Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

July 2020 Invictus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora listened as the floor was given over to Hazelton. The Lady Notary easily retained Lenora's attention with her words. Subtle and prudent as she was, Lenora had been quite overt about her desire to bind herself to the covenant. She was not blind to the power the Oaths possessed to achieve such an aim, but remained acutely aware that the determination of her worthiness was not hers to make.

That rested with the established members.

As she spoke of a Swearing Ceremony, Lenora nodded.

"As you say, Lady Notary Hazelton,"
    she offered, her tone careful but sincere, "I look forward to providing my affirmation."

Lenora was cautious, but saw little need to fear in affording the Lady Notary her answer. It could only help to show that she understood.

"If such words from me would be deemed appropriate, I would like to echo Mister Jack's congratulations," she offered, her voice leaning to an unobtrusive edge.

Lenora's slight smile hit her lips as she offered the Lady Notary a nod of reverence. It was not the place of students to offer words, but Lenora doubted silence on matters of accomplishment would be met well here.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:06 PM.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A bow of her head to Twist, “I am ready and willing to bind myself to another Oath.” She’d shed blood for the Domain numerous times, and will gladly shed it for the Covenant.

Listening to Jennifer, she had to wonder if any had dared break an Oath to the Invictus in the past.

A bow of her head to the Notary, “Thank you Lady Notary Hazelton for the Oath you are about to provide, and the Oaths you are dedicated to learning.” She wasn’t sure what went into them, but imagined it wasn’t easy.

Nods were offered after Jacque and Lenora spoke.

But truth be told, she was eager to see an Oath provided by a Notary. A ceremony was mentioned, would they have one? Things were getting interesting.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes liked this post

Lenora receives a call and exists the scene

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist watched Lenora slip away for a moment, her face carefully composed against revealing the thoughts she had regarding the event.

Inhaling, she turned to those remaining.

"So it is decided. We will reconvene for an Oath Swearing event in the coming nights. I look forward to seeing all of you there," she said with a smile offered toward the table and those seated at it.

And then clapping her hands together, her smile broadened, "Bringing us to the last event of the evening..."
    And as though summoned, Kalos steps forward, his arms ladden with the gifts he had carefully sorted from the table. In front of each person a pile is laid.

To try and help prevent scrolling:
    From Jacque
    From Edward: Unknown yet
    From Jennifer: Unknown yet
    From Alessandra
    From Twist: Unknown yet

Lenora did bring gift boxes but with her leaving, Kalos will simply leave them on the table.

Feel free to post reactions/commentary/reveals of gifts/etc. Once completed we will go ahead and wrap the scene and move on to status.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods her head respectfully to the Prince. "Thank you, Your Grace. I only wish for my efforts benefit the First Estate." She rasps.

She listens attentively to the Duchess as she speaks. Jennifer is pleased with what the meeting has accomplished. The gift giving is always a pleasant moment . Jennifer is pleased with the idea of a separate Ceremony, as well. The pageantry was always enjoyable.

"Marvelous, I was just thinking of needing something special made. Thank you." Jennifer states to Jack sincerely after perusing her folio.

"Your Grace, I shall treasure these. Thank you." It was clear that these had been chosen just for her and she was touched
    Jennifer's Gifts:
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I do, thank you, your Grace." He nodded to Twist. Jennifer's offer was given, and Edward was about to take his chance to speak up but Alessandra spoke first. As she did, Edward's words died in his throat: I would not cheapen my first oath by declaring it a second time.

It seemed Alessandra would swear again unless she hadn't yet sworn an oath to the Invictus? But that had to be impossible. He was reformulating his thoughts when Lenora took a call.
    Eyes, now wide with shock flashed to her What the fuck are you doing?
    And then, she left. Without another word. Knuckles flush with blood, whitened again with tension. How dare you.

But he said nothing. His face reverting from its two-second rollercoaster back to neutrality. Twist's words saved him from having to respond immediately to Jennifer. Delaying again, are we? He self-chastized, but he just wasn't in the mental place to navigate that minefield.

His brief case was opened and gifts passed out:

Gifts

Then, he opened his own. His face lit up, seeing Alessandra's gift, "my sincere thanks, Lady Prince. I will treasure this." and I see you did not forget our conversation. That was nice.

Next was Jennifer's, "thank you, Lady Notary." Somewhat uninspired, not that he could complain given his own gift to Jennifer.

Last was Jacque's, "thank you, Mister Jack. Now that I am in possession of these lovely cuff bars and tie links, I will need a suit to match them." Equally uninspired, he had more than enough money to purchase appropriate attire.

He awaited the remaining gifts, managing to keep Lenora's sudden departure mostly out of mind.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

That was that: a separate event to be held in the coming nights with blood oaths being the center of attention. Exciting, the Lord mused.

Jacque carefully watched as the fellow Invictus began to open the folios, "As I mentioned earlier, the First Estate has provided the means for a marked improvement in my personal wealth. It seemed fitting to provide a gift reflecting that." Steel eyes traced to Edward, "You wished me to compliment my tailor," he recalls with a flick of his fingers, "I'm pleased that you are now provided the opportunity to do so personally and be treated to their services."

He then turned to his own gifts that were placed in front of him, first looking to see which one had been provided by the Judex and finding it noticeably absent. How curious, he thought to himself as he crossed his hands and looked towards the head of the table.

Jacque is accepting and will accept what is placed in front of him, however he isn't exploring or opening the gifts until all anticipated gifts arrive. No need to go an extra round for my sake though, he'll be gracious and excited for everything listed so far.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Lenora exits, Ale says nothing and keeps her face neutral.

But it dd raise some questions.

Focusing back on the evening, and Twist, she nods. This would be her first Oath Swearing ceremony. It was both exciting and scary. What would the night hold?

As the gifts were laid out, the Savage waited and watched. Pleased to see the gifts she had chosen had been received well. Which was always the goal. Gifting something that was rejected would be…a problem.

Opening the gifts herself, each was giving her attention. Each detail looked at, a warm smile and thank you given to each present. A warm smile was not a common look from the Savage, but she was grateful.

I kept Ale's reply minimal to move things along
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the first piles were placed, Kalos returned to set a large box in front of Ale. The box was simple, a ribbon tied around it in her clan's colors. Stepping back, the process was repeated for Jennifer. And then Edward. And finally Jacque.

Inside were their gifts. All authentic of course.

Alessandra
    Jennifer
    Edward
    Jacque

Herself, she opened the various boxes, lifting each glittering piece of jewelry to the light for it to sparkle and truly shine. The folio with the fabric was opened and a faint look of surprise, and pleasure appeared briefly as she ran fingertips over the material.

Looking up, she offered each member a smile and a murmur of thanks for their gift. The jewels were stunning and she already was looking forward to the creation of a new outfit that would set one or all of them off.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glances towards Mr. Heinrich, waiting. As nothing was said, she decided to clarify it in a calm and professional tone.
    "Shall you be swearing, Mr. Heinrich? We spoke briefly during Oath training about the honor to swear Loyalty to the First Estate."

Perhaps as something to pull attention from Miss Black's exit as well as her professional need to know for her preparations for the Ceremony.

Jennifer opened her gifts from Mr. Heinrich.
    "Thank you, Mr. Heinrich. I shall enjoy wearing these." She did not have any black silk scarves. Wearing a gift said something, and she was a bit curious if any one might react.
    Dark eyes focused on Jacque for a moment as he spoke to Mr. Heinrich on his tailor. She watched the exchange closely, looking towards Mr. Heinrich to see if he would reply to Mr. Jack. The warm smile from her Grace was noticed.
    Jennifer replied to the smile with one of her own, no words needed to be spoken.

Words did need to express her joy at the Duchesses' gift. Marvelous! She had been thinking of making improvements on her Haven.

"Your Grace, thank you for the exquisite gift."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread