THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Giving the other Kindred enough time to register the weaker Beast, the young looking Savage offers a hand while he steels up his own nerve, "I missed last month, so my track record is not up to date. My name is Garrett Prosper," he waits a beat as to whether the man takes it or not. If ignored, he will continue un-phased. He tilts his head with curiosity,

"Just passing through, or have you heard about the little experiment we have going on here?"

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap's eyes shift as the weak Beast makes its approach, tugging the leash on his own as it cries for blood. Instead of rending the youthful Kindred before him Madcap listened, his gaze resting on the man's face. Weathered humanity prevents any sense of warmth on the Bruja's features. He even almost forgets to blink, but as the man gives his name, Madcap would take his offered hand. The shake is firm and sure, complimenting the Bruja's already formidable nature.

"Madcap," he says bluntly, "Just arrived last month."

As Prosper's questioning continues, Madcap offers a smirk.

"Passing through? If I had a nickel..." he says, the Bruja were known for their nomadic tendencies, though Madcap doubted the Garrett truly knew of his blood, "Nah, I intend to be here for the long haul, Prosper. The Ordo Dracul is secure here and the Prince... well, let's just say I'm impressed."

He did not offer any hesitance to mention his covenant affiliation. From what he'd seen the Order was well recieved here and had a certain dominance in many affairs.

"What experiment?" Madcap finally asked, "Is that why I'm wearing a damn suit?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper weighs the reactions, noting the delay of social signals and and alien aura that echoed the Prince. Forcing more social situations might actually be beneficial to this one. The rest of the pieces locked into place with his confirmation of a Covenant and half-formed quip.

"Oh shit," he laughs, "Well, welcome to the pack." He nods towards Lina Moretti,

"You can come to the after party if you want, we have a pretty sweet set up. If you like to drink, I can set you up with at least Nine Rounds. The Grand Wyrm keeps it casual and most of the expectations are set with the rest of the Savages. Most of us are more Dedicated to our studies than the pomp of the First Estate," he says, slipping into code. He waits a longer between his statements, not using his usual tactic of bulldozing other Kindred with layered meanings. If Prosper could get on the Prince's level, Madcap shouldn't be too different.

"You tagged the right Domain; the Prince gets it. Suiting up once in a while is a pretty easy tithe, I was talking more along the lines of blending political circles. You can avoid the usual headaches."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap listens as Garrett talks. And talks. The magnetic Kindred confirmed his own affiliation wiith the Ordo Dracul. Madcap doubted he would lie in curt and well within earshot of Lina Moretti.

"The Grand Wyrm says she's gonna invite me up. Get me settled," he says, keeping his answers short, as is his nature, "That so? I imagine it ain't easy for certain cousins then."

Madcap knew Mable wasn't a Dragon. She had admitted as much. Curious then to see the Priscus still endured in a Family dominated by the interests of the Order and their studies.

To the final point Madcap simply shrugged.

"Fair enough, at least I got the suit now anyway,"
    he says. The suit would likely be a go to for these occasions. "You been here long, Prosper?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper's attention drifts as other Beasts enter Court. He gives a nod and a half-wave to Prince Alessandra Antinori, noting a while back she wasn't appreciative of bows. He was about to give his intimidating cousin a break, when the surprising hook to carry on the conversation is presented.

"Hm? Just a few months. It is not hard to establish if you are not a waste of space," he says. "Heard good things about you. I just needed to put a face to the name when you were not at the pack meeting. If you are good to go, I do not need to bother you," he chuckles, giving the Kindred an out as he considers the Prince. Different wolf from Atticus, anyway. He radiated danger rather than the other's nervous impatience.

Not someone he wanted to bother further than necessary...unless he had a reason.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

It was hard for the Bruja not to note the arrival of the Prince. As she descended to the bottom of the stairs, Madcap even straightened up, no longer leaning on the wall. Then the Savage uncrossed his arms and offered Alessandra a deep nod. One might even call it reverence. After watching her for a moment, the Bruja returned his attention to Prosper.

As he spoke, Madcap would again return to his previous position, his arms once more crossed and form leaning against the wall.

"Relax, Prosper," he said bluntly, "If I thought you were bothering me I wouldn't be subtle. Far as I can tell, I got no cause to oust you."

His gaze would look to the assembled Kindred.

"Course if you wanna peacock around, you'd find better conversation with others I'd reckon,"
    he said.

Thus, the invitation to end the conversation was returned to Prosper's hands. Madcap didn't give a fuck if he stayed or not. If he did, the Bruja was sure they'd find something to talk about. After all, Prosper seemed adept at it all. Conversation that is. However, if he wanted to seek out new company, Madcap wouldn't be bothered.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Oust?" he quirks an eyebrow, "I just got the wrong read. Most of us do not exactly preen with attention," he chuckles.

"I was actually seeing if the Prince wanted to join." She wanted to talk, but the Savage was stupidly busy these days. Squeezing in chat in Court unless it was business was the reason why he attended these things. "I would ask what you are looking to accomplish, but topics on resumes bore the shit out of me. Have you been having any fun yet?"

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap watched as Rebecca Simmons greeted Alessandra Antinori, halting any want the Prince may have possessed to join him an Garrett.

A slight frown arose in his features, but Madcap assumed the older looking Kindred must have had some power here. He doubts the Prince would give her the time otherwise if she did intend to join them.

When Alessandra refers to the woman as Harpy Simmons, it confirms his suspicions.

"Seems someone's alread gotten her attention, Prosper," he says, nodding to the pair as he turns his eyes back to his smaller cousin.

"Same thing as you, I'd wager. Change. I suppose its possible we could have a different way of going about it, but it's why Dragons are as we are, yeah? I think that sums up what I'm after well enough" he said, thankful that it seemed Garrett wanted to skip most of the meet-in-greet crap. At the final question, the Bruja gives a half-shrug.

"I'm sleeping in the ground most days and occasionally a closet," he says plainly, "Could have better digs, but I ain't that worried. My nights are pretty fulfilling, I guess. I hunt when I'm hungry or bored and so far I've managed to keep my head out of anyone's ass. So I'm alright."

Then came a crooked finger from Vivian York . The woman's conversation with her partner, Elettra Vitale, had been close enough for him to learn her place in Sacramento. The Seneschal. It seemed she wanted his attention, so she called for him as one might a servant or a dog.

Unfortunately, Madcap was neither. Even in this den of Kindred bureaucracy, the Bruja held fast to his pride and sense of self. He would come when he wanted, not when called. After all, he had done nothing so far that would warrant negative attentions in court. Why would he rush off to satisfy someone's curiousity.

9. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper grins at Alessandra, "I do not envy her." At Madcap's mention of his sleeping habits, his attention comes back,

"Well, there is enough space that you can maintain whatever you want, really. We do not really give a shit where you sleep, though the knowledge that the area has security measures takes some of the distraction away."

The Savage tracks the exchange between the Seneschal and Madcap, and he quirks a brow at the Daeva. "Looks like you are not in any hurry to dispel that," he laughs in response to the mention of dodging brown-nosing.

His head tilts for a moment when Krieg and Lina speak of him being a potential Deputy. His lazy spirit bulks and the idea of further wrangling the Domain's cats. The conversation with Moretti assessing his ability to report, her view on Dragons and officers, her suggestion that directing would help him, and complimenting his contributions suddenly clicks.

Bitte nicht.

"If hunting is your thing, were you looking at helping the Grand Wyrm with law enforcement? Or did you want to stay completely off the grid?"

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap offers a nod, glancing briefly back to the Prince as Garrett expresses his lack of envy for her position's... need for availability.

"I don't either," he says, "Sifting through that Game? Nah, makes me antsy."

Garrett's response to his display of independence cause Madcap to offer a half-smile. It seems the magnetic Gangrel had an appreciation for autonomy. It was something Madcap could get behind.

"I ain't a dog,"
    he said in response to Garrett's statement, his tone impassive as he gave a half-shrug, "She'd have sent a runner or hollered if it was important, I wager." He understood why the Seneschal wanted to speak with him: check off a new face on the list. Madcap simply didn't want to play with bureaucrats. He would go to her in time. On his terms. Otherwise, she could seek him out on her own. For now, Madcap was talking with Family and Blood was more important to the Bruja.

Madcap would smirk as Garrett notes the conversation of Moretti and her massive Deputy, "Ears burnin', Garrett?" he asks, his rhetoric complimented by a faintly amused expression.

"If the Sheriff feels I fit the bill, I'm sure she'll reach out. She's a blunt enough sort," he says as the conversation turns to contributions beyond Blood and Order, "and if she does ask, well... that's a conversation for then. Depends on expectations and liberties. Blood and Order first. If the position could help in either... we'll see."

Then there is a pause as the Bruja studies Garrett, as if assessing his own thoughts on the Savage before him.

"And you, Garrett?" he asks, "Do you intend to pursue security or do you have more present concerns?"

Madcap had heard the whispers and talk on this night. It seemed tonight, a Keeper would be chosen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread