Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1611) Sanctuary 3

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher sat munching on pumpkin bars as the talking continued. She had important business to attend to so she basked in the glow of the conversation around her as she went about her business stuffing herself.

Tuesday and Faye's interplay was rather amusing and she snickered when her mouth wasn't full. However, Campanella got a suspicious glance with slightly narrowed eyes. She thought to herself for a moment as she assessed the situation.

Campanella was kind of a stuck up prick to everyone, but suddenly changed when the cutie showed up. She hoped it was just cause he had a thing for Faye specifically and not just cause she was like half his age and the cutest mage in the city at the moment, that would just be creepy. She wanted to believe the best of him, that he was just a dick in general to everyone else. But potential pairing ups or unrequited affections could always be interesting and she resolved to keep an eye on the pair of them.

"But inflicting the pain is half the fun of paintball!" Fisher chirped with disappointment. "Could go big with huge slingshots, but we could also just sling paintballs with small ones too. Water balloons with whipped cream or shaving cream? That would be fun with big ones!"

Star was making a point, he was being all rational and logical, just when fisher was starting to want something fun. In the end she admitted to herself that he was right it would have to be another day. Not enough spontaneous mages around here to just strip and start pelting each other with paint...that would leave some cool battle scars.

"Awww, so naked paint ball is out?" she inquired with mock disappointment and then continued in a fake pout. "No taking pleasure from watching others roll around in pain."

She wondered how many people would realize she was trying to be funny and didn't expect anyone to really take interest in her suggestion.

However, with the change in conversation to gossip and stories she looked around and saw Tuesday laying down again, with Star making himself a pillow. Fisher skooched over to Tuesday and laid down right next to her, got all cuddly, and then rested her head on the other woman's tummy. She looked up at everyone else gathered around to take in the story telling once she was comfy.

"Aaaahhhhhhh," she said with a contented sigh. "Tuesdays are quite comfy!"

"I thought he was a little absent lately, I was disappointed to loose my little minion. So I guess I'm all by myself again,"
    she with a dejected sigh before turning her attention to Campanella and his question. "Nothing stops a person from setting up their own private lab, it is kind of expensive, but humans are social or communal animals so it isn't good to be alone. It can change a person."

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was brief disappointment as paintball or water balloon wars was put off until later.

“I actually haven’t tried paintball, so now I’m really curious. And come on, a little welt or scar never ruined someone’s life.” She says. Was she the only one who could care less about scars and wore the ones she had proudly? “I’ve always enjoyed rocking mine. But, hey, to each there own.” There was a smile this time.

“I think it’s going well.” And she thought it was. She really enjoyed the guys in her Cabal and thinks they mesh well. "But, I can't speak for the guys." she says with a shrug.

Gossip? She didn’t have any, and didn’t usually pay much attention to it. And she catches Tuesday focusing on her. “Hey, I don’t have any gossip!” she says with a shake of her head and a laugh, “I don’t usually pay enough attention to catch on to any going on anyways.” Wasn’t her business and she wasn’t usually a nosy Enchantress. "But know what? I could go for some girl time sometime. You know, just us girls, hanging out and all that. Hell, I'll even spring for some takeout cause you do not want me to cook." there was a laugh.

Well, shit. If people were going to lay down, she wasn’t going to stand with a skirt on. Not that she cared or was bashful. So she lowers herself to the ground her free hand holding the skirt in place as long legs tuck under herself.

She then nods as Fisher talks, “As someone who spent most of their life alone, it does start to wear on you after a while.” She then focuses on Campanella, “But you’re always welcome to come hangout with us. We can have coffee or something and just all hangout, a little socializing is always a good thing.” States the Enchantress with a grin. "Know what? You def should come hangout, never know, you might enjoy us!" she jokes with a lopsided smile.

4. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Star seems to take hold of the reigns of the conversation and he steers it away from the suggestion of lobbing paint balloons at each other. Another time then, though Truce is curious what sort of alchemic mixtures Campanella is contemplating for their game.

His mention of invitation and fellowship has Truce nervously looking between Faye and Strix. He's tempted to offer one to Campanella right then and there, but after bringing on Wayland and Strix perhaps it might be better to ask their opinions on it first.

Faye's answer is perhaps best for now. "Yes, we'd be glad to have you over," he agrees quickly. "Though I do feel bad about Brother Rat leaving you so suddenly."

Likely Campanella is more concerned about investing in a Sanctum than finding friends and pleasant company. He would have to wait until he has a word in private with his Cabal before offering more.

"As for gossip, did anyone do anything fun for Halloween?" he asks curiously. He wasn't exactly in the habit of dressing up himself, but it seemed as good a topic as any considering its recency.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

As pedantic and stiff as Campanella could come off, the Angel was half tempted to ask if was 'able'.

I Am Jack's Grammar Sensibilities.

"Yeah, I don't think so?"
    he added his voice to Strix' and Fisher's. "I mean, claiming Hallows was fuzzy math with cabals and whatever, but, that should be all clear now?"

It's definitely a question. Aimed at Truce . Look closely. Except it's not a question. It's a distraction, because Halloween.

"Well, whatever, whoever wants to coordinate?"
    That's another question. To everyone. It's a question with an answer, and that answer is that the Angel's not 'It'. Besides, he still liked launching eggs. Forget the balloons and paintballs. Egging is where it's at. But mostly it's having zero desire to herd cats. "I'll give you all the, you know, Awakened discount on premium surgical tubing."

The super comfy tubing. The might take a nap tubing.

"You just want people to get hurt because, like, you're the only Thyrsus now," he teased Fisher with the accusation. He glanced over at Faye. "And if you're curious? Imagine a frozen grape hitting you at three hundred feet per second. Threeeeee. Huuuuuundred. Feeeeeeet. Per second."

It might be odd knowledge for a Guardian to have... until one considered the military's tear gas paintballs. And other applications. But those are Top Secret.

"Did Wayland bounce with Brer Rat?"
    It's a fair question. "That's gonna totally make Fight Club Two a little... weird."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Hmm," Truce looks blankly between Strix and Star for a moment while the question hangs on the air. "Oh, oh yes, anyone should be able to establish their own Sanctum regardless of their Cabal affiliations." At least he thinks so.

At the question of Wayland's absence, he adds, "I don't think so. He's been around our Sanctum often enough. I think he just had other things to do today." He looks to Faye and Strix, curious if they'd heard anything from Wayland that might indicate otherwise.

9. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella breathed easier.

"That is good. Its something I can look to in the near future, then." Once he'd put some effort into the Mysterium holdings at the Circle. He bobbed his head in acknowledgement.

Onto other matters: "Yes. I did something for Halloween. The Reverence was hosting a party. I managed to obtain a ticket through connections. Quite enjoyable, in fact. I met Faye. And a few others."

The Moros left the last few words hanging, a question implicit in the silence.

"As to whether Faye enjoyed my... attempt at dancing... Well, I suggest you ask her." He let his face settle into wry humour. "And yes... Perhaps I should spend some time with you and the Temoins from time to time. If nothing else its just checking in on each other. Its a good idea given the straits we find ourselves in." He was following a theme established at the Moros Path meeting. So why were his cheeks suddenly a little flush?
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

11. Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

"Well, as one of the guys, I think it's going well, too." Strix added his two cents to Faye's comment with a nod, thinking that they all seem to be doing well together. It had taken some food to lure them all together, but if that was the worst he considered it a pretty good experience so far.

From what he could tell, Truce and Wayland didn't look like they would be disagreeing with that either. At least, if Wayland was around to actually do so.

Hearing people ask about him didn't really come as much a surprise, Wayland was often enough found somewhere where fellow mages could be found. Strix didn't think that he left Sacramento as seemed the case with Brother Rat.

Halloween, yes. Strix was vaguely ashamed that he actually had completely forgotten about going out on the day, having stayed inside with his costume gathering dust inside his closet. It might find its use some other time, maybe next year. Or when they randomly decided that they wanted to make the next Consilium less formal a dress-code and have them all arrive in costume.

Pretty sure Truce would suffer a heart-attack if that happened.

When eyes turned to him for opinion about it, Strix gave a shrug. "Yeah, he's been around the Sanctum," he nodded, adding in way of explanation, "Maybe Wayland is busy with some project." Strix was thinking he might be trying to work out whatever he needed for the servitude construct they talked about in the Moros meeting, but it might be of a personal nature as well.

Strix watched Campanella as he spoke with Faye, lips twitching a little.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"If we're gonna go the whipped cream and shaving cream route, then we definitely need to get pies to lob. Or eat." Tuesday smirks, certain that she had a mustelid on board with the pie plan.

"Awwws. Poor Fisher. Can't ogle the other mammals." Tuesday snickers, "But hey. If we wait 'till another day then we can some cool war paint designs goin'!"

Then a Fisher joins the rest of Vee Tee on the ground. Sneakily the mustelid scooches closer, and closer until Tuesday's Fisher's own version of the comfy bag of medical tubing. "Thanks. I've eaten manya pumpkin bars to get this comfy." regretfully Tuesday foregoes the sage nod her comment requires, "It's hard work. And here Faye is. Making it so I can't continue those arduous efforts." The Unicorn tries to hold her serious face for as long as she can, it doesn't last, and she explodes into a fountain of giggles.

After her giggles drift into nothing, Tuesday hears girl time and take out, "Yep. It's a plan. Doing it."

Careful to not smack the Fisher using her as a pillow, Tuesday claps when Faye joins Vee Tee on the grass.

Did Faye just offer Campy an orgy? And did Campy just accept? Squinting up at the Moros...it did look like he was pinker then normal.

Wait! Fight Club! "Think if I organize this sling shot wars it'll count as my leadership thingy from Fight Club? Would Avis let me get away with that?"

"Oh! Halloween....yeah. I don't think downing four? Five? Whatever. Shots right after the other is a good idea." most of Halloween was a blur of pumping base and shifting colors. But...Tuesday couldn't shake the feeling like someone made a pass at her, by way of her boobs.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

14. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A curious eyebrow was raised at Star, though the Enchantress didn’t look phased. “Can’t say I’ve ever been hit by a frozen grape going that fast. But I’m always game to new things.” And seriously? She was pretty sure her scarification hurt a lot more than a paintball would. Maybe he was just a wuss when it came to pain?

When Halloween was mentioned, and her name, she smiles widely, “Yup! Was there and it was fun. Have to say, he’s being modest with his dance abilities, so don’t let him fool you.” She replies before taking a sip of her drink. Did he flush? Was she missing something here?

“Oh! Pies, I’m in!” she liked pies, and well, anything sweet.

Eyes widen in mock surprise at Tuesday, “Hey now, careful or I might try and up that antae.” She says with a grin.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, you mean Halloween-Halloween!"

Like there was any other. But mostly? It was to see how awful things were going to get. Because 'Boo'ing like the old lady in The Princess Bride.

"I mean, I think she liked it?"
    There's a cheeky little green below greenish eyes for Campanella. "She left with you, right?"

He rolled his head to look at Faye. Then back to Campanella.

"Are you blushing? Those spots on your cheek. Is that a blush? I didn't see them before. I can't tell. She's smiling." A finger waggled between them. "Is 'dancing' a euphemism? Like, did you two hook up and this is some kind of code speak complimenting each others," finger quotes, "'Dancing' to see if the other person wants to get down again?"

Because Oblations And Chill.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

17. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread