Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Consilium: (1911) Duel Consilium II - Page 7
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1911) Duel Consilium II

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods to Winter respectfully, apparently listening to what the Guardian says and taking it in. He nods at October's question as well, apparently choosing to treat it as rhetorical or at any rate deciding to practice the discretion he has lacked by now keeping quiet.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's like waiting for the mail carrier, but they took the day off sick. Waiting. Waiting. It's an okay primer by Winter and all, personal preference for allusions aside? And October isn't wrong.

'A higher level of discretion'.

Ladies and gentlemen, this isn't who is playing slap and tickle with who. It's the Precept of Secrecy.

He's about ready to say something; mouth open, finger raised... and then Paprika sprinkles some more weirdness on. Dollars to donuts says that love letter says the same thing and is another Secret loose end. But honestly? Who doesn't have a little Death in their glow? Right, Omar?

But back to the beginning.

"We do have a Tetragrammaton, you know. Like. No one's mentioned it? I don't know if people forgot. Or don't know. But, yeah."

Sorry, Kaze. Because head pats and 'attaboy do better next time' are for botched casts, not Sins.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Shaman doesn't roll his eyes.

"Mankind has a long standing tradition of ignoring the advice of its medicine people. And we have a long standing tradition of giving it anyway." He shrugs at Cosmo and gives little bird trill through pursed lips.

He looks to the Hierarch, "Will you choose to hold this young man before the court in the New Year so we can all agree on the debt he must pay, or would you prefer to deal with the matter at once? "

To Kaze, "Normally, I'm all for the innocent until proven guilty, but I'm afraid you've admitted to multiple indiscretions, and it seems the townsfolk are demanding blood."

Finally he turns to Star, "I bet you have the most delightful pattern of neurons."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

5. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

A Kindergarten, noisy kids and hastily hidden notes right under the teacher's nose included. He had to wonder how those people had managed to survive this long - but you should never believe appearances.
    "It's not the Hierarch who holds judgement on whether to proceed or not, it's the Council - which the Hierarch presides. This isn't a democracy, agreement on behalf of anybody else other than the Councillors is not required. And while we've taken a large break from the rules by allowing this stupid duel to unfold", he glares at the Hierarch, "unless Magus Kaze pleads guilt and willingly accepts the just punishment, he's still entitled to a trial. Just like Magus Shodan... at the end of the day, it's the truth that matters", he turns to the Hierarch.

"As the Sentinel and a witness, I'll assist the Prosecutor with the investigations"

7. Likes Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Pretty sure the break from the rules was waiting to mention the charges until after you had failed to deflect a challenge to a duel."

Cosmo shrugged, not especially pleased with the Sentinel's assessment.

"The charter is pretty clear that charges are to be brought to the attention of the council within twenty four hours as part of the trial process. You accepted the challenge, then declared it disingenuous and tried to dismiss it. Then, when that failed, you leveled allegations I'm willing to bet were older then a day as part of re-declaring the challenge. The duel wasn't declared as retaliation to the charges, you personally demanded a duel to the deathas part of bringing them forward."

"Finally, as I said in your private meeting with the Heirarch just before this Concilium, I don't think that the person who made these accusations should be a part of the effort to acquire or keep evidence pertaining to the accusation you made. It'd be improprietous if not clearly compromising. The prosecution can call on you if or when they need your testimony for the case against Shodan, with your assistance in Kaze's case wherever it's needed."

9. Likes Ruach, Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Pretty sure Magus Shodan challenged my right to restrict access to an Item the Guardians rightfully acquired. A right we exercised to protect the Mysteries in light of his proclivities. By forcing that duel, the Council effectively put its own interest above the Integrity of the Veil. If I hadn't reminded you of the basic rules of the duel - something even the lowliest neophyte let alone a Ladder should know by heart - a couple of artifacts could have moved into the hands of somebody unworthy. As the outcome of the duel later proved", give them enough rope and watch them hang themselves.
    "The Charter is clear that Councillors, Provosts and Heralds are bound to bring forth charges within 24 hours from the news of the crime. As I happen to be neither, your objection holds no merit. Needless to say, one should read things thoughtfully before claiming expertise in the field. Nevertheless, everyone witnessed the proclamation of the duel. As the Hierarch made it about WISDOM and as I won, my good faith and the value of my arguments have been proven to Magus Shodan beyond any reasonable doubt. Unless you're willing to re-discuss the rules of the duel, that's it", he shrugs, "For future reference, I suggest you change your tone and stop alleging my bad faith. Not only facts are staked against your claim, but your very words hold very little weight in this room. Your constant slips have given me ample ground to doubt your expertise. Your worth is still unproven and unless you're a designated Factotum, you have no stake in the hearing", he turns around, searching for Star.
    "As the Sentinel, I'm allowed to deputize a member of the Consilium to act in my stead for 72 hours and without seeking formal approval. Therefore, I'm investing Magus Star with the authority to investigate both Magus Shodan and Magus Kaze and assist the Prosecutor throughout the trial. So it is decided".

Threads need to be closed soon, so better get this out of the way

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That doesn't change the fact that you brought forward the charges after the duel was declared and the charter states immunity only related to the charges. The challenge Shodan issued wasn't related to Secrecy until you framed and reissued it to be. And even if the Sentinel isn't required to come forward, the fact that you tried to use unreported breaches to escape a duel you clearly didn't want is a clear sign an adjustment is necessary."

He shrugs.

"But let's let the Council decide that next year."

Didn't see the error mentioned in discord and assumed it was fixed. Sorry!

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"The twenty-four hours isn't from the occurrence of the allegation."

Long thieve's pianist's fingers covered by gloves brush at his brow. Please, make all this go away.

"Once an accusation has been levied, the Herald or other has twenty-four hours to bring it to the Council."

Look at that charter carefully, yo. See that big chicken scratched ? This chinchilla was there to John Hancock it. It's not Cosmo's fault, though. Nous was attempting her own Illusion and using words for smoke and mirrors. But that doesn't explain the boner Cosmo has for Winter... but that's not a bad thing. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Speaking of Winter? You jerk. Really? Does this guy look like a private investigator? He can. That's it. Big mustache, Hawaiian shirt, and Ferrari coming up. Minus the Ferrari.

"Uh. Sure. Do I get, like, a badge? Or a seal? You know. For official documents,"
    he mimed pressing a seal into wax, "Like my findings."

Because writing notes for Consilium officials is totes the new thing, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"I can push charges whenever and wherever I wish, especially if I'm collecting evidence. Neither the law nor the Charter compels me to do otherwise. In fact, the matter could have been solved entirely in private with none the wiser. As I've said already, you're mistaking courtesy for bias", he puts bluntly, then "Either way, if I were to follow your imaginative interpretation, then you'd be joining the trial alongside Kaze and Shodan. Or do you believe that I missed your impromptu High Speech performance right in front of the Hierarch?"
    Star almost gets him to laugh, "No, but we can buy a couple of boxes of donuts and really get in character"

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I'll give this scene about 24 hours before I close it. We can move onto Path scenes and so on in the New Year.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread