(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

As they left Treasured, Nightfall reverted to sign. It was easier for her, easy for him, and less chance of being overheard talking about such unusual things.

"So Katrin says that man wasn't Crunk and wants me to find him. I was thinking of going to his house first?"

He was mainly thinking that because he didn't have any other ideas.

[banner]nf[/banner]

Asia frowns and motions to her car. She unlocks the door for him and then gets behind the wheel. She considers the question, but isn't sure if she fully comprehends what Nightfall is saying.

"Give me directions and we will go there. You can explain more on the way, starting with how Katrin knows that wasn't Crunk. And if it wasn't him, then who the hell was it?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

The house is a fair distance away, one of the mansions outside of the inner city itself that has its own curvy driveway, high walls, heavy gates and intercomms to get in.

It gives them plenty of time to converse enroute, although signing will need some multi-tasking talent to avoid any unnecessary heavy braking.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall gives Asia the directions, and then ponders her question.

"She said the man in the hospital didn't act like Crunk," he finally signed, blushing slightly. From what Katrin had insinuated, he was glad he had waited outside.

"We don't know who it was," he added verbally. The slight blush faded into confusion. "I have no idea what's going on."

Asia glaces at him as she drives, confused by the blush. Were he and Katrin.......?

She shakes her head, putting it out of her mind. It wasn't any of her business and they had so many more important things to figure out. Like why the Spring Soverign was being imporsonated.

"All right." She says, thinking and watching the road. "Baybe we will find sobething in his house that will tell us what the hell is going on."

She is quiet again for a long time knowing it will take a while to get to Crunk's place. The questions burn in her mind and she pushes each one away as it comes to her, assuming he had very little more information then she did. Finally, her face darkening at some jerk who decides to cut her off, she goes around the guy and turns to look at Nightfall for a moment.

"Why are you blushing? And how are you supposed to find the Spring King if you have no idea what's going on either?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"I think the Crunk imposter made a pass at the Katrin imposter," Nightfall replied, blushing again.

Sex didn't make him uncomfortable; far from it. Crunk not knowing Katrin was not Katrin... and even he'd been able to tell from Dorian-Katrin's backside that the changes had not been complete. Not that he was an expert on Katrin's backside, but he certainly didn't mind looking when the opportunity presented itself.

"I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find him," he admitted. "The Queen thinks I'm resourceful." At that, he looked over at Asia with an I-have-no-idea-why expression.

Asia begins to laugh. She can't help it. She knows exactly why Katrin finds Nightfall resourceful, but explaining it to him would be difficult as she wasn't sure she could put it into words.

"You have a cobpetent air about you." She says, still laughing. She sobers a bit and glances at him again. "Well, his hobe is a good place to start then. We bay find sobething of use. If not, where would you like to try next? I know very little about the Spring King other then people cobplain that he is loud and obnoxious."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall found her words surprising. Other than when he performed, he didn't think he had a competent air. So much for his Mantle keeping him from being noticed.

"I don't know," he said. "The only other place I know of that Crunk's involved with is Club Ember..."

"...Or we could talk to Swilla?"

If Katrin had noticed funny behavior, surely the Beast had, as well. And Katrin had mentioned him.

Asia thinks about this for a while before responding.

"How long has it not been Crunk?" She asks. Was Crunk taken by a loyalist perhaps and given back to his Keeper? How long had it been since he came out of the hedge?

There were a number of questions that needed answers but she doubted Nightfall new any of them. Why would Katrin pick someone not of the Spring Court to find him?

"WHy are we looking for hib? Why are the Spring Courtiers not on this as well?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall shrugged. "Because Katrin told me to," he replied, then threw his hands up in exasperation. He had already told the woman he didn't know anything, and the incessant stream of questions made him wonder if she had misheard.

Patiently, he signed, "I don't know anything. She just told me to find the Spring King. That's all."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread