Ended
Watch

Meeting of the Ordo Dracul (1810)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    L
    Lina Moretti

48 hour rule; we're blowing through time and we do have a few things to cover.

"Mr. Taft, while you ponder this final agreement, I will brief you all on our Covenant's recent successes. We have found an awareness of a place of power that our Covenant would find useful, in the basement of our organization's former Chapterhouse in Florin." A smile, avec dimple, to Aaron. "It is a perilous place, one that I say is not currently fit for residence; however, it is thoroughly worth securing for our use. These places, we call Fontal Nests. Their power can be used to augment our rituals and make easier the changes that we make to ourselves."

She looked to Cynthia, to Taft, knowing Aaron knew all of this.
    "You'll be pleased to know that we have acquired the Regency of Florin for our Covenant's purposes, to grow and protect. Our obligation is to deal with the Hunter threat in the area. What we gain, however, is opportunity - and for those who do well, Rack access in Florin is certainly a possibility. As a matter of course, Tenancy is on the table for Ordo Dracul members who contribute to our Covenant's works. We have resources that few others have. A common purpose that allows us to draw resources together to create a Chapterhouse. Chapter libraries that can be brought in to enhance our knowledge and help us to know this supernatural world better."

Glancing to each, she asked,
    "I will contribute to our Chapterhouse's structure, and to our libraries. How will you contribute to our shared excellence? And what would you like to see in such a place?"

Mechanically, Lina has contributed Size 1 to the Chapterhouse, and will be contributing a dot of Library shortly.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron listens as Lina continues. It might be too much to ask new members to immediately contribute to their Chapterhouse. That said, it would be a great way for them to show their devotion. And, of course, it would be to their own advantage.

'I will try to secure a good location for us. Depending on how I secure it, it will probably continuously require some time. Then we could definitely use your contributions to change the interior as we see fit,' he says to Lina.

He smiles then, 'Although, I will perform some... geomantic maintance on that interior. Eventually I'll want to contribute to the library as well, but I need to pull some strings to be able to get the right resources together. I have some plans, but it's not really something to buy off the internet or anything.' He softly chuckles, it's an unfortunate thing. Though all the better for the Masquerade. 'In the meantime I can align the right energies to the library you put together, to make it an ideal study environment.'

He looks at the two newcomers to explain himself further, 'This taps into several ancient practices that the Dragons have perfected. It's been a while since I did it, but in the right space, it'll be worth the effort. I'll explain it further as soon as we have something.'

Aaron also contributed Size 1, and Geomantic Nexus Potency (Intelligence) 1

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded along, surprised by the amount of headway they had made. More so for a Covenant that had until a few months ago been reduced to a non-entity.

"I'm not sure what we could contribute to the chapter house itself or what it could use." The goth admitted to the two. She glanced at Laurence, who for the moment was silence before she continued. "But the two of us have been making some headway in finding strange things and locations around the city. I heard long before joining that the order had an interest in theses sorts of things so I think we can make some use of them somehow." She explained. There was the temptation to hold this information close to the chest, but anything that would assist the Dragons would help the two newcomers to the Ordo as far as she was concerned.

There was a pause as she considered broaching the subject. "Also a bit curious about the process of getting a mentor." She inquired the Grand Wyrm with a hint of hesitation.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"Ms. Weiss, your contributions to the Chapterhouse's size would be helpful, as would any other sort of literature you could procure for the Chapter library. After that, I think people attending to improving security features would be helpful. With Supplicant van Valen providing geomantic support, I have no doubt we'll find ourselves very able to accomplish our objectives."

She grinned at the Nosferatu, obviously pleased at the fact that her and Taft had been proactive.

"You've found a magical site, have you? Well now. Perhaps we ought to take a look as a group and see what there is to see. You got time in the near future?"

Finally, she addressed the issue of mentorship.

"Mentorship is most often easily assigned between a trainee and folks who have been working on the elements of the Great Work that the trainee wishes to work on. So. I suppose it depends - what do you wish to work on? Overcoming the banes of our existence, fire and sunlight? Controlling your hunger? Overcoming the toll the Beast takes on the man? Controlling the Beast, as I did at the park? Taking on the mysteries of torpor? For there is research into every strike against us by God from this Curse. You need only decide which way you want to go."

C
    Cross

Lawrence Taft excuses himself, citing a call. Deltaomega - you're up. Dark Passenger will be back asap.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Strange things and locations?

Aaron almost jumps up from his seat, but holds himself down. His interest is... piqued.

'We have to go there, yes. How is it "strange"?'
    The geomancer has not been able to find much of interest during his time in Sacramento - with some exceptions here and there. Such locations are more often places you accidentally stumble upon. Deduction can only get one so far. If Cynthia had found something unusual, the Ordo Dracul had to secure it.

He believes that the topic is too soon changed to mentorship. Also important, but, yeah.

'Exactly. And you don't have to choose now. I don't mind teaching you about our base Covenant structure first. Introduce you to some of our practices and our history. I think you need to have the right tools to make a decision before actually dedicating yourself to one path. You can then choose a mentor. Unless you already have a preference?'

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'That being said, I have an announcement to make.' It seems like Aaron just made up his mind about the matter.

'I'm afraid now is not the time for me to help with the Chapter House. I will be leaving for some inter-Domain business. Some old allies I have need help with a paranormal investigation. They contacted me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave so soon.'

A somewhat apologetic expression appears.

'But the matter is urgent, and a lot is at stake. I had to weigh local values against the grander scheme of things. My decision has fallen on the latter. If all goes well, I should return a wiser and perhaps richer man. However, I cannot say how long it will take.' With that the Lord rises from his seat. He turns to his friend, 'Lina, I'll contact you on the road concerning some... administrative matters.'

'Good evening.'

Sorry folks.
    Aaron exit

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Oh, god. Her unnecessary breath caught. It was so sudden. They had such a good thing going...

"Aaron --"

She checked herself. This was their duty. This was what they were here to do. Help the Covenant. Embrace the Great Work, wherever it took them. There was only room for emotion later.

"Supplicant van Valen."

She stood and offered him a hand to shake, even as she squashed the urge to cry. The awful loneliness of their condition gnawed where, for a time, it had been banished.

"Don't be a stranger. I'll start drafting up observations from the Chapterhouse for you to review on the road. We've got a paper to write when you get back."

Brave words, behind a brave face, but inside, she was cut. For the first time in her Requiem, she had met a Kindred she almost trusted. But such a thing was a luxury.

"And I will see you back, soon."

As he departed, her eyes fell on Cynthia.

"Slave Weiss, I will be your mentor. How would you like to learn about that Beast of yours...?"

With two of the players in this scene retired, I think it's safe to close this. DS, when you'd like to start a new scene, let me know!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.