Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Open) Vacancies

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander followed further into the corridors, clearing the entrance to the house, accompanied by the Shadowsoul and the human-shaped rabbit, who apparently knew each other from before Sacramento. The goth Fairest keeps interesting company, to be sure. Alexander'd have to ask him about it someday.

"A motley, you say? Interesting, seems like our community in Sacramento is about to grow. I hope we will be able to meet all of you in the near future, but oh, excuse me, I didn't catch your name." He chuckled softly, trying to be as easy-going as humanely possibe. Judging by the rising temperature, the man was also a Summer.

"Unfortunately, I can't stay. Rented an apartment in another part of town, you are most welcome to visit anytime you want." The address was in a middle-income white-collar neighborhood. "I can't say I'm happy with the arrangement, but if the word got around that the mayor's staffer lives in a boarding house with a bunch of other people and a murder story to it, someone will get curious. And the last thing we need is people poking around our things."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Lucian and this Rabbit-kin knew each other. The usually thread of suspicion loosened, not gone completely. because automatic trust wasn't something that the Queen of Fear was capable of anymore. "It's great that you two know each other, but it'd be great to have something to call you..." fell-flames flicker at the Summer Rabbit.

Nodding as they continued down the hall at the man's story, "Prudent." A speedy scout, a paranoid Motley...they'd had refugees come in from San Fran last Winter...apparently those troubles are far from other. Mhairi wondered just how many Lost they'd seen come through in the months to come that had once lived in San Francisco.

What she knew for certain was she needed to have a long talk with the Autumns that had come with the rest of the refugees.

Mhairi frowned.

She didn't trust the spy. Even with his Pledge to L'aire. There was just something about the smooth skinned darkling that didn't quite sit right with the Dread Queen. Whatever it wasn't like she was alone with him. With a forced smile she tries for cheer.

"Well, if you want a tour for your Motley, that I can give you. Sacramento seems to be a hot spot for a lot of people from San Francisco...last Winter, we got a fair number of...all the Courts. It was...unusual." that was better then saying it was weird, right?

Whatever, Mhairi smiled and resumed her trek to the kitchen. Drinks and snacks, coming right up.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    The Bunny
    Artemis

MASK: Tousled red hair, pale skin and freckles. Mussed with dirt. Art often wares a coat and has a habit of going barefoot.

MEIN: A human sized, anthropromorphic rabbit creature. He has classic rabbit shaped feet, hence why he goes unshod as often as possible.
    Artemis Pledges

Artemis Pledges

PRE

Art followed behind, closing the front door securely behind him. Liquid dark eyes tracked the other Lost.

"Yes... The motley is, ah, OK I guess." He continued with Lucian as they walked down the hall.

Once they were in a more accommodating space, he turned to the Mirrorskin Woland Alexander Brown . "Yes. Yes. They'll be arriving soon. Hope we can bunk here till we can find a place of our own. We are... down on our luck. And trying somewhere new." Unschooled, the hope oozed from his voice.

"Its, Art... Artemis. My name now. I'm of the Crimson and... So are you." Art looked the Darkling up and down, then awkwardly thrust out his hand. "Oh. Manners! I sometimes forget them. My motley has another Crimson Courtier... And then there is Eris who got herself involved in the Dusk business. We are going to have to talk soon. Anyway. Yes! Wow... You... You have a job?"

Finally, tracking Mhairi, if not following her: "Uh. Yes. Its - ah! - getting worse." He was frowning again.
    The Calm March Hare
    ARTEMIS Beast: Runnerswift
    | Summer Mantle 2 (A sense of rising heat, with hints of forest humous and leaf litter)
    Fast Reflexes| Fleet of Foot 1

5. Likes Origins, liked this post
    L
    Lucian

Lucian let his head tilt as he watched Art -- Artemis there introduce himself. He knew that sound. His tongue slithered against his canines. But it was that attempt at a handshake, like someone had hit a buzzer and we're off to the races. Now, how'd I manage to forget this little guy ...

Mhairi had seemed strange about it all though. When he'd met her, she'd seemed so at ease. Maybe it had been Sera's voice, cutting the edge. Maybe it's just Elementals. But now he watched a frown get rough mold pressed into a smile. As she moved for the kitchen he bent himself, hips trailing forward first but head tilting back to ask Artemis, picking up his voice as needed as he drifted, "Hey, Art -- Is Pan still trying to give Lulu that nasty-ass chew toy of his?"

Lulu, the poodle True-hag Searce Lucian had gotten to have yip in his ear every, fucking, second since he'd fallen out of the thorns. Her bark really wasn't that bad, it could be cute if she could stop being a twat for three seconds. It really was the bite that got ya. Why Pan wanted to jump into her junkyard so badly was a mystery to Lucian.

He followed into the kitchen, lowering his voice once there with her, "Feel like I should help. Ya know, now that it's not just me, and I've got rent to work for," he clarified with a smile. "You should feel free to bring me anything you like." Maybe she was just freaked out by so many strangers. It's true, she didn't actually know him. But they were going to be roommates. He smirked, leaning in to say even softer, "So, who do you think is going to steal my shit first? The bum or the politician?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan secured her bicycle in the shed, having finished another job today. While she preferred to run for her deliveries, sometimes a bicycle was a better option for courier work. As the sweaty Paladin entered by the back door, she unzipped the new leather jacket to give herself some air, the blue tank top beneath was very clingy with sweat. Paranoid maybe but Morgan was more worried about injuries and protection since the...accident at Sal's. She'd even made an online order for armor that she expected in a couple of days.

Entering the kitchen, she was surprised at the new folks present. Well, newer aside from the one unknown. A small part in the back of her head was glad her tank was neoprene and not see through cotton, "More noobs Mhairi? Heh, be a, heh, moment," she held up her left hand to give a little wave hello as she headed to the fridge. One hand opened the fridge while the other started to unclick her bicycle helmet. She grabbed a water bottle and chugged half of it down before she'd even closed the fridge. She turned back to her Queen with a nod, "Sorry, twas parched. We've new folks arriving? Salutations then to all of thee," she smiles and waves hello, "welcome if ye be friends." She leaned against the counter, still winded from work. "I'll talk more after I spell, heh, to recuperate."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"This is the right place for that." Mhairi tells the Rabbit-kin, her fell-flames flickering as she nods quite seriously.

Two Summers in a Motley seems understandable, but one of the Glacial Axe...Mhairi's eyebrows climb passed her bags.

"Yeah...lots of us here have jobs." thinking of L'aire, and looking at the mirrorskin, "Some of us have impressive ones."

Mhairi swallowed, fell-flames flickering with worry. She was afraid for the Refugees, and those that were still in San Francisco, and she was scared that whatever was happening would spilling into Sacramento.

"Thanks!" Mhairi chirps as Lucian as he offers to help. "Cup are in that cupboard, could you grab 'em, and maybe get some water or soda or something?" the wisp's off to the fridge to crab some cold cuts, so she could try her hand at quick sandwiches. If she cuts them into tiny triangles then there'd be more and it would be a little more snack like and fancy.

Mhairi snorts at Lucian's whispered quip, "The politician, for sure." she whispers back.

"Hey Morgan, and yep. More newbies. And there's some more waiting in the wings. This guy here, is trying to see if we're a good fit for him and his Motley." Mhairi nods, accepting Morgan's water needs and her explanation. "When you get a moment could you cut up the sandwiches? Or would you wanna build 'em so I could cut 'em?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    L
    Lucian

"Totes," he said, both to her retort and directions. He went to said cupboard and pulled out enough glasses for everyone. Morgan seemed to have her needs locked down, but he still took out a glass in case she wanted to switch from the water bottle. "Hey there, crazy day?" He asked as she took a breather. Between her and Artemis it was a regular petting zoo in here.

He filled three of the glasses with water and the fourth with a can of generic Cola for himself. He figured it was a safe bet without any requests, if they wanted something else they could replace it on their own. He would ferry them over to where Mhairi was setting up the sandwiches and then go back to leaning on the counter as he enjoyed the fizzy sugar water.

"Yeah, speaking of jobs. Alexander, not to blow up your spot or anything, but how'd you land a cushy position like that?" He asked as he went on a hunt for a knife, bringing it over to the table for said sandwich cutting, whenever it would happen. "I mean, do you like it there? I can see its benefits, but there's got to be crazy pressure. Ya know, on top of everything else we get to deal with." He wasn't going to call anyone on a desire, if the Mirrorskin actually enjoyed politics, but 'ling politics could be a headache enough.

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander grabbed some water for himself and sipped. The temperature didn't really bother him that much, but it was still nice of the hostess to organize refreshments. He's made a mental note not to cross the Autumn Queen without a really good reason. "Don't get on the bad side of someone good enough at organizing things to make you feel at home in a place you've never been before"

Then the sweaty raccon-girl entered, easy-going as always. She was casually greeted by Alexander, before he turned to the rabbit and answered the non-question.

"Yes, I managed to find myself a steady source of income" A smile no.5., of the "let's just get along" variety. "Although I wouldn't call it impressive" that was to Mhairi, obviously.

"It's not like you can see me on TV or anything, and we are not exactly going golfing with the boss every Sunday. As for the pressure, you know what they say - choose a job you love and you won't work a day in your life. I was lucky enough to fill an empty position at HR: keep tabs on the city employees, work out connections, potential clashes, the works. Fascinating stuff, really, and you wouldn't believe how relaxing it can be." Then he lowered his voice to a whisper everyone could hear, like he was parting with a secret and said:

"You want to know how I got it? I cheated, obviously. Some research into the interviewer and it turned out exactly what flowers she likes and that her email account password is her birth date. Then I read the job interview questions. Easy as pie."
    He was really proud of that exploit, but the career paths of other 'lings here are bound to be no less interesting.
    "What about you, Lucian? Or any of you, really? I don't mean to pry, but have you ever considered yourselves working again? Having a slice of the old life back?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gulped down the entire bottle before she shook her head yes to Mhairi, "Okay Mhairi. Right, knife work tis mine heh today gots it." And ditched the rather heavy jacket onto a chair by the table. Neoprene tank top was fortunately not see through, despite the sweat. She also looked at the rabbit guy, "Oh. Heh, we welcome all sorts to town. Guessing Mhairi hath explained a bit of aught to ye already. Long as ye play well with others, nary foresee troubles heh here," Morgan shrugged as she got a cutting knife from the correct drawer.

And spun the blade easily in her hand as she answered Lucian, "Nay Lucian. Courier on bicycle, heh, so much exertion tis needed." She walked over to help Mhairi as asked before adding, "Tis better for heh heavy packages then pakrour, downhill tis less strain."

Morgan laughed as Alexander admitted to cheating, "Gooder move Alexander, heh. Heh hope ye nary hath to deal with legal types much. They art waaaaay to heh high strung about their packages and clients if ye ask me." When a lawyer used a courier instead of email, that meant the information was very sensitive so their concern should make sense to most people. Morgan just didn't get it.

Which was funny given that lawyers accounted for the majority of her employers.

14. Likes liked this post
    The Bunny
    Artemis

MASK: Tousled red hair, pale skin and freckles. Mussed with dirt. Art often wares a coat and has a habit of going barefoot.

MEIN: A human sized, anthropromorphic rabbit creature. He has classic rabbit shaped feet, hence why he goes unshod as often as possible.
    Artemis Pledges

Artemis Pledges

PRE

"Clever. Very clever. Good job." Art sounded impressed.

Head tilting he considered the Darkling's question. "The old life? Oh man! Ah... My old life was in the past... Everything has changed now. I don't even think my old way of life exists anymore." His face hardened for a second. "Why wouldn't I want my old life back? But its gone. No use crying over it. And its not without its... compensations..."

Like a motley.

"Work again? No idea. I don't exist - how can I have a job? Besides... I... Hustle the street. Small change but its something and the street tells you stories. So I know where and when to be, if you know what I mean."

His face was still dark but the flash in his eyes and the flicker in his mantle spoke volumes.
    The Calm March Hare
    ARTEMIS Beast: Runnerswift
    | Summer Mantle 2 (A sense of rising heat, with hints of forest humous and leaf litter)
    Fast Reflexes| Fleet of Foot 1

16. Likes Origins, liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.