Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
THREADID

After work

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jolene laughs, "oh no, I didn't mean it like that..."

Though, comparing her own Wal-Mart brand white tank, ripped jeans, and cowgirl boots to Nyda's more thought out attire made her reconsider her statement.

"Shop hours are eight to six," she answers, finding relief in the change of subject. "And, no prob, it's always good to find another girl interested in our line of work. Sometimes I get to feelin' I'm the only one y'know?"

Nyda tucks the paper into a pocket in her skirt and nods. "Oh yeah I know how that is. I've been hitch-hiking cross-country for like four years now. You would not believe how many hicks there are out there who swear "No girl knows nothin' about no cars. That's a man thing, lil darlin'". I swear if I have to ever hear that crap again I'll go postal!" She rolls her eyes in an exasperated manner.

"Or better yet, the city boys who seem to think that just because they happen to have a computer they can hook up to the car they can fix anything. Granted, don't get me wrong, the computers help if you have to remove half the engine to figure out the problem, but sometimes just using your eyes helps. Oh and the pretty boys are the worst. They seem to think the girls that know anything about cars were made specifically for them to conquer." She shudders at this last statement. "Most of them are as slimy as the oil they work with."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Jolene nods in agreement and chuckles lightly at Nyda's attempt at a southern draw. "Well, this un-believer is an over weight New Yorker that tries his best to seem as Italian as possible even though there's no telling where is family is actually from. "I never met a lady dat’s good wit caas and seeing as yous a lady….eeh…Forghetahboutit,"" she says, mustering the best impression of her boss's accent she had.

My Friend Vinnie

Nyda laughs. "Well then I just might have a foot in the door. I was raised in New York. They're all a bunch of pussies, to be honest. Every last one of 'em wants to be Mr. Big-Bad-Mobsta type and yet they still can't say no to a pretty face. It's just a matter of presenting your case right."

Already she has ideas running through her head on how to approach the man. Maybe she should be aggressive with him? Will be hard to tell until she actually meets the man.

She turns her thoughts back to Jo. "So, you lived here a long time then?"

"Oh he'll love that. All he does is talk about how things were sooo much better in New York," Jolene says, rolling her eyes slightly.

Then in response to Nyda's question, "nope, I'm new here to. All the more reason why Vinnie might give you a hard time, hehe, he just hired me last month. I, uh, a lot changed when my dad died... I left my hometown in Texas and spent some time in the desert just gettin' my thoughts sorted then I moved here. There's a lot a coyote can teach ya' 'bout life when the chips are down." With this she looks away. Her eyes seem thoughtful as she remembers howling a song for the moon with the wild wolves and coyotes of the desert all in time with each other. They never, truly, accepted her presence and that's why she needed to be with a pack of her own.

Nyda frowns, studying Jo for a long moment.

Changed? Why would she emphasize things changing? Of course a lot changed, your dad died. That will rock anyone's world.

She isn't really sure what to say at this point and kind of feels sorry she asked. Obviously the wound of her fathers death was not even close to healed.

They must have been close. She decides. Maybe she'll feel better on some food and a few drinks?

"Hey ummm...." She looks down at her newpaper suddenly, something seems to be very interesting about it. "I'm starving. I've been here all day, like I said. You wanna go grab a bite and maybe a drink or two? My treat. It's the least I can do for all the help. Maybe you know a good place around here?"

Jolene shakes off the eerie memories about the time after her First Change and looks to Nyda appologetically. "Sorry, sometimes I get all lost in my thoughts. That sounds great, though, shouldn't I be buying?" She asks, the gestures towards the help wanted ads Nyda had been looking through. "I don't know many restaurants around here but I sure could use a nice meaty steak right about now." Her stomach growls at the idea.

Nyda shakes her head with a smile. "Nah, I knew it would take me a while to get a good job so I been saving for quite some time now."

She stands and stratches, thinking about that steak and how good it sounds. "Besides, right before I got here I did this sweet detailing job for this really hot guy. Made a good chunck of change on that one. Not bad in bed either but a bit full of himself."

She looks around for the entrence of the park before turning back to Jo. "So, that steak sounds wonderful. Taxi?"

S
    Sandman

Robert made his way through the park with the catchers net over his shoulder. Taking a moment to reach up and press the button on the handle of his radio that was on his shoulder.

"I think this one got away Mike. Maybe we'll have better luck tomorrow."

He sighed and reached up to take his hat off his head and ran his fingers through his hair a moment before putting the hat back on. glancing around again just on the off chance he spotted the animal that they'd been trying to catch.

L

As Robert glances around he sees the yappy little Dachsund he'd been chasing, as it scampered beneath a bush to make good its (questionable) escape to the bench on the other side of it.

Meanwhile Nyda and Jolene have their conversation interrupted by the shrill and relentless barking of the small dog that has, for reasons known only to its over-excited mind, begun running in circles around them.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last