Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani sits in her office looking through some financials as she waits for Jayant to arrive. She had told a little white lie on the phone. She wasn't doing any paperwork dealing with the Lily, she was looking through her own portfolio to make sure she had the funds to move around for her business venture. She'd decided she wanted her own place of business a few months ago and had just now gotten the time to start looking into it.

She is going to have to call Oliviette soon and speak with the woman about getting some of the more complicated aspects set up. She wasn't sure how Asa had managed to get all of the Millar assets bundled together, but she knew her own business would have to be added.

She shuffled through the paperwork once more before replacing them in their manilla folder and sliding them in the top drawer of her desk. She isn't exactly looking forward to Jayant's visit since she knew what he wanted to talk about, but she'd promised to assist him before and she can't very well take that back now.

She flips on the TV and switched it to ESPN. Asa had gotten her used to hearing the background noise and she'd listened to the football chatter for so long now, she almost understood the game.

She leans back in her chair and waits for the knock on the door.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant pulls up somewhere nearby but at a distance from the Lily so he could spend some time in the fresh air for a while, gathering his thoughts. If he had a heartbeat, it would be going two to the dozen as his father used to say, and butterflies would be swarming in his stomach. Sighing at his own inadequecies upon reaching the club and slips in easily, his apparent lack of any notice coming to his aid once more. Completely aware of where Ishani's office is, Jayant glides there easily, knocking upon the door lightly and waiting to enter.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani stands and walks to the door, hitting the mute button on the remote as she passes the TV. She opens the door with a smile.

"Come on in." She says lightly and indicates the couch. "Have a seat."

She closes and locks the door behind him, not wanting anyone to just barge in on them before moving to a chair next to the couch. After she has settled herself, she nods to Jayant. "All right, what's the verdict?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

With a smile, Jayant enters and stands before her, the smile quickly fading as Ishani takes her seat.

Straight to business.

"Circe and the new arrival, Cassandra, performed a ritual. Once finished, the Hierophant gave me these letters to pass onto yourself." After handing the notes to Ishani, he remains silent, waiting for his orders.

The Hierophant's Letters

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani reads the letters and then stares at them for a while. She considers the information and how it could relate to what happened in the Chapter House and Rahyna. She looks up at Jayant. "I remember O-Yama saying something about experiments and a labratory in that dream we all seem to have had. He said they were asking him questions about us and what we could do. They experimented on him, as was apparent by his appearance in the dream. I wonder......the things that have infested the chapter house also seem to be some odd experiment involving ghouls or something close to it. I also know that Rahyna was taken by them and is being held somewhere in the city. Do you think perhaps they could be held in the same place, along with all the other kindred that have gone missing?"

The information in the letters was extremely important and Ishani folds them back up and tucks them into her back pocket before giving her attention back to Jayant. "Did you happen to talk to Circe about what happened at the Crone Temple the other night too? Are you still recovering? Were there any more ill effects from that hit you took?" She knew she was pappering him with questions, but she needed the information and she was also hoping he would tell her he's ok. Sometimes one had to pull the information from Jayant to get anything.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Mentally reversing over the questions, Jayant feels it prudent to start at the end and work to the start, firstly by lifting his top to reveal no wound before lowering it once again.

"Circe looked me over, prodding and poking at the wound until she was satisfied and said that it would be fine for me to heal it, so I did just that. It was a stain that I do hope not to get anytime soon. As for the temple, I explained as much as was necessary for her to work with but left out..." his voice trails off as he breaks eye contact, unsure how (if at all) embarrased Ishani may be regarding her reaction to the worm-creature. "Well, you get the gist. At the moment, I'm at a loss for how to prepare the temple for Elysium but this matter with ol' O-Yama seems more pressing. I miss the one-eyed bastard and feel its time to get him back."

Have I gone too far? he thinks suddenly aware that he has cursed out loud, his eyes widening.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to swear. This whole situation is infuriating and I crave to simply help as best I can. Sometimes I only want.....well, it doesn't matter." Jayant leans forward to rest his hands on the table, regaining his composure. "All that matters is cutting the heart out of whomever is behind this and showing it to them as it still beats."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani frowns, not understanding this man at all. "It does matter, you know. Well, it matters to me anyway and therefore it matters."

She leans forward in her chair and fixes him with a look that she knows he will be unable to ignore. "We will find O-Yama and I think Circe just gave me the clues I needed. I think we should probably grab one or two other people before we go looking."

She considers her next words carefully, not wanting to give him too much information, mainly because she didn't have it all herself. "I've mentioned before when I was attacked by the substance from the Lost Nights it changed me. How it made that change I don't know, but I remember that it burned. It was like I had molten lava running through my veins instead of vitae and I felt it over every inch of my body. When that thing showed up in the temple, I felt the same burning. It.......turned my blood somehow, into something else, something venomus to kindred. I don't know if I can explain it any further then that. When I felt that sensation again I just wanted to get away from it. I didn't know what it was going to do to me next. It's already cost me the connection I used to have with Yama. I don't want it to cost me the connections I have made here with other kindred." She pauses, debating on whether or not she should continue.

"I've felt a constant anger eating at my soul since I woke up from the Lost Nights. I've been hoping that it will go away, but it has only gotten stronger. I am afraid that it will cost me everything I have built here. I need to find the people that did this to me so I can get some answers from them about what their substance did.

That is why I ran from the temple. I couldn't stand the thought of losing........everyone I have right now."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

As Jayant stands in Ishani's office, listening intently, he feels the vibration of the phone in his pocket and, seeing it is Circe, apologizes to his Priscus before answering.

"Hello, this is Jayant."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani's eyes narrow in obvious irritation. She stands and goes to her desk. She pulls out a notepad and paper and begins to write on it while Jayant finishes his oh so important phone call.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant hangs up and slips his phone back into his jacket. He didn't seem to notice the sudden chilled air.

"The Hierophant sends her regards. She also claims to have found a weakness in these worms."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread