Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Reply
Watch

What to do with the Grimoire?

49170
THREADID
26
POSTS
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
  1. #21
    Chambers's Avatar
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    Status
    (Factotum)
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

    Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

    When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

    Status: Mysterium: 2
    Spells and Magic

    Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

    Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

    Personal Spells:

    Vulgar spells cast in ():

    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

    Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

    Smoking, Pipe

    Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

    WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

    Spell tolerance: 2/3 +1/1
    Active spells: 1/6 + 1/1

    Paradox base: 2

    Monthly rituals:

    Fortunes protection + Quantum Flux (Improvised combined cast) (Both cloaked)
    Potency: 4/3

    Grim sight: (Rote) (Cloaked)
    Potency: 10

    2
    PRE

    That was in fact the most worrying part. "They are not recognized and not protected, as long as you do not breach secrecy the lex does not restrict what you can do to them." Theft, death, torture, even soul theft. None of it was off the table only Auroras own moral compass, and any possible fall from grace in the public eye if she went to far would be the consequences. "Intention or not it is unlikely they will sit by and take what fun you have planned lightly." Thieves and vagrants who had shown a willingness to use force already. "I fear escalation as much as anything else." And when mages fought tooth hand claw without the confines of the duel or the rules of Nemesis it got messy quickly.

    But that aside, Aurora was wise and powerful all in all and he had to hope that the situation would not result in a greater mess the nit cleaned up. "If the divination gives me reason to think donating this will not advance me, well then I do not donate it." Tight fisted, sure but knowledge had a price and that included for the rest of the order to, he would not freely give what did not have a very good reason to be given.

    The ghost they had discussed at length, it would be what it would be. "I trust you will handle it as the situation requires." Destruction was not ideal but if needs must. "Given we will likely have good sympathy to him if he must be destroyed it is not as bad as it could be." He could work his own brand of investigation and work put much of what the ghost was hiding regardless of if it persisted or not. But working with the real thing would be easier. "I do not think the circles wards will let us expand with space magic, any attempt to use magic on the circle fails." And it already seemed larger inside the cathedral then the real thing would otherwise have permitted. To house five orders and communal space. "But we can focus on clearing out the area we do have, making more of it usable." That would be a good first step.
    Health
    Mana

  2. #22
    Aurora's Avatar
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

    Dedicated Magical Tool

    Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

    The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

    Monthly spells done on character sheet.


    Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

    Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

    2
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    4
    PRE

    “It might not restrict me, but I restrict me. After what I had done in the past, I’ve changed how I approach things. And reminding myself of the Lex in such a matter, reminds me of the person I’m trying to become. It might not make sense to you, but it helps me.” She didn’t want to murder if she didn’t have to. “I’m still mentally dealing with what I did years ago, and I don’t want to add to it unless necessary.” Shrugging. “That’s ok, I also will try to keep things as on the down low as I can.” They stole from the Mysterium, they needed some form of punishment.

    “If you don’t donate it, then where does that leave us? We keep looking and hope we come across it? I keep on my journey of collecting books and hope we come across a book or numerous books that will work as a donation?”

    A simple nod. “I would rather not destroy him; he could have a wealth of knowledge. So I’m hoping to try and avoid it, get him to want to work with me. Might be a long shot, but I’m going to try.” Never hurt to try, well, it might. He wasn’t too happy with her last time she was there. Frowning, “Hmmm, might be a problem there then. What about Space magic on items, like storage chests? If I can get the ghost to work with us, he seems like a pretty damn good guard. Plus he's very eager and set on protecting and task orientated. And that Sanctum is in a good location. Plus, it has a tree spirit I need to talk with. Might, maybe, make a good location to expand to. Now I’m not saying one hundred percent, just floating the idea depending on how things go. You know, keeping options open.” A nod, “But lets focus on clearing the space here and expanding as much as we can, see what we have to work with and go from there.”

  3. #23
    Chambers's Avatar
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    Status
    (Factotum)
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

    Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

    When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

    Status: Mysterium: 2
    Spells and Magic

    Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

    Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

    Personal Spells:

    Vulgar spells cast in ():

    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

    Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

    Smoking, Pipe

    Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

    WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

    Spell tolerance: 2/3 +1/1
    Active spells: 1/6 + 1/1

    Paradox base: 2

    Monthly rituals:

    Fortunes protection + Quantum Flux (Improvised combined cast) (Both cloaked)
    Potency: 4/3

    Grim sight: (Rote) (Cloaked)
    Potency: 10

    2
    PRE

    Now that was in fact quite the mollifying thing to hear. "It makes some sense to me, perhaps not as much as it does you." Aurora would know her own battles best after all. "But we all have our worst impulses that we try not to act on, and the ways in which we help us ourselves in those inner battles." He had not taken a human life, that was a struggle he could not begin to grasp, even the idea of doing so was unpleasant to him, as murder should be for most people. "You might, I am as much worried about them keeping things discreet if it comes to blows." Back mages into a corner and well they had the powers of gods at there finger tips. It could get messy.

    It was a fair question. "If I do not donate the grimoire remains here with us." he was not putting personal claim to thing. "But well yes if donating it elsewhere does not seem likely to advance our position at all then well we have to keep searching. You on your journey and me on mine." But he was not about to give something up if doing so did them no good of any kind.

    It was in many ways they had no one more proficient in death. Another one of the things on a very long list of needs. "It would be ideal yes, but how often do things work out as we hope hey." When reality was actively hostile to your existence the answer was well almost never. "It could be a possibility yes, enchanting items is no easy task mind you." But then Aurora really surprised him. "Expand to?" Okay now this was getting perhaps overly ambitious. "Maybe we take in hand what we have first before we consider plans to start on expansions." There was still a lot more the circle wing had to give before it was packed to being full. Even if they somehow filled it to capacity, which would be a feat in and of itself, they numbered only two and a location without the circles powerful wards would be harder to defend at need.
    Health
    Mana

  4. #24
    Aurora's Avatar
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

    Dedicated Magical Tool

    Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

    The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

    Monthly spells done on character sheet.


    Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

    Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

    2
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    4
    PRE

    She wasn’t really expecting him to understanding. Having to live with the taking of lives was difficult…at best. And she had no desire to add to it. “As difficult as it might be to believe, I have no desire for it come to blows. It never ends well with mages coming to blows, over anything. If I can be discrete about teaching them a lesson, that’s what I intend to do.” Prime has given her some tools for that.

    A single nod, “Fair enough. I’ll still work on gathering Grimoires when I can though, never know.” Maybe Fate will smile upon them, maybe not. But never hurts to grab them when she could.

    “I can give it a shot. He was friendly for a short time, and maybe I can shift his favor. Either way, I’m going to give it a shot. Won’t hurt to try.”
    Well, it might. But she was going to try. “Then if it’s a possibility, then it’s something worth keeping on the table. It not being easy has never dissuaded me before. Just means I have to work a little bit harder, and that’s ok. But if it means it would give us a bit more room, then so be it.” It meant pushing herself to learn Space sooner than she had wanted to do, but, that was ok. Then a shrug, “It was just a thought. If I’m going to be there, talking with and maybe negotiating with this ghost, I want to consider all options. This is a ghost, that if agreeable to working with us, has defended that Sanctum very, very well. Having a spirit at his beck and call is pretty useful as well. I just want to make sure we don’t discount a place that could be useful in the future.”

  5. #25
    Chambers's Avatar
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    Status
    (Factotum)
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

    Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

    When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

    Status: Mysterium: 2
    Spells and Magic

    Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

    Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

    Personal Spells:

    Vulgar spells cast in ():

    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

    Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

    Smoking, Pipe

    Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

    WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

    Spell tolerance: 2/3 +1/1
    Active spells: 1/6 + 1/1

    Paradox base: 2

    Monthly rituals:

    Fortunes protection + Quantum Flux (Improvised combined cast) (Both cloaked)
    Potency: 4/3

    Grim sight: (Rote) (Cloaked)
    Potency: 10

    2
    PRE

    While he did believe it, the Moros was also aware of how quickly a situation, particularly one involving errant mages could spiral swiftly. "Well hopefully discreet enough they will not come looking for pay back." Would it be simple to just killer them from afar? Yes. Would certain members of the order do that. Yes. Would he advocate for it. No. He did believe in trying to preserve where it was possible;e, as much knowledge as could be managed.

    He nods. "Grimoires, books of lore, journals, magical items really anything we can bring into our care would be very much appreciated." And he of course would do the same, if he ever found time outside of the administration and upkeep he found himself regularly beset by.

    He is glad to not have fate sight active at the moment because Aurora just tempted fate, it could very much hurt to try. "Well yes try and keep him focused on the things he seems to hold in great importance." Keeping the ghost from violence if possible would make it easier overall.

    Not wanting to add more to the load then they already had, not before a few of the needs and requirements and dangers had been crossed of the list at any rate Chambers seems less enthused about the idea. "Not that we are currently in need of more room, we have plenty to fill ,here so yes a possibility but maybe one to put on the back burner." As proprieties went ti really did not seem like one to being focusing on for the moment.

    True enough she would be there. "It would make more sense then, from where I am sitting." And he having never met this ghost could only speculate. "That combining his skill at guarding with the wards here would make for a much more fortified location over all, we would have less reason to fear break ins at any rate." Better in their position to consolidate then expand or so the Moros seems to think. "But beyond any of that until we know how it dies, what caused it create a ghost, what the unfinished business could be. I am hesitant to trust it." Ghosts did form idly after all. And for all they know it could have been a heretic of the order.
    Health
    Mana

  6. #26
    Aurora's Avatar
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

    Dedicated Magical Tool

    Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

    The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

    Monthly spells done on character sheet.


    Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

    Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

    2
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    4
    PRE

    “It’s not something I am planning for, but should it become an issue, I will take responsibility for it and handle it.” After all, it would be her fault, and she would own it.

    Nodding, “All of which I want to find. I would love nothing more than to see this room and wing filled.” And if she could have a hand in it, then even better.

    “I plan to. We didn’t leave on the best of terms, so it might take a bit to get him to speak to me again. But we’ll see how it goes. I remember the topics that caught his attention and seemed to truly pull him in.” how well it worked would remain to be seen. Maybe well…maybe not.

    “Fair enough.” But she still thinks it’s a good idea.

    “All fair points. And I am by no means saying I trust the ghost, because I don’t. It was simply an idea.” A slight nod, “I don’t know if it will share with me how it died, and I don’t know if the skeleton there is its or not. I know how the skeleton died, I mean, it’s obvious. But the ghost hasn’t opened up to me. I don’t think it trusts me enough, and I’m not strong enough in Death to compel it to tell me. I could be, I could focus my studies there. But I’m not sure if it will gain me what I’m after or not. And right now, that’s the books. A better understanding can’t hurt.” Maybe she’ll push for it. “Not trusting it not a bad thing. I’ll worry about the ghost and trying to acquire the books.”



Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
+ Reply to Thread
     

Similar Threads

  1. C
    • 14
    • POSTS
    • Mar 28th, 2015
    • 37
    • POSTS
    • Jun 5th, 2014
    • 43
    • POSTS
    • Jun 3rd, 2014
    • 17
    • POSTS
    • May 23rd, 2014
  2. B
    ODCH Ordo Dracul Chapterhouse on the Wiki Grimoire Meeting
    Beej
    Vampire (1E)
    • 59
    • POSTS
    • Apr 16th, 2014
DAYS
LEFT