Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Children Will Listen (Open)

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

PRE

"I'm doing well, Grr," Derek says as he heads in to take a seat. "As to finding Al... well, I can ask around, see if any of the Spring folk knows where he lives."

To Betony Rue, he whispers "I know I'm not going to be a part of these kids' lives, but I also know that kids do better when they have some sort of mental stimulation. Books, music..."

The Hag hissed. Two of the Jasons woman's fingers were at Derek's ear before she realised they were there. The tender flesh pinched firmly between her claws. It took all the self control she had to not pierce his skin.
    Her glare at Mr. Koskov told him he had better go into the dining room or he'd get the same treatment.
    Her voice had a chill calm "I headed your advise at the Festival, I waited and allowed you the respite you requested. Allowed you your enjoyment." She'd enjoy forcing coals of amber down his throat. She didn't give into her urges. "My request for the Hunt was denied, Al-Adin is not here and time marches on. Tell me what you have achieved in that time."
    The wind of silence would have floated through the room even if there were a positive response to be had.
    "Now it is time to put frivilousness behind us. If you wish to care for these children make it safe for them to return home, not waste time providing trinkets.
    "Head mine. I am providing for these children and I must have a stable environment. I'll decide if more stimulation is appropriate."

She released her pointed grip without drawing a drop of blood. "Now, it is time for lunch. We will speak more in depth once the children have begun their writing."
    She walked away and took a seat at the table that had been prepared.

The lunch was fairly quiet with hardly a word being said. The children could sense something was wrong and so kept looking mostly to their plates with occasional glances to any of the three adults. When they were finish the Jasons woman and the children cleared away the places.
    Betony instructed the children to gather supplies and begin writing and writing in the dining room. She expected at least half a page of words.
    She stayed behind in the kitchen and began washing the dishes while Mr. Koskov and Derek let the kids run past them into the other rooms.
    The running water filled the silence for a while. She did not look at either until after she had cleaned the silver ware and put it in the drying rack. Then she began the plates.
    "Are neither of you going to say anything?" the water splashed slightly as she flinched. Her voice and the flow mixed and sounded like water hissing as it poured over coals.
    She reached over to some dish clothes near the counter. The blood had been thoroughly cleaned so they were still of use. "Then at least dry." She tossed one to each of them and went back to washing.
    "These children are being cared for. That is my responsibility and you will trust my judgment in how I keep them." She placed a plate in the rack and eyed the door for a second. "However, I do so in the expectation that we make every effort to keep them in my care for as short a period as possible as has been said. They do not belong here."
    She looked pointedly at Mr. Koskov.
    "If you are unwilling or unable to ensure this, I wish to know now."

PRE

"How about I try to get in touch with Al, while Grr works on trying to get some information directly from the kids," Derek suggests. Turning to Grr, he says "We've got some names to go on, maybe by talking to other teachers you can figure out a way to talk to those kids?"

Grrface had nearly had enough of Betony's harsh way toward him. Anger flared within him at her pointed look, but he was able to keep it hidden from his face. She was right, after all.

Looking at her he replies "My only concern is returning these kids to their folks. I'm in it to win."

To Derek he nods "That's the idea, Derek. I've got just the idea of where to start, too. How will you get a hold of Al?"

PRE

"I'll call Kyle, see if Kyle knows how or where to get hold of Al. If not him, then Nightfall. And if that fails, there's King Krunk."

Alicia liked writing and drawing. She took her paper, the first she'd seen since coming to live with Miss Jasons, and drew a picture of Jasper.

She wrote:

Jazpur is my munkee.

He keps me saf.

I luv Jazpur.

[signed in big block letters] ALICIA

And she drew a picture of herself with Jasper in her arms.

Samuel was also eager to get to the paper and pencil. He had so much to say!

I cald the bad man.

He wuz scarry.

He sed, Giv me a nam.

But I wodnt. I thot that wod stop him but it dint.

[signed] SAM

He drew a picture of a spider-thin creature with long legs, long arms, and a big bag.

Alicia looked at Sam's drawing and said, her eyes big, and with a shaking voice,I don't like that picture!, and tried to grab it to tear it up. Sam took his page and ran away, down the stairs, with Alicia close behind. He ran straight into Betony Rue, nearly knocking her over.

You're iinnn trou--ble! said Alicia with a sing-song voice, still unable to grab the picture.

PRE

Derek watches the end of the little chase, flinching when Sam barrels into Betony Rue, and smiles when he sees the kids have been drawing.

[OOC - Any chance of Derek noticing any of what they've drawn/written?]

Derek can't see the words, but he can see a skinny stick-like figure.

While Betony Rue tries to gather her composure at suddenly being the object of an 8-year-old's unintentional tackle, both Derek and Grrface see the paper drift to the floor. It lands face up, and Sam's writing and drawing can be plainly seen.

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread