Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Amnesia is not an Acceptable Plot Device

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Maybe so." Jordan responded to Ruby. He pointed to a red knot. "This is the Kruegen sanctum, where I raided the library."

Then he pointed to the Museum. "But here is where the Goldman would be. No knot. So we're talking about a pattern that goes beyond ley line convergence."

Jordan jumped a little bit, like getting an electric shock. Ley lines...Seers."

"Ley lines. Seers. Tearing ages, Ruby. The book.!"

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Well the Museum doesn't have a Hallow, if I'm not mistaken." She could be mistaken, but she's just trying to help the thought process along.

Which doesn't seem necessary! Wow, okay. Calm down, Jordan.

"I'm sorry, slow down Jordan. I don't understand. What book? The Journal?"

Jordan took a deep, disciplined, cleansing breath. His sad eyes were focused now, looking at the party.

"It is the reason I went to the park in the first place, I remember that. I worked out the linguistic drift and translated the journal. Aside from the fact that I have grist for an incredible paper on linguistic variations in runes and sigils, listen....it is a spell annal, folks, a grimoire of sorts. It discusses the efforts of multiple generations of mages and their apprentices to Awaken Proximi. The effort is to accomplish this through bombardment with ley line energy. In the last few generations, they have used soul stones to temper the process.

Rosh

PRE

"English man." Rosh looks incredibly interested, but also equally confused.

"Where is this Book?"

Jordan looked at Rosh. "In my safe in my apartment."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Aren't the Proximi some sort of what-you-call-it, Italian frog monster? Why would the Seers want to wake those up?"

Jordan shook his head, unable to hold back a smile. "No, Ruby, the Italian frog monster was my high school biology teacher, Mr. Parinello."

"Proximi are Sleepwalkers, guys. Mortals that are not fully Asleep. They can recognize and experience magic without being able to spellcast. They are full of potential...if the Seers succeed in their experiments finally, they can recruit their own army. We would be outnumbered and could be possibly overwhelmed. I don't think I'm exaggerating."

Rosh

PRE

Tell a Libertine that there might be a way to mass media Awakenings- "So, this is how bad? The last time those Seer bastards tried something it evolved the Diamond away from quadrilaterals."

Rosh traces a finger on the table. "Maybe our alternate future was such an attempt. Only instead of Awakening Proxi-Sleep walkers. It made them monsters." Monsters that ripped and ate and clawed and tore limb from limb.

"We have to stop this before it's tried again."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"OH." Ruby feels a little silly. "Well that makes a lot more sense, now. The Wise've been dreamin' for aeons to know how it is that Souls are Awoken. It'd be powerful knowledge if it came into our hands - " Oh, right. Everyone dies. "'Course, right. It could blow up in their faces, in our faces. So let's figure out everything we can and present it to Tyria. Startin' with what those red dots might be."

Rosh

PRE

"Kruegans, The Bridge, and Bell. Things they have in common. Enemies of the Pentacle have had a claim on them. These other dots may be similar." That is three marks. Rosh works to approximate the other four on one of the maps. Were they close to other Penticle bases? What of Discovery Park?

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread