Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Doggonit

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Selena

The Sacramento SPCA had a few cars in the lot, but no customers or possible owners. The animal transportation vehicles were lined up with two missing as they could tell.

Inside held wall to wall bulletin boards. Posters of missing animals, things to look out for regarding animals, pet food that was recalled or some laws for owning pets like leash laws. No one was at the front desk when they arrived. There was depressor bell that had it’s typical sign ‘ring for help’, glued down to the counter. But considering the front doors were open, someone was probably not far.

Despite being a clean facility, the smell of cages, animals, stale pet food and everything animal related was present. It wasn’t dirty or unhealthy, but it was the scents that were expected in a state run animal shelter.

Alex Rivers

The vibe at the animal shelter is about as depressing as Alex expected, but he's just be glad to be out of that... machine. He's already started thinking of the car as "Christine," even though he knows that's probably unfair to Keith and to... him, her, it? But he can't help himself while riding around in something that appears to have driven into town straight from the midnight to 2 AM time slot on AMC...

He tries to forget about the impending return trip in Chris... in Keith's ride and focus on the business at hand.

Might as well start with the obvious stuff...

Alex walks up to the big bulletin board and starts to take an inventory of the posters, especially those that have to do with lost... and found... pets.

M
    MrDream

Keith took a deep breath as he followed Alex into the pound that had been one of his networking centers since he had come to town.

Ah, the smells of kibble and life, so much safer than burning meat.

His particular stomping grounds, where he helped care for dogs, ran training classes, and not coincedentally met prospective clients was in the dog kennels just down the hall and to the left. He hadn't come here to play with the dogs though, he'd come here to get Alex into the phone room to try and get to the bottom of this hedge pet situation. However, instead of heading back that direction, Alex seemed to be checking out the walls...

"Oh! I'm so used to just walking by those."

He pulled out the cell phone he'd taken from Rumble's glove box and fumbled with it for a bit to get the camera function open. If he took pictures of promising flyers Alex finds, they won't need to try and write all the info down to later reference numbers and addresses. They can also make plans as he assists with Alex's investigation of the flyers.

"The phone room is back there. Is it OK if I introduce you as a reporter tracking down a story about a surge in stolen pets?"

Keith is not exceptionally familiar with the phone room, but he's made a couple contacts there.

S
    Selena

There's still no one up at the front of the area main desk yet, but there's light chattering and movement elsewhere.

OOC

Alex Rivers

Alex pulls out his notebook and takes down information on the posters that seem relevant, focusing on any that might deal with exotic species, rare dog and cat breeds, show animals and any other pets that had a high dollar value.

He nods in response to Keith's suggestion. Keeping his voice down, he answers. "Yes we can do that, although we'll have to be careful because I have no credentials. I'll let you take the lead, since you've been here before and know people."

He'll need to get some business cards made if he's going to make a habit of doing stuff like this...

M
    MrDream

"I didn't even know reporters had credentials. But I guess I never paid much attention to who wrote or investigated for the newspaper."

His only passing interest had been in checking to see if his pranks had been mentioned therein... the details and ecosystem the media otherwise escaping his attention entirely.

"Do they have flunkies, or folks who gather info for the writers?"

When all the investigation and recording of flyers is done, Keith leads Alex back to the phone area, stopping anyone he meets to ask if the folks he knows are around today.

S
    Selena

It wasn't long before someone walked out into the area to spot the two standing there. The woman saw that the people didn't look lost and needed something. There was nothing unusual going about at least in this neck of the building.

"Hello sirs, may I help you with something? It's always a good day for an adoption!"

Alex Rivers

"Yes, there are stringers and freelancers who are hired to do specific stories or assignments by newspapers."

That is going to be Alex's "cover story," but the shelter worker appears before he can completely explain that to Keith. As planned, he waits for Keith to take the lead. Hopefully he knows this person...

Alex Rivers

Apparently the person manning the desk is not one of Keith's contacts...

"Hello. My name is Alex Rivers. I'm a reporter and I'm working on a story about animal thefts and a possible exotic animal smuggling ring. I'd like to talk with the staff here and find out if anyone has seen or heard anything unusual."

Should I continue in this thread solo?

S
    Selena

Hey guys! Just doing a little retcon because of a mixed message. I'm going to delete these two posts. Sorry about the confusion.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.