Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1703) Gallery Formal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    D
    Dominic Ashton

The apparent calm and grace that Bea had just displayed was a pleasant surprise. No doubt she was fuming under the veneer of civility, but Dominic was happy that she had kept her composure.

His fleeting approval is disrupted by several new arrivals and the corresponding gnashing of the Beast. Maybe all the "art" was antagonizing the thing, more than usual, but after a few seconds the torrent of emotions subsided.

One face in particular stood out. Isaiah Wright? I didn't think vampires liked philanthropists. Of course public image wasn't everything. Dominic knew plenty of people living and undead who just liked the PR that came from charity galas and masturbatory charitable giving.

Then out of the corner of his eye Dominic felt himself being drawn to a couple. The Archon was difficult to ignore, but with the Prince it was impossible.

For a moment he considered letting the opportunity pass. It was rude to disturb a Prince after all, but they were cousins by blood, and Asa was the only Ventrue elder that Dominic knew of in Sacramento. Keeping out of the crowd, he approached Asa and Twist stopping a few feet away before dropping into a deep bow to the Prince. "Your Grace." And then a second bow to Twist. "Your Grace."

Rising up and turning to face the Prince. "Please forgive my intrusion, but I wanted to make a formal introduction before the night begins in earnest." There is a brief pause as Dominic rummaged through his memory for proper naming etiquette. "I am Dominic Ashton, childe of Rebecca of the Adrestoi, formerly of Chicago and here by way of Denver." Another pause and a gesture to Alice. "Seneschal Hart oversaw my acknowledgement in February. Your Domain is most impressive Your Grace." It had been a long time since he'd had to be so formal, and there is a subtle sense of discomfort from having to name his own lineage like some prized animal. Still, they said it bored the Beast. No doubt the ones hiding behind the masks in front of Dominic were true monsters.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-07 15:20:50 Dominic Ashton rolls 7 to Recognizing Isaiah (Wits 3+Comp 3+Fame 1) (10 Again) 8, 5, 6, 1, 1, 5, 7 1 success

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The smile that crept across her face showed that Twist knew all too well how terrible she was and had no qualms about it.

She wrinkled her nose, her smile twisting at the question. "I believe we own a piece that would be more recent than..." she waved a hand dismissively toward the center of the room. It was a small piece that she referred too, not a picture but rather a small container filled with a handful or two of fine gray ash.

Her hand dropped slowly as Asa talked over her? From elsewhere in the room? Catching on quickly enough with a look, she watched the conversation unfold before answering Asa. The nod of affirmation to his question turning her stance back to face him.

"I did. The conversation was interesting. I was not expecting it to involve certain topics. Had I been told in advance- I would have laughed," she pauses and then grins, "I did laugh."

"It will be interesting to see how the domain progresses with her as Seneschal I think.
    She mused quietly considering Alice and the last few kindred who had held the vaunted position.

Following Asa 's cue on whether to continue their slow meandering or come to a stop as Dominic Ashton approached, she let her eyes wander to take in his appearance. If her Beast used the visual evaluation to project images of tearing each newly scanned portion of his body to shreds, she didn't let it show through force of will.

Accepting the greeting with a slight lowering of her head she remained quiet. Anderstoi? She wondered if that was a bloodline since he didn't offer a clan affiliation. Nor a covenant either. She wondered if it was because he had none or if the omission was deliberate given his smooth recitation of his history.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes West, , White liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"Night seems to be going swell, got nothing that would say otherwise. Had yourself some fun with your science?" Jesse replied to Jacob with a grin, saying 'science' like some might be when talking about voodoo. Did go and glance between Alessandra and Jacob since the matter of the evidence came up.

Still had to go take a gander at the 301 territory, too. Reeve's probably just busy.

Jesse might have gone applauded Bea not rising to no bait, but that would be kind of crass. He also was a little distracted by Alice's impression of their Prince. Fancy trick, that. Might go be useful in some events.

Seeing newcomers from the corner of his eyes, Jesse glanced over — his Beast giving the usual hissing fit within his mind at the two Beasts entering the Court. First fella was a stranger, the second made Jesse roll his eyes and look away again.

He had enough Stax dealings for this lifetime.

"Been a while, Madame Reeve," he agreed, deciding to ignore Stax. Guy probably had been invited here. "Can't go and complain any about how I've been doing. Sacramento's keeping me mighty busy." He chuckled. "Wouldn't have it any other way. Ain't one for boredom. Having yourself busy nights?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice knew she painted Bea into a corner. The Daeva couldn't do anything but give the strained, polite words she had, well she could have continued to be rude and belligerent, but that meant Death, and Alice knew that the survival instinct of kindred was something imminence in it's strength.

Alice hears the Daeva's steady treads move away, and the pathetic press of her Beast following the sound.

Alice wondered what the Daeva's next move would be.

Hearing a growing familiar cadence, Alice gives a too-wide-too-fake smile, "Always a pleasure Mister Jones. My evening's fared well." to reply with anything else would be bad, and undercut the statement she just made. "Cigarette?" Alice asks, confused as to why the Shadows were speaking about information about a cigarette. The Wraith tugs once more. Twisting, it's fangs bared at the presence of new, hapless creatures. High off the social victory over the rude Daeva, it's hissing was harder to resist. The Haunt wanted to prove herself, continue to show her strength, and ending mewling things would prove without a doubt she was stronger then them.

Alice didn't give in, she continued to smile her fake smile and listened to the conversations that flower around her.

Ale's soft words cause Alice to nod. "Mister Strax was is? I haven't spoken with him yet, and I don't know if His or Her Grace have spoken with him either." Alice knows, that she's who normally stands between the Prince and the masses, after quietly asking Ale for a description of the man, Alice has Lyssa help navigate her to the right mewling monster in question. "Good evening, Mister Strax. I am Seneschal Hart, have you been enjoying your time in Sacramento?"

Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian had a little wardrobe malfunction with the dress she'd originally planned to wear. But, when in doubt, pull out a trusty red dress! Complete with long black opera gloves, the Daeva made her way to the transformed Nox that evening.

One thing she appreciated is how miraculously that the nightclub could transform. It was such a versatile building, particularly for vamperic needs. She wondered if the Prince planned it that way. The thoughts that crossed her mind while descending the stairs, were those she gave heavy focus too to bar the Beast from sneaking up and doing the unknown to some possibly new or newer Kindred.

As she completed the stairs, she paused to bow to Twist and Asa first. Then a smile and wave to Ale and Alice along with a small pause to see if either needed her immediately. Though, she held no honorific for the Domain, she wanted to be at the ready to help either of her Coterie mates.

I
    Isaiah

Isaiah was listening conversations when he noticed his cousin by blood, if the introduction was anything to go by, introduce himself to the Prince. So that’s the prince good to know.

With that Isiah wandered at a measured pace to introduce himself and seek acknowledgement He came to stop close enough to be noticed but far enough away to be considered respectful. After Dominic finishes he bows low and gracefully to the prince and his companion, and a third less deep bow to Dominic. “Please forgive my intrusion, but I too seek to make a formal introduction as I am new to this fantastic domain and do not wish to over burden Your Grace with too many introductions as the night is only so long.” He gave his most charming smile before continuing.

“I am Isaiah Hyrst-Wright, Of the Clan Ventrue and a member in good standing of the Invictus of Vancouver, owner of Hyrst-Wright Media, childe of Marcus of The Hawthorne’s, formerly of and here by way of Vancouver. I must agree with Mister Ashton, you command a truly impressive Domain, Your Grace.”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening, Mr. Ashton," Asa answered. He inspected his cousin visually, also noting the lack of affiliation.

Unlike Twist, he knew the Stalwarts. His years in New York had found himself in the company of them on any number of occasions, sometimes witnessing their Hunts. One of the youngest Lines he knew of, and just beginning to spread when he'd left Sacramento.

It said interesting things about Dominic Ashton.

"And I thank you. If the Seneschal welcomed you because of my absence, I apologize. How was Chicago when you left it?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

10. Likes liked this post

"Not to much to say, we can discuss it over the phone if you'd like." Other than the name, and some conjecture, there wasn't much to add.

"Always,"
    he gave Jesse a wicked grin. "The streets are getting riled up, so we're trying to calm them down. It's related to the investigation." He offered the simple explanation to Alice. He didn't know anything about this Strax character, so he wouldn't get involved.

"How are things going on your end?" He raised an eyebrow to the Reeve and Jesse.

D
    Dominic Ashton

The arrival of another cousin almost drew Dominic's attention, but when the Prince ignores him Dominic takes note. Whether it was a flawed introduction or simply that the Prince didn't like being swarmed by neonates it didn't bode well for Isaiah. And so Dominic's eyes flickered to him for a fraction of a second and then returned to Asa. Perhaps they would speak later.

"Chicago has become,"
    There is a sigh. "overly concerned with matters of Sanctified doctrine in recent years. The population is booming, and I love it dearly, but it has lost the former je ne saia quoi it held under the Invictus." There is emphasis in his following words. "And I say that as a member of the Carthian Movement." In truth as Maxwell began to lose power Chicago began a downward trajectory. With the zealots taking over it simply gave things a religious flavor. Still, Dominic held some love for his home despite it's fall from, or perhaps to, grace.

"I began a journey to find a new city to establish myself, and have found your domain to be most hospitable. The diversity in your officers and the Prisci was a welcome surprise when I spoke with Seneschal Hart."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The lean Ventrue watches the pair of women as they approach with a mix of sullen curiosity and apprehension. When the Seneschal makes her introduction, Stax assumes an attentive posture and his face assumes a pleasant mask (not that Alice could see it). He slips his hands from his pockets and places them behind his back where they unclench and relax - an action that betrays the relief from the relentless pressure of the Court.

Alice, at least, senses the shift in Marvyn Stax's Beast in the presence of her Obfuscation.

"Good evening Seneschal Hart... I see you know of me already. I take it you have been appraised of my... particular... situation?"

A pause. A shift on his feet, easily deduced by the Haunt Seneschal.

"Yes. For the most part. I have only recently completed my move from the Bay. I thought it best that I ensure I had Acknowledgement. Is that your role, may I ask? Or perhaps you could direct me to the Succubus Priscus?"

Smooth as silk. The player let his voice gently trail off while he waited for a reply.

He had mentioned nothing of why he had moved from the Bay.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread