(1910) Edward and Aiden

THREADID

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward's eyes follow Aiden's gesture, "I quite understand, I've only just gotten my bearings, yet so many remain unmet."

Shock played briefly across his eyes when he heard the phrase Pricus followed by Black. "Her poise is admirable. I've no doubt you also carry yourself well, even if against preference." The man exuded natural charm, part of why Edward approached. And yet his words are careless, confidence backed by talent?

"I agree, of course, more comfortable to dwell on a subject of mutual interest with just two."
    He paused. Now to find what we shall dwell upon, "How are you enjoying the City of Trees, Mr. Whitney?" Edward stole Thomas's phrase, it has a nice ring to it.

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

The thought slips out in a small grin. "Isn't poise second only to secrecy amongst our kind?" That's how they kept the monsters at bay, after all.

"I rather enjoy Sacramento so far. It seems to have dodged the urban decay that has stricken the Midwest. The Kindred and Kine are much more colorful as well." A nod is given towards the large group across the room. "All different types seem to find their way here. Plus, there is so much of the city to explore. I've largely been near Elysium the last month. Getting settled in, and whatnot, but I daresay it's time to branch out and explore." Aiden swirled his hand in the air as if he were holding a glass. "I need to find a good whiskey lounge."

An eyebrow is raised in Edward's direction. "Do you still imbibe Mr. Heinrich? There are some who consider such things a foolish waste of vitae."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward raised an eyebrow, "I couldn't agree more, Mr. Whitney."
    He listened carefully, "one never feels quite at home in a city without doing so, I find myself similarly situated."
    After laughing at the comment about a whiskey bar, Edward answered: "And, pray tell, what else could be a better use? A sad unlife indeed without such things." Nothing like a glass of Whiskey in a smoke-filled room after work.

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

Aiden nodded in eager agreement. He was glad that Edward wasn't the type to totally forego life's little pleasures. "I couldn't honestly tell you a better use. Though, it could be said that by clinging to mortal indulgences we delude ourselves. By refusing to give up such activities we deny our true nature."

A smile crept across the Lord's face. "What would you say to such an argument Mr. Heinrich? I don't subscribe to the belief myself, obviously, but I'm curious to your answer." How did the Daeva view their condition, and kindred attempts to stay connected to the mortal world.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Aiden was endearingly boyish, and despite that, Edward wondered who was older in truth.

"Well, I don't know. Right or wrong, going through unlife with that view is certain to bring alienation and misery. It seems... surely, unpragmatic."
    While he wouldn't say so among polite company, he thought those who made the view self-important upstarts who failed to accept their inferiority and instead found imagined superiority. He didn't care any further for the psychology or philosophy, that pathetic people believed it was counter-argument enough for him.

"I look to those who have endured and see the oldest to be exemplars of courtesy. I would venture to add that to your point regarding poise and secrecy. 'True nature' aside, it is our social dance that enables our existence." And should your steps lack grace? The record spoke for itself.

Edward spoke in perfect deadpan: "but there are more important things to discuss, Mr. Whitney, like Whiskey." He paused to allow a smile, "I was raised on single malt rye, and so am partial, what do you prefer?"

Aiden Whitney
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Allies
    (Finance)
    Barfly
    Contacts
    (Finance)
    Status
    (Master's Degree)
    Aiden Whitney

PRE

Edward's take on the value of the social dance was fairly spot on to Aiden, and he nodded along in agreement. As the conversation was steered back towards alcohol, the Lord's rebuttal was set aside. He would have to engage the Daeva on this topic in private apparently. After all, who didn't enjoy a healthy debate?

"Ryes are rather delicious, Mr. Heinrich. Do you have a single malt one that you recommend?"

"I was raised on Kentucky bourbon, myself. It will always have a special place in my heart and on my shelves."
    A gesture is made, as if Aiden were trying to fish a thought from the air. "There is something of a renaissance happening in American whiskey right now, in my humble opinion. We're finally discovering how to develop the depth and complexity of flavor that is more often found in scotch whiskies. Bourbon, for instance, was a poor man's drink for the longest time, but the distillers have elevated it well."

7. Bump White "Bump" this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Bulliet, if you can get their 2011 especially. I don't think they've ever matched that first year, but 2013 came close."

Edward nodded, seeing in the shifting attitudes and quality of drink what Aiden meant, even if Edward wouldn't phrase it that way himself. "I've never been grabbed by a Kentucky Bourbon, but that's easily remediated by grabbing the right one." He smiled, "if you stumble on a Whiskey bar, let me know. I'm certain trading suggestions will leave us both with new favourites." It was forward of Edward to say, but they were both new, and newcomers were rarely against new contacts.

Closed Thread