court, ma'am! We were just talking of current Ordo activity, ma'am. Remarking that our present leader, Mr Hartman, is currently indisposed and unable to, use his own words, guide us..." blinking at the aroma from Josephine, the potency of which seems to have deflected any immediate interest in Josephine's shoes.

Remaining standing herself, Martha nods to Amelita's question and the supporting statement and question by Anasztaz. She pauses a moment or three to gather her thoughts and then launches into an energetic precis of events and offer a digest of the situation as briefly as swiftly and briefly she can;

"Ah...well, to be honest...previous activity of the Ordo has, I understand, been blighted by mischance and violence in recent years from Kindred and, fantastical as it may seem, semi-reptilian aggressors and zombie creatures!" wide eyed surprise and expansive hand gestures to emphasise the mild bewilderment at her own words.

"There was, I believe, some ghastly unpleasantness at a former local Chapter House. The consequences of that assault on the Ordo and it's origins remain, albeit dimmed in intensity, today. I am attempting to understand more of this recent history of the Domain myself. When I learn more, I shall share!" a happy smile to Amelita. "What I do know is that there is a local tradition of little reliance upon titles and a gentle, more avuncular, style of leadership practised by Mr Hartman. Those who wish to make use of titles may do so, but there was not a mandatory reliance upon them. This was a style off address Mr Hartman inherited from Oracle, a previous Ordo leader locally who left the Domain within the last two years, and a style he perpetuated." another happy smile, a gentle rub at her lame hip.

"Current coordinated activity by the Ordo has been...shall I say...er...negligible. To the best of my knowledge, we have - collectively - done little. Though, as individuals, we have accomplished much and contributed similarly to the well-being of the Domain: either politically or as Kindred in our Requiems. That is to say - we have enjoyed advantages gained only from self created and initiated opportunities for independent study or activity without central coordination or co-operation or central collection of any research thesis. Indeed, that is, I hope, one of the purposes to meet tonight: to inspire a willingness to share our work - to work as a cohesive Chapter. In the spirit of willing co-operation, I hope you will tolerate my effort now to be transparent about one area of my own recent research." she fiddles for a moment with the strap of her satchel.

"I have, over several months, begun to attempt a cartographic endeavour - collecting, charting and attempting to synthesise knowledge of esoteric and archaeological sites within the Domain and it's immediate adjacent territory. The project is a long one and not without hazard. Some of the sites to study are remote or subject to physical decay and could present some measure of risk to Unlife and limb. I do not shrink from the risk, but I feel it only wise to face the risk with adequate preparations. The activity, details and conclusions are, naturally, incomplete at present. I shall be happy to share my research with you, Mr Veres, should you desire that. I should also, therefore, welcome expert assistance in the investigation."
    she makes her point wide, eagerly addressing any who seem interested in her outline of recent activity. "Other members of the Ordo have not yet elected to share with me their own projects. I make no condemnation of this. It simply reflects our present local culture - one I would hope we might have a consensus to modify to our collective advancement." as she finishes her outline of recent study and intentions, Martha offers a shy smile to all as a gesture of goodwill and her sincerity. "I would welcome opportunities to help with the research of others, and likewise receive assistance." Another eager smile and she hobbles back a few steps, as if to invite others now to talk.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"I am one to advocate for independent research, in fact I just did a few seconds ago, but..." Anasztaz says, changing his crossed leg, pausing momentarily on his speech as if he still was arranging his thoughts into proper order.

"What you have described is not in any way an Academy at all. At best it is a bunch of individuals who have made personal arrangements to share their own findings and held no general direction whatsoever, nor any notion of tradition or respect for proper protocols. In fact, it could be said that we were an organization in name alone."

His tone hadn't been particularly fiery, as much as loaded with disappointment. He gauges the general reaction of his comment before he follows it up.

"Nothing personal towards you, Miss Villiers. I thank you for your summary. But I just feel the vacuum of power precedes the unfortunate incident that landed Mr. Hartman in the long sleep."
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max parks his car, a little confused at the large number of cars assembled outside of the rarely used Chapter House. He had come to drop off a few books he had borrowed from the library, and perhaps borrow a few more; but it seems something big was in the works. He makes his way cautiously around the corner of the building, Auspex enhanced hearing picking up a few familiar voices from the conversations within. As they weren't shrieking in pain or horror, the then Mekhet figures it's safe to proceed.

He cradles the large stack of leather-bound tomes under one arm, using the other to jostle the door open.* I hope this isn't a surprise party. Because if it is, you're all dreadfully late... *He brinks the lines out as an amused joke, a slight grin on his thin lips. It was a good way to give his mind time to adjust to the sudden crush of so many Beasts, some of them new to him.*

M
    MyRib

"I'm sure I can be of use in these archaeological digs in terms of investigation should you wish." She says watching the others quietly as she discusses the politics. Watching them trying not to fight over it like rabid dogs.. Watching the new entries her eyes seem to bore into them for a moment she almost slinks back in her seat at one of them but she manages to wrestle her beast into calm after a moment and watches the others.. Or is she watching the empty doorway it's hard to tell.

Amelita felt the Beast's fear at Josephine's arrival. To her blood, its urges translated into an insidious faηade of logic, imitating her own feelings and character traits and forming an argument which made sense to her, but was at the same time something entirely removed from the human condition. The implication frightened her.

She reflected on the sensation as Anasztaz spoke. All the while, Amelita watched another stronger Beast - Jessica Green - gauging the character of the new arrival. Who was she and what was she doing here?

8 Suxx on 'What's Initiate Green's deal?'
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

M
    MyRib

It took a while for Jessica to notice that she was being stared at. She looks to the Mekhet quietly and nods to her politely. Now that her beast was pretty much under control.

Manip+Sub: 3 Sux

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread