Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

Unyielding voice (Troll blessing), seal pledge

Ogre blessing (+2 str) + wp for smash

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

His head draws up and back as he listens as if struck by some bolt of great wisdom. ''Yes.'' So you do know what I mean. ''That.'' Some days more others less but always. ''That is what I am here for. Looking for a replacement, No...'' Not quite but it had gotten him to an answers. ''A substitute.'' Something to take the edge off, to serve in its place as a different indulgence.

He shrugs back, turning it into a roll of his shoulders. ''Uh. Suit yourself.'' Punching something was not a good idea for him today either, so instead he grabs a dangling handle from a machine it would be head height to anyone else but falls to his chest. ''Uh. These things just are not made for big folk like me.'' He had seen others use it, knows you meant to pull it down to around your waist. But his proportions means that is not going to be used as intended. ''Ha. I guess it would get dull if anything was just easy.'' The world was not made for him, in this way it never had been. ''What counts as strength training for then Maggie?'' Few enough even here could match the Giant but he was curious how the smaller Ogress stacked up.

I always find that a funny one. ''Hm. If that's what you got in mind then why not.'' He tries pulling on the cord, it moves with ease but as predicated it does not work the muscle groups it should do, just by the variation in distance pulled and stance. ''I always find that a little odd though, folks like us working with animals.'' If he meant Ogres or Lost in general would up toe the Summer's best guess.

A smirk. Get to know me, is that it. ''So. you do want to know something. Just the thing you want to know about is me.'' Troll kith and mastery of pledge craft taught him to be careful with his words and more so mind those of others. ''You can ask.'' We'll see if I answer.

History then. ''Uh. I arrived in the states and feel in with a violent crowd down south a bit from here.'' A rougher more brutal lot for sure. ''They encouraged parts of me I didn't want to be.'' Couldn't see past the teeth. ''Huh. As I say it's a part, but not the only part.'' The nuance everyone missed he never and hoped never to say it was all he was. A pause of late it had been big, more prominent, to say that causally and off hand was a startling reminder he needed to hear himself say. But no denying the change being there wrought in me, none of us come back the same. ''So headed up here and well.'' Grumbling into silence. ''It's different.'' In some ways.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

Mantle
    (Summer; in Mini Sheet)
    Resources
    Harvest
    (Emotions)
    Presence
    (Feral)
    Maggie Magpie

Mien
    Maggie's hair grows longer, trailing past her shoulders a bit and seemingly covering her eyes, which grow a baleful yellow behind her messy locks. Her visage grows more feral, but the most prominent feature is her mouth, which becomes filled with sharp teeth and bears two pairs of tusks, not unlike the common depictions of Rakshasas.

Her arms and legs are covered in dark, avian scales and her hands end in wicked talons. Maggie's skin is light gray with prominent veins and she bears the same athletic build as her mask.
    Mantle

Mantle

Red-hot veins glow just beneath the skin, coupled with a "core" within her chest. A noticeable heat emanates from Maggie's feral form, bolstering higher in temperature as she becomes agitated or pushed to aggression

PRE

Gristlegrinder Nightsinger

Again, there was a solemn nod on the part of the ogress.

At his comment on the ill-fitting nature of the equipment Maggie smiled.

"Lots of folk in the company seem a bit handy. Mary offered to craft something for me a while back," she offered, "Now it wasn't gym equipment... but maybe she has a connect? I can be handy too, now and then."

At the question of strength training Maggie glanced around the gym a bit, piecing together an itinerary.

"Well, I'm already doing single arm rows," she mused, "Then maybe some lunges for the legs and benchpress for the arms and chest... If I'm not too tired after cardio at least."

Returning to the bench with the barbells, Maggie began another set of single arm rows, starting first with the right, and then with the left.

"I dunno, I've always found it easier to relate to them,"
    she said, "Not huge on dogs, but I don't hate them. Love cats though. And corvids."

Of course, she would need to be at a wildlife rescue for the latter.

"Either way, I got plenty of free time now that I'm not driving around all the time,"
    she said, "So I should probably do something... I'm thinking about going to a little silversmith class series too. Learn how to make jewelry or something."

There is a somber understanding on Maggie's face as he speaks to others using him for his more vicious talents.

"Humanity can be shit,"
    she said, "Always been true. Always will be... I'm hoping you're finding folks who see more than the sum of your parts."

There was a chuckle as John said that Sacramento was different.

"Yeah... Mary's not what I was expecting from a department head, but I ain't mad,"
    Maggie said, pondering the carefree nature of the Summer Queen, "Still need to reach out to her, get my paperwork in order. It's just a bit of a change dealing with someone who isn't... I dunno... severe?"

3. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

That gets a slow look, one that goes straight through to see whatever he sees that is not the ogress. ''Hm. Very handy yes, and all so eager to offer everything you could want or need.'' He had noticed and refused where he could manage, trading skills and services otherwise. And yet still. ''Some advise.'' The deep voice rumbles and his flinty pupil in the iris less yellow eye finds a more lucid moment, finds her again. ''Be careful what you agree to.'' Take it from a troll. ''It won't always be what you think your signing up for.'' Best intent or no it was good practice to be a little cautious of to much freely given. All things have a price be it in paying the person or some grander law of the universe things always come due somehow.

That tinges the corners of his mouth. ''Ha. That's not what I meant and you know it.'' Moving to the rack of weights he lifts a much heavier one in a single hand. ''How heavy can you go?'' Because lifting people was easy for him with brutish strength and a strong back. ''I'm curious how you stack up.'' Is he trying to find a point of connection other then the hunger, or just bragging?

The talk of animals seems pretty mundane to the Ogre, at least he does not see anything to read into. ''Hm. Well if it works for you I suppose.'' There is no way I wouldn't eat to many to not be noticed. ''Any reason in particular or just because they are what they are?'' Could I keep a pet? I don't think so. Not big on chains, leashes or cages.

That though that he sees what he thinks is hidden meaning. ''Uh. There's quite a few around about who like to get crafty with their hands, spin up all kinds of odds and ends.'' He had seen only a few of the results himself. ''I know my way around a toolkit.'' With its tiny, tiny tools, and the narrow spaces you need fit everything into.

She get a chuckle out of him. ''Oh. It can be. Maybe that what you mean with animals? sometimes acting humane can be a far flung for certain folk.'' That would make more sense. A cat isn't going to judge or pressure you into doing more then cleaning its poop. ''Hm. I think maybe two far the other way might be the issue up. The Wildly handsome, sort of Nordic looking fella.'' Has she meet Vincent yet? ''First thing he did was throw himself into my arms for a hug.'' Which to do for a gristle grinder you've never met is tantamount to suicide.

This has less pause, more certainty. ''Mary is good people.'' He really had nothing against the gun loving Crimson queen. ''She might not be serve but she takes her job very seriously.'' From everything he heard of it and saw.

Mantle
    (Summer; in Mini Sheet)
    Resources
    Harvest
    (Emotions)
    Presence
    (Feral)
    Maggie Magpie

Mien
    Maggie's hair grows longer, trailing past her shoulders a bit and seemingly covering her eyes, which grow a baleful yellow behind her messy locks. Her visage grows more feral, but the most prominent feature is her mouth, which becomes filled with sharp teeth and bears two pairs of tusks, not unlike the common depictions of Rakshasas.

Her arms and legs are covered in dark, avian scales and her hands end in wicked talons. Maggie's skin is light gray with prominent veins and she bears the same athletic build as her mask.
    Mantle

Mantle

Red-hot veins glow just beneath the skin, coupled with a "core" within her chest. A noticeable heat emanates from Maggie's feral form, bolstering higher in temperature as she becomes agitated or pushed to aggression

PRE

The ogress was starting to sweat now, having undergone several exercises thus far. Nonetheless, she listened.

"It ain't in their best interests to fuck me over," Maggie replied plainly as she finished yet another series of sets and settled in for another rest period, "If you don't trust 'em, why'd you settle?"

Then there's a look of confusion as John says she knows (or perhaps should know?) what he meant. A slight frown paints the ogress' face, evidencing Maggie's embarrassment as she averts her eyes briefly. After a moment she'd clear her throat and watched as John hefted another weight.

"Not that much," she quipped, managing a smile as she rose to stave off the feelings of stupidity. Moving to another machine nearby of identical function, the ogress puts on her max for the exercise. It is far less than what John has done, holding true to the fit ogress' claim that most of her training has been related to stamina and endurance. If one were to judge by weight alone, Maggie's strength is about on par for an average adult man. "That's about what I can do."

Unloading the machine to return the weights back to the shelf, Maggie would shrug as the conversation turned to animals and why she preferred some to others.

"On erm... Vacation my Host had a couple large Hounds," she explained, "They weren't nice so I'd guess that colored my perception a bit. There were crows who always squawked when they were near though, so they got easier to avoid. And cats are just awesome. They remind me a lot of me."

There was a nod.

"It's less natural for an animal to deceive. It's easier to figure out what they're feeling,"
    she affirmed before chuckling at the mention of a Lost aiming to hug her much larger kin, "I would of hit 'im. Not much of a hugger either."

As the John concluded his words by addressing the Summer Queen, Maggie made note of his respect.

"Fair is fair, you don't rise up the ranks in our department if you don't,"
    she said, "I'm sure its the same for the others... Still need to meet her one-on-one though. For paperwork and such, but I'll get around to it."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

He snorts. ''Ha. First, who says it isn't?'' Not all lost are nice, not all lost are friendly, not all lost want what's best for you. ''New in town, alone, and unestablished, what primer picking could someone ask for?'' This is accompanied by the signature predatory grin and stare. Don't be naïve little one. ''Second. Who says I was talking about them, specifically?'' And who has trust issues now? ''It's general good advise, when your offered everything you could want. Ask what's the price.'' As fore they why. ''Huh. You'll see why there's a good reason to settle here soon enough, a certain feel of security you won't find to many other places.'' The wyrdstone doesn't stop us hurting each other though.

He watches her show what her weight limits are. ''Hm. Well if you want strength training you need to lift more then that.'' He will find a free barbell and load it up to with nine hundred pounds of weight. ''Ofph. Now see this, this is going to take some effort to lift.'' Neatly outside his higher end of able to lift category.

LIFT! 3 successes

And he does the rep. With much grunting, and clear exertion the weight goes cleanly up onto his shoulders he squats knees bending and with a push extend to lock out. Only then does he drop the weight with an almighty clang and bounce. And that's without using magic.

It was brief but he his gasping by the end. ''Uh.'' That made him sweat a bit. ''See that is Strength.'' And changelings being more durable then regular folk, have less to worry about when it comes to injuries or complications. ''So try and push yourself.'' He is not suggesting lifts like the one he just did, but outside of her comfort zone.

Oh story time. It was unexpected for sudden and curious stories of what he suspects to be arcadia. ''Huh well now that makes sense I guess.'' Not the kind of damage he's used to that place leaving someone with. But a dislike for dogs is still damage done. Still changes wrought. As are likes for things we encountered there. ''It makes sense to like things that made your time easier.'' The other part causes him to crane his neck and look at her sideways, as if trying to see something or check angle. ''Uh. I don't see the cat thing though.'' And I still don't think I could own a pet.

He rotates one arms to make sure its lose after the heavy left then the other, the opposite hand resting on the shoulder of the arm in motion each time. ''Eh. He meant well by it, but yeah he got lucky it was me.'' Hey yeah it was me. ''I'm not so sure he enjoyed it when I hugged back in a fighting lesson.'' Still didn't do anything close to my worst did I. ''Could have ended very poorly.'' Avoiding a gristle grinders grip is sound advise, throwing yourself into it unheard of.

Oh I know you do. Still such an odd feeling, or well lack of. Hard to see how it doesn't cloud judgement, make the community very insular. ''Yeah. Well I think there is meant to be the big summer bash coming up.'' I got a contest to win. ''I reckon that'll get you sorted out.'' Least how I've seen it done so far.

Mantle
    (Summer; in Mini Sheet)
    Resources
    Harvest
    (Emotions)
    Presence
    (Feral)
    Maggie Magpie

Mien

Mantle

Mantle

PRE

Maggie listens to John's attempt at a lecture, but her slacked expression evidences her indifference to his words as the ogress' face falls into its usual RBF.

With the discussion moving to strength training and John's subsequent impressive showing, Maggie muses her words before speaking.

"To be fair, you're, like, double my size, maybe even more," she said as she moved to another benchpress, "Plus, I'm not going super far above my range because I don't want to get injured."

Racking the bar with 250lbs, just out of her usual lifting range the ogress slips under the bar and lifts... before performing a set effortlessly. The weight alone is far more than what Maggie weighs and more than a few of the others who glimpse it seem impressed. The weight is a far cry from John's own set, but the disparity between Maggie and what she is lifting is clear to most who are watching.

4 successes

Directing the bar back to its proper place on the stand, Maggie would rise, a good deal sweatier than before from her effort.

"I'll keep that in mind, but I ain't gonna kill myself," she said, "If that means taking more time to build up, it means taking more time."

Using her towel to dab off the sweat, Maggie listens as the conversation returns to anyone.

"Well, you don't know me that well," Maggie said, "Cats are independent, kind of bitchy, and stubborn... but earn their trust and it all changes. Some of the time at least. Me to a tee."

As the conversation moved to the larger Ogre's 'fight' with Vincent, Maggie's elfin ears perked up with some interest.
    "You're a grappler too, huh?" she asked before her eyes trail down to John's prodigious teeth, "Makes sense. Me too."

THey can't run that way.

There is a bit of a nod.

"Yeah, there is," she says, "I'm sure that'll help move things along."

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

His grasp on reality, less then firm the look goes unnoticed by the giant who thinks he is offering sound advise.

''So?'' That's far from the point. ''You don't learn by reading the same book over you have to push past what your comfortable with.'' Same applies here. ''I just lifted near three times my own weight.'' Its all relative. ''Being big as I am just makes it look less impressive.'' Not that he cared for such things.

He will watch as she sets up and pulls off the set, even slow clapping, unironically. ''Ha. See there you go.'' I bet she felt that. ''Don't you feel stronger already?'' That she had indulged him, given it ago seems to have put him in a good mood. ''If you live in fear of hurting yourself, you'll never experience the wonders out there.'' And that might explain why. ''But. But why do you seek strength Maggie? There are many ways to get what you want, and strength is but one.'' Charm, manipulation, magic, leadership so many ways to move forward none of them aided by physical might.

A lichen eyebrow climbs up his face. I thought it might be the nails. ''Huh. I'll keep that in mind, but wouldn't being a bit bitchy make you more like a dog?'' It is a bad joke, dreadful word play. But he does not get to do often.

The burn from his monstrous lift still pulsing through his arms he is not doing anything else yet. ''Uh. yeah something like that.'' Something like that. ''I got quite the grip that's for sure.'' Nodding slowly, of course he understood.

''Hm. Meant to be an eating contest happening. that a kind of thing you'd be interested in?'' Sure The challenge had been between him and Sonnie. But why not get a few more involved.

Mantle
    (Summer; in Mini Sheet)
    Resources
    Harvest
    (Emotions)
    Presence
    (Feral)
    Maggie Magpie

Mien

Mantle

Mantle

PRE

Looked on as John doubled down, but provided little else to say on the matter. It wouldn't do for either of them to argue. The ogress would let her larger kin feel a small sense of victory after she had caved and done the set. However, at the question of why she strove for strength, there was some pause, with Maggie staring into the middle distance as she slowly found the words.

"For what I want? This is the best way that I know how to get it,"
    she answered, her words slightly acidic, though it was clearly not directed to John.

The larger Ogre's crude joke elicits an amused huff from Maggie, melting away her serious countenance as her expression grew a good deal more mirthful.

"Touche," she said.

Granted a surprised look at the mention of an eating contest, but she seemed intrigued nonetheless.

"Y'know," she mused, "I think I could do that."

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

Yeah now we are getting to it. ''Hm. And what is it you want Maggie?'' The question ... strangely soft, not gentle, but spoken quietly as if approaching something important.

''Ha.'' He does give a laugh, a small one. Mixing words with a troll, what did you expect, or did you not see that part? ''You like jokes Maggie?'' Not his usual go to, but skill words takes every form.

Rotates his neck. ''Hm. Then once the paper work is done why not get involved?'' Your court is hosting it after all. ''See if you can't cause a surprise upset for those wagering on the winner.'' That's some autumn thinking for you, play an unexpected angle.

Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

That's 30 days thank for hoping in and yeah, Hope your doing alright

Chat and exercise continues until one or both of them decide its time to part ways until next their paths cross.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread