Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2106) A Gaggle of Beasts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 1, 2021 : (2106) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn noticed that Twist definitely caught that look, and a subtle shift and suddenly the Daeva was magic. She made it look that way certainly. If it were possible Quinn would be salivating right now. She thanked the divine quietly that she was not blushed this evening.

There was no I in team, but Quinn had her eyes on Twist. The subtle fire in her gaze, the curl of her mouth, the sudden tension and release all perfectly timed in the understanding that the Mehket was watching the Daeva.

Quinn weighed it in her mind, but even she could be taken in by that beauty. There was much that could be shared in the shadows after all. What went on the in dark and the Mehket's legendary secret keeping went hand in hand. She took the moment to answer the lovely ladies inquiry.

She turned fully to Twist, and her gaze met Twist's directly. She batted her eyelashes briefly, a little flutter to let her know she saw, and appreciated the Daeva's talents. Quinn's eyes were a beautiful and rare hazel that looked like good honey, and she didn't mind drawing Twists gaze to them.

"Mystery and beauty are two very good reasons for any adventure into new territories. I've heard so much of the beauty and charm of the place, but I've sadly never experienced it for myself." A small smile upturned the corner of her lips as she regarded Twist.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor's eyes flitted between the Priscus and the Archon. There was nothing subtle here, but what two ranking members of the court did was none of his business. There was a chance to speak with Twist, but Daeva were mercurial on the best of days, not to mention the fact that she was Invictus. Interrupting a moment could be considered a slight, or her pride could be insulted; no, it was best to stay quiet for the moment.

His gaze shifted to each member of the sizable group that had gathered, his mind soaking in the mention of bodies being found. His own Priscus had mentioned it to him, but it had seemed as if there were already a large number of Kindred investigating the situation. He contemplated trying to squeeze in on the now open position, but it may result in a case of too many cooks. He was trying to make a name for himself, yes, but he still had many nights to do so. Tonight was a night for intel.

Mr. Wells still seemed like a kicked puppy, but he had latched onto something to bring himself safely out of his own mind; The Sanctum. There wasn't a large presence in New York, and Connor was unsure if he had actually ever spoken to someone for that specific Covenant. Finding a time to speak with Mr. Wells out of the earshot of others was something that would have to go on his priority list.

Then Quinn mentioned the Crone, and Connor's interest was thoroughly piqued. Their magics where interesting to say that least, though he had only seen them used once before. It was still something to behold, and he wouldn't mind seeing it again.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“The garden there is quite beautiful and peaceful. And if you’re interested in horses, she has a herd as well," he said to both Twist and Quinn. He knew Durant was saying mostly for show but he did wonder at bringing up the Farm specifically. He smiled back, wondering if she wanted to talk with Mable about something once the investigation was over.

When Conner brought up the matter of Masses, his own interest was piqued.

“You’re only the second member of the Lancea Sanctum I can recall of note within the Domain in the year since I arrived,” he commented “And I haven’t heard or seen any announcements about Masses.” Though he was sure Twist had more time on him.

“Pardon my curiosity, but are you a priest?” JC didn’t know much about the Lance, might as well take the opportunity to learn.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

5. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Possibly," she replied half heartedly to Conner. What was the fascination with the past anyways? It had been part of one of the more recent Lancea Sanctum's downfall in the domain as well. Why did they not simply look to starting anew upon arrival and discovery that their covenant was small and insignificant here?

In the end she supposed it was their unlife to spend as they wished.

Just as hers was hers. And right now, she did not want to spend it discussing the Second Estate. And the Crone farm was only mildly more interesting. She had been and knew well of the beauty of the garden. Horses she left to Dirt Nap.

"As Mr. Smith has noted, it is a lovely place to visit," said with a small smile toward the mentioned man. "Court has been hosted there in the past and I have yet to find it unappealing upon arrival. As far as mystery and beauty..." her smile deepened from pleasant to knowing. To promising.

"If you will excuse me gentlemen," looking to JC Smith , Connor OBrien , and Conner Wells she offered each a brief nod of farewell before taking a step away from the small gathering. Looking to Quinn Durant , dark eyes matching her smile, it was clear for the Mekhet that it was no oversight that she had offered farewells only to the gentlemen.

Multitasking was not one of her strong suits. Especially not when the tasks were talking about the Lancea Sanctum, the Crone farm, and enticing eyes of honey.

Waiting a beat to see if Quinn's would join her, Twist moved back toward the main gathering of court, her destination ultimately the exit.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Twist's "Perhaps" was about as lukewarm as Conner's internal feelings towards the conversations' turn to the Circle. Maybe it was just the nerves of Court, but he wasn't getting the feeling that there wasn't much more to be gleaned from the Succubus Queen. Then again, maybe no news is good news?
    He takes a moment to take in the room at large, hoping to take stock of something, anything else that could possibly be gleaned....
    The Seneschal had just finished his conversation with one of the new Nosferatu; the blonde one with the unstable shadow.
    The Prince was talking to what appeared to be another Ventrue, and he was mostly just looking uncomfortable..
    The cowboy hat one and Simone were speaking with another woman. Conner didn't get the impression that Simone was a prime conversation partner at the moment.
    And then there was Mr Smith, with his questions, and his interest in the Sanctum, and his mangle-ready face a stone's throw away. But any interest was welcome at this point, so Conner offers a faint smile. "Pastor technically; I was brought up in the Westminster Tradition. A little less ceremony and a little more theological debate. As for the Masses, if the Sanctum's presence was lacking in the domain it's likely the resident Sanctified might not have deemed the Masses necessary." Or were cowards. Or were simply smothered into silence. "In the meantime, I've considered holding office hours for any interested Kindred who might be curious about the Sanctum or its teachings. Perhaps we could arrange something, if you were sufficiently interested of course."
    The paranoid Beast was practically eviscerating him inside like the proverbial fox in the Spartan child's tunic. What the hell are you doing? Do you have a death wish? Why would you want alone time with anyone in this godforsaken city with fangs? But Conner's desire for progress outweighed his fear at the moment. If Mr Smith wanted to discuss the Sanctum, who was he to deny an interested party? Especially a peer? He turns to Connor and nods to him as well. "You too, Mr O'Brien. I'd certainly be eager to know your experiences with the Sanctum in your own times". Even if the Nosferatu creeped him out.
    Twist exits, and Conner offers a deep nod. Relief briefly flushes through him that there was one less predator in arm's reach. He turns to Quinn and awaits her next move, seeing as how they would be tethered for the duration of the meeting.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

9. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn assessed the conversation between Conner and the new Invictus Haunt, and J.C. It was going well. Nothing embarrassing here. Thank the fucking stars. At least not to much, when you considered all the corrections.

Quinn listened to Twist, and noted the lack of enthusiasm she had towards the Lance discussion. She filed that away for later. Never knew when that knowledge could come in handy to inquire about. She knew very little of the history of this place. As far as the Crone Farm, if a Daeva said it was beautiful, you could take that to the bank.

Everything inside Quinn caved to that invitation of Twists. It was a secret desire in Quinn's heart that she had kept to herself. She had promised herself if ever the opportunity came, she would not allow it to pass her by. She had been a goddamn nun long enough. It was time for some beauty, and what was more beautiful than Twist?

Does Quinn Resist Her Vice?

Yet she knew her duty, but she would not let Conner's fuck ups cost her something like this. Conner had had his redeeming moment in court, he had gotten corrections on how to address and speak with a ranking member of the court. He had gotten some connections going, and that was good enough for government work. Not to mention he needed to understand coming to Prince Antinori's court was a privilege not a fucking right. It was a privilege she could also severely limit. Time to make that last point for the evening before she turned her full attention to Twist.

"Mr. Wells, you may get Mr. OBrien's and Mr. Smith's contact information if they would be so willing...." Her voice trailed off some, like it wasn't a guarantee due to past performance. After all if one couldn't follow the basics of Elysium how could one trust anything really? That was not her call to make however.

"You are to make your final bows to the Prince, the Seneschal, and to the Archon, and leave court."

She then looked to the other gentlemen. "It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. OBrien. Thank you for company. Mr. Smith...." She paused a moment and gave him a warm and full smile that actually reached her eyes. "Have a wonderful evening. I look forward to our next meeting. Until then, be well."

With that Quinn turned and caught up with Twist, intent to leave with the Daeva.

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Fare well, your Grace," Connor replied to the Archon with a deep bow "I hope the rest of your evening finds you well." There was no tone, nor even the slightest bit of sarcasm; simply a true wish of a good evening on the Archon. He had to make sure that's all it sounded like as well, seeing that Quinn almost immediately followed her, after getting one more jab in on Mr. Wells, of course. "The pleasure was my own, Priscus Durant." He replied to the Shadow with a shallow bow. "I do hope we get the chance to talk again soon."

With Quinn and Twist gone, Connor turned his attention back to Mr. Wells. "Of course we can meet to speak on my experiences with the Sanctum. I'm afraid, however, that it will most likely be a short conversation. Those of the Second Estate were notoriously secretive with the gifts the blood bestowed upon them." He had a hard time remembering when he'd last met a Kindred of the Sanctum, at least one that was willing to show off at all. "Here is my phone number, should you wish to contact me to set up that meeting in the future." The Haunt spouts of his cell number aloud, not particularly caring whether J.C. took it down or not. "However, I believe it's time for me to call it a night."

"Mr. Wells, Mr. Smith,"
    he said, with a nod of the head to each respectively, "feel free to contact me should you wish to speak further outside of court. May your evenings find you well." He then takes a small bow and turns on his heals to make his final 'goodbyes' to the court officials present.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC bowed as Twist took her leave, wondering if he would ever talk to her about her theater. The chance once again slipping through his fingers. He knew he should have brought it up earlier. However, he was already engaged with Conner. At least that also held some promise, even if not a lot.

“I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the term Westminster within the context of the Lancea Sanctum. I’d be interested in learning more about your covenant since you’re offering.” And given that the vampiric church wasn’t around much in Sacramento, better to learn while the getting was good. And while he was fairly certain it wouldn’t be for him, he was willing to give it a fair chance as much as the Crone.

After Quinn’s suggestion he gave the number to the phone Mable had given him before the Mehket (and the Nosferatu if he had a mind) left. While also taking down numbers as they were given.

“Have a good evening, Priscus Durant,” he replied with a genuine smile as well, though still fairly reserved and small.

He gave a small nod to Connor with an O “Farewell Mr O’Brien.”
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

It wasn't until after the words "Yes, Priscus Durant" ​had left his mouth that it suddenly dawned on Conner that he was being ditched in Elysium surrounded by everyone in the world who could possibly gain from him being shredded. Par for the bloody course, I suppose.
    He accepts numbers from Connor and JC, grateful that at least his peers weren't taking the chance to take advantage of him while his Priscus' back was turned, offering a nod of thanks to each. "I'll be sure to reach out to you when I have the chance. A good evening to you both."
    And so, the gaggle dispersed, Conner returns to the main floor of Elysium.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

17. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread