Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Reliquary) The Dark Room

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I believe BDeHaven has left us

The two Acolytes make their move, descending the steps. They are met by a man coming the other way, ascending the stairs with a confused mix of openness and trepidation. In one hand was a steaming mug of coffee; in the other, a crowbar. He did not look exactly thrilled at the interruption, which only fed into his fearsome aspect, dressed as he was in paint stained camo pants, boots and ratty T; receding hairline turning to male pattern baldness; pony tail.

"What the fuck? You'se ain't Dennis! What!? Shop's closed, people!"

For the moment, the fellow was too stunned to process Chris' question.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

When the man is obviously shocked, and with good reason, Chris takes a defensive step back. He raises both his hands in the air, the common sign that he means no harm. Besides, he appears unarmed.

'We're not here to shop. Sorry to intrude.' He gives the man another second to process.

Calmly, he repeats, 'I'm Chris, and I'm looking for Limey Joe, or someone using that as an alias?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

v
    voivode

Martel monitored the action from a few paces back. He tried to keep an eye both on the man Chris was currently having a verbal confrontation with, as well as the stairs behind them.
    The conversation did not as yet require any input from him, but he was ready with a quick thrust of either word or blade.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"What?" The fellow shook his head and took another step back. Composing himself, he scraped his nose over the back of his hand - the gesture rendered clumsy given the length of the crowbar.

"Eh... Limey Joe is gone, friend." He continued carefully, eyes narrowing. "Don't know if he's coming back but I doubt it. He never been this long. And no. I do not know where he's gone or, like, where he could have gotten to. That man was a cipher, ye hear."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Really? That's unfortunate.' The Mekhet narrows his eyes as well, making the scene way more ominous than necessary. The man doesn't seem to be lying, still Chris wants to check his aura. Who knows how he feels exactly. And he seems pretty human, but you never know these days.

After a the moments of concentrating, he looks around the room again, 'So, you didn't know him very well? I was told he has a certain artifact for sale. Did he ever store items here? I mean, I thought he lived on this address.'

Damnit.

He then changes his posture and smiles. 'Let's say I could be... rewarding useful information.'

Aura Perception 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-20 17:03:01 Chris rolls 7 to Int + Empa + Aus to read Aura (-2 nature) (10 Again) 7, 3, 8, 4, 9, 4, 9 3 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"He owned the shop here. Ran it for many years. It was know he moonlighted as something else." The man gave a cagey look. "He may have stored things here. You know, for his... something else."

Chris stares and the man's aura flares around him. Silver, mottled with bubbles of orange and struck through with thick veins of deep red that seem to be expanding. All of these shades and hues appear normal - there is no hint of supernatural trickery, nature, or influence here.

v
    voivode

Martel lifted an eyebrow.

"Something else? Something illicit, you mean?"

He changed tact.

"What may he have stored here?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The man's hand tightened on the crowbar.

"Why don't you tell me? All I know is there is a door where there shouldn't be one. With a big bust lock. And I just found it because there was all this crap piled up in front of it. Now why is that?"

A cagey, hungry, wary, look was spreading across the man's features. He was still holding his ground. Suspicion was beginning to ooze from him. His eyes flitted from Chris to Martel and lingered on the Haunt as if he were trying to place the Nosferatu but failing miserably.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

The Shadow is wondering how to interpret all the different colors. It is good that Martel asks the logic follow up question. Of course, the man is confused and afraid. But the deep red?

What's going on in his mind? What is he thinking about?

He could look, just out of curiosity. But Chris decides to wait. The door sounds interesting too. He doubts the item would be behind it, but it's always worth a try. He smiles in his own friendly casual way, 'Look, let's keep it cool man. I'm just looking for something that I thought he might have. I understand it's confusing when we barge in here like this. Maybe we can help you get the door open? It might be useful space for you too.'

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread