A Planning Session

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn walked into the Blue Note, holding carefully onto her laptop. She was running on a little bit of a deficit of sleep, so she yawned, pausing by the door, and then made her way towards the bar, uncertain of where, exactly L'aire was.

Well, maybe she just hadn't arrived yet. Evelynn was a little early, after all. It was no problem, anyway. She settled down on a bar-stool, opened her laptop, and began clicking about, checking the poster she'd made for the talent show. It was simple enough, but she wanted to run it past L'aire before posting it, just in case.

"Hmm. I wonder if I should include the Blue Note logo... Directions? Does anyone in the community even need directions?" She was mumbling under her breath to herself - not a particularly unusual habit while she was working. It was something she tried to avoid in public, but the Blue Note felt enough like a safe place that it seemed she forgot.

S
    Sasha

Not long after Evelynn arrived, L’aire emerged from the back. The bartender had been washing up the bar and doing busy work as he normally would do. The coffee she’d requested was already done and the Fairest nodded to him to pour at least one mug full. She’d spotted the Wizened sitting with her laptop.

Her mask wasn’t up, she wasn’t exactly worried at this time of day. Her presence began to fill the area where the tables were with a chill. Longer than normal hair flowed at her legs, nearly impossible to believe it was only to her hips with her Mask up. It swirled around the grey skirt she wore and thin black sweater.

Strolling over, she didn’t sit. “Heya Evelynn!” She said gleefully.

“Do you want to go into the greenroom and sit at that table? The wifi is stronger in there.” Nodding toward the bar. “Did you want something to drink? Coffee is fresh. We have some flavored creamers too if you’d like.”

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

Evelynn looked up at L'aire with a bright smile. "Oh hi! Um, whatever works. Sure, lets go to the greenroom." She stood, collecting her things, and nodded at the offer of coffee. "Sounds great!" She took a moment to get herself a cup - with some yummy hazelnut creamer - and then followed L'aire to the table.

"Um. Okay, so I don't really know how long it should be? But I was thinking we could do sort of... two types of show. Um, one for sort of... displaying stuff, and one for performing stuff? What do you think?"

S
    Sasha

Grabbing another mug, the creamer and the carafe of coffee, the Dancer had lead Evelynn to the greenroom. Pulling out her notepad, the Fairest began jotting down notes from the Wizened's thoughts.

"I agree. Not all talent is something that is performed. Art isn't just stuck in one contained area." Which is something L'aire realized wasn't present at any of the previous talent shows. But those weren't hers to direct; things were much different now.

"So, you want perhaps a gallery display of arts or crafts? I can easily rent some easels and tables to display anything people would like. I'd just need some notice. Probably not much though. I think we could use this room for the gallery. If people need to change or anything, they can just use the office or downstairs." Waiting to jot down anything until Evelynn agreed.

Looking up to the Inventor, her violets were eager to hear more ideas. "Anything particular you want for decor?"

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn considered. "Hmm... I don't know. You seem to have a better taste for things like decor than I do!" she admitted, grinning.

Looking around, she closed her computer and offered L'aire a smile. "Actually, why don't we get the posters done first, and then we can see what sort of response we get? It might be easier to plan once we know more about exactly what we're planning for, right?" Smiling broadly, she packed her things up and offered L'aire a wave.

"I'll go get that started right now!" she decided excitedly, apparently anxious enough that she really did want to get started right now, and headed out.

Evelynn exits scene

Closed Thread