Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Above the Temple

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Wow, okay, so I dress up for you and offer to do some more of the chores, and that automatically makes me a robot?" Avis asked, mostly teasing, but with a sardonic note edging into her voice.

"No, I get it, you're saying that I don't need to change. At least, not like that. But, you know, after that conversation we had at breakfast the other day, I've been thinking about something."

The sardonic note was gone, and her smile had faded, though there was no mask to replace, just a seriousness, and an openness.

"I've been thinking about where we come from, and how, I think in some ways, there's a part of you that's come to accept you're not going to get what you deserve. Which, I think is why you've put up with so much of my shit before now."

Her thumbs brushed at the fabric of his sleeves as she spoke, still meeting his eyes. Usually, by now, she would have looked away. At least for a moment. But not now.

"I mean, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but there's a reason why you're willing to sacrifice so much. There's a reason why you joined the Veil, and maybe, why you'd choose someone like me."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Sardonic, meet Jack's tongue. Stuck out.

No, really. He's saying he doesn't want to sacrifice his favorite clothes to the laundry gods. Remember to use hot water or cold water is totally a thing. Sorting. Emptying pockets. She has no idea how hard it is to find 32/36 pants, does she? He's already living on the edge with the number of socks he doesn't have.

"I chose you..."
    Yeah, okay. That one's a little tricky, isn't it? But there was a time when it wasn't a tricky question, and that's the answer she's going to get. "I chose you because you're so... raw. Honest. That's what I liked. So, like, if you're suggesting what I think you are? Scratch that one off your list. If I wanted to punish myself? Well. There was always Zoey."

She's got to admit that, right? Sure, his Intervallutrix has her moments, but when it comes to non-stop make you wanna punch a wall? Zoey wins.

"'Deserve' is also, hmmm. An interesting word. Sentiment? Does anyone? Deserve anything?" Yeah, she knows. She must. Merit Must Guide. "At least when it comes to other people."
    He licked his lips, looking down at her hands on his sleeves. Yeah, totally deflecting. Weren't some things better left to lie? The deal is the deal, though. But he's not ruining an evening with her dressed like that. "Make you a deal? I'll answer that question, but not tonight."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

There was only so much that could be done within a night, only so much discussed, or understood, and they'd already shared so much, even if only in pieces. Avis smiled gently and nodded, shifting her weight and gently guiding Star back towards the table.

"Ok. Not tonight. For tonight, I guess we'll listen to Zoey and make sure the food doesn't get cold."

As much as she disliked the other woman, and as much as she knew the feeling was returned, that didn't mean Avis hadn't learned anything from the time they'd spent in a cabal together.

"After we finish eating, we'll have to pack up. The one little flaw in my picnic plan. But then, well...we could go dancing? Or do something a little more private," she suggested, a light blush coloring her cheeks before they returned to their meal and the rest of what awaited them that evening...

Thank you for the scene!
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes West liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread