Guru is quick to mention that the connections could very well lead to Chambers ' point of view. Well, he can't disagree with that.
"Yes, and thus I tried to clarify. Unsuccessfully as it seems. As of being careful of who we share the Truth with, which is one of the core tenets of the order...I am not sharing the truth with Sleepers! I have tried to make that very clear."
Corn is not sure about the rest of what Guru said about his child, so he didn't address that.

When Aurora mentions that these are things he should already know, he sighs.
"Yes, they are things everyone knows, Secrecy was the first thing I was told when I was found as a newly awaked mage! You do not have to repeat those to me.
Keeping the Mysteries a secret from Sleepers helps to preserve them from the Lie AND keeps our society safe AND a lot of others things we all know.
And I do know them. I realize that what I said to chambers back then could be taken wrong as Guru pointed out, but I am saying again and again, that I do not think we should teach Sleepers about Supernal Mysteries and everyone here seems to think I don't know why or that I don't have a conviction about it."

When Aurora mentions slander and then duel arcane, Corn shakes his head.
"As I said, I don't accuse Chambers of Slander. And I agree I have phrased what I meant to say poorly as you and Guru and Chambers pointed out. And I am trying to clarify what I said. As for squaring the circle, I wouldn't do that. I have much more pressing issues than Chambers using my words against me, even if I find the accusations aggravating and insulting, especially after I tried to clarify. "
He leaves unsaid that the other two also assuming that Chambers got the 'right' meaning of his words after his repeated clarifications is also quite upsetting.
Being accused of breaking secrecy, knowingly, or thinking to do it, is a pretty big accusation not just for a Mystagogue.
And the Guardians have actual reasons to hunt me down, without adding misunderstandings over my words to the file.

Then, Chambers... Chambers was getting a bit on his nerves with his arrogance and know-it-all stance, which is a common trait amidst Mystagogues.
"I didn't know you had access to that Arcana, Chambers. Thus why I said you or Aurora or whomever. Anyway... it is fortunate you have access to the required arcana. "
He took a breath and addressed everyone,
" Since there have been repeated misunderstandings, let me say it again, as clearly as possible:
I don't believe we should teach Sleepers about the Mysteries or the Supernal Magic. I don't believe we should break the Lex to teach Sleepers.
And I will repeat that as the test, to prove to you all that you should trust me a bit more."

Then, he turned to Chambers. "Feel free to use fate to cast a spell to turn water to ink or blood or coffee or whatever, with conditional duration. If I intentionally lie, the spell ends. And after you do, I will repeat what I said before:
I don't believe we should teach Sleepers about Supernal Magic. I don't believe we should break the Lex to teach Sleepers.
I do hope this will put this matter to rest.

To be clear: That is what I will say and you will see it is true. This is not a 'what Corn said months ago' but a 'what Corn believes' thing.
If you have issues with my wording, that's a different matter. I do not promise to make different statements that those aforementioned to. I do not promise to repeat word for word what I said to Chambers months ago. I do not promise that everything I said back then was correct. I do not promise to say that I didn't use titles in front of others, as I did. I admit that. Keep in mind, you did mention things that you shouldn't have in front of others, because standard protocol is to check. We have ways to check that don't require words or statements. So you're not spotless here, Chambers.
"

Then a pause. "I will also scrutinize your spell, to make sure the trigger is an intentional lie. Not that what I say will not contradict what I may or may not have said 3 months ago or what you thought I meant. " Or any other disingenuous thing, or that you don't end the spell prematurely to make it seem as if I lied.

Another pause. He has, unwittingly, given the wrong impression to Chambers about a respected Legacy. And while it pained him to admit another mistake, he had to.
"And just another thing. You said I mentioned some 'heretical example'. That was again, a misunderstanding. The people I mentioned are highly respected - in many circles. Do not claim that I called them heretics or breachers. I did not. Or I didn't intend to.
Look, I will make it clear: I gave you a wrong impression of them if you think that of them. I should not have mentioned them to you, as the Truth was horribly twisted." and that was most probably my fault, no way around it, but I was sure he would know them... "If you meet any of them, approach them with an open mind and make your own opinion. I didn't mislead you on purpose, I promise. "