Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

View Poll Results: What edition of Mage Armor?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's convert so that all Mage Armor is 2nd Edition.

7 70.00%
  • Let's not complicate things and only use 1st edition, RAW mage armor.

3 30.00%

Former ST Rollup

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

Damn. I'm not going to get duel now...
    Not with that defeatist attitude you aint, yumyumcrow!
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

So, the other day, Ben-ji asked the STs an intriguing question: What if we could explore virtues and vices in glimpses, and thus speed willpower recover and continue to delve into the depths of our characters?

I thought this was an amazing question, and as such, MAGE: the Awakening will be test driving Virtue and Vice glimpses...

This is the preliminary announcement! More info to come soon!

So! Virtue and Vice are both based around RISK. The basic premise is that your virtue and vice are motivators that will help guide/inspire your characters. Also, they're set up so that STs can tempt characters, or otherwise put interesting story choices before them. However, in all my time on the site, I've found that it is quite difficult to actually TRIGGER your virtue or vice, as the ST is trying to track 15+ people in addition to you.

But, with a virtue/vice glimpse, it'll be very possible to trigger them, thus getting the benefits, as well as having explored some cool stories.

Now, as I mentioned above, virtue/vice necessitates risk. Here are my thoughts on the mechanics of representing that.

When fulfilling virtue or vice, your glimpse can cost you:
    Degen Rolls
    Damge
    Mana
    Paradox
    OR
    Merit Dots (temporarily suspend a merit. Resources=tapped out. Allies are unavailable. Retainer unavailable, status temporarily suspended, etc).

Note, that this HAS to be a cost. So you couldn't choose damage and then just heal it with life 2. That's not a cost.

Also! The cost has to be reflected in the story. You can't just randomly choose a cost, the cost MUST be associated with the virtue/vice story you chose.

Example:
    Charity (Helping a homeless family) = Resources
    Lust (seducing a married ally) = Allies
    Wrath (starting a bar fight) = Damage
    Justice (killing someone) = Degen Roll

Thoughts and questions?

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Whisper, liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

For the more fluid costs like Damage, Mana and Paradox, what's the value? One bashing for a month because you're getting into a lot of bar fights for Wrath? -1 mana for a month because you're running around healing people with Life for Charity? +1 on dox pools for a month because you're relying on some vulgar spells to steal from people so you can feed your Greed?
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

7. Likes Xander, Cayce liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

I echo Benji's sentiment. What's the cost/benefit analysis here?

So, for now, this is what I'm gonna say.

VICE Fulfillment:
    Will be a one for one exchange. 1 WP for:
    1 Degen Roll
    1 Lethal Damge
    3 Mana (equivalent of 1 Lethal)
    1 Paradox (Havoc)
    OR
    1 Merit Dot (temporarily reduce a merit by 1 dot).

Virtue will be ALL your WP:
    1 Degen Roll
    3 lethal
    6 Mana (yes, it's a lot).
    1 Paradox (Anomaly)
    OR
    Temporarily suspend a Merit (temporarily reduce a merit. Resources=tapped out. Allies are unavailable. Retainer unavailable, status temporarily suspended, etc).

10. Likes , Benji liked this post

Hello all,

I believe in transparency. This way, if any believes I am out of line, a conversation can be had and everyone will be equally informed. This is an official ST ruling. For details, see below:

The Warlock's mustache twitched from side to side as he recalled his motives. Taking another sip from his Bloody Mary, he savored the spicy taste. "I was coming here to meet with two associates. One was the chief librarian, and the other was a well respected judge. Then, well, things got complicated." He paused and sipped. "I had met both of them, on separate occasions at different conventions, years ago. Tiffany was a special one. She jokingly said she was stuck in the past," he chuckled. "Sharp as a knife and magnificently polite." He smiled at the memory. "The Judge, he went by the initials A.Q., not sure why, but that's how he went about. Humble, respectable man with a family. Very rare in our line of work. Carried a lot of keys that opened many doors."
    Samael entered play in 2018.

He has NEVER met Tyria Primoria OR Aquinas (two important NPCs), as both NPCs left active play by 2016. Furthermore, in Samael's post, he blatantly names their Legacies, which is essentially SUPER SEKRIT information that neither mage would share with anyone without a good reason.

Tyria, in particular, would NEVER tell anyone her legacy if that person was not in her Order (which Samael is not).

So, essentially, this is knoweldge that he LITERALLY cannot have, and none of this was discussed in his backstory. In other words, none of this has been approved.

This is metagaming, and this is breaking the rules.

So, because he's messing with the Universe, the Universe will mess with him back. His actions are going to summon an Abyssal Manifestation. This is an IC/Story thing that, while BAD for Samael, is not mechanical punishment. He's not banned, he's not losing XP, ect, but because he is trying to cheat in a vulgar way, the setting will react in an equally vulgar fashion.

Any questions or comments?

12. Likes liked this post
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread