(SC 2016) Inside the Rose Garden

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Making her way inside, Lynn sat at one of the tables and waited for the rest of the Court to arrive. There were many things to discuss today. She just hoped that they would all end up the best for everybody involved.

T

Entering the Rose Garden building and finding another Spring seated with a refreshingly strong Mantle Artemis smiled and placed his well filled plate on the table.

"Hello my dear. Artemis Wescott, at your service." He said giving a respectful nod. "I'm new to town, but I hear there's a bit of a to-do around the Sovereigns." he said with some concern taking a seat and looking at his plate of food forlornly, not wanting to disrespect the other Spring Courtier in front of him by eating in front of her.

Helen ducks into the building after Artemis, letting out a sigh of relief. The gathering here is less dense, thankfully, at least for now. She tries to banish her recent panic from her mind as she moves to sit beside the giant.

"Well if it isn't Artemis Wescott, my hero from the market!" She offers him a grateful smile, after all seeing him has just saved her again, this time from the slings and arrows of social awkwardness. With that, she turns her attention to Lynn, offering her a smile as well, "Hello my dear. I'm Helen, Helen Powers." She inhales deeply, savoring the smell of rain and dust, "I'm new to the city, but I think we might both share a love spring."

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn looked up and smiled warmly at the gentle giant approaching her. "Yes, since they chose to step back, we are in the unique position of choosing the next Monarch to rule the Season." She glanced at the plate he was now trying to ignore and shook her head. "Please, feel free to eat. It's quite good, and would be a shame to waste it."

She leaned back, turning her smile towards Helen as the woman introduced herself. "Welcome to Sacramento. I do hope you're both settling in ok?"

6. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

"Artemis! Helen!" the fawn greats with a brilliant smile as she enters the room, delighted upon seeing those that she knew, at least in passing. "I do not think we have met." the wizened offers her hand to Lynn. "I am Daisy Wen, and my companion is Sly. We came to the Freehold just in time for the Winter Coronation." Daisy offers with a demure smile. Still unsure how she should feel about the Queen she had made her Pledge to the Freehold, only to have that coldly beautiful women leave. Daisy hadn't even met the former Queen of Spring before they all left. It's a good thing she knows better to speak ill of people, and more imprtantly not to do the same to the Sovereigns-that-Fled. Especially in the hearing of those who would dislike to hear of such things.

Daisy took a moment just to smile a silly smile, and delight in the feeling of their mantles mingling.

After a moment, in which Sly rolled his eyes in the most feline way, and curled in a ball. None of this was of any importance to the cat, Daisy speaks up, "How will we decided just who dons the Antler Crown?" the fawn asks, curiosity light within her eyes. It would be a lie to say that she didn't Desire the Crown, and just who but she would match Crown to Mien? But she also knew that her ties to Spring were newly forged, and they were not the strongest within the Freehold.

T

"Helen darling! Glad you found the place as well." Artemis said warmly, turning to smile at the diminutive woman.

"Oh yes settling in very well thank you. I'm quite glad to be here in Sacramento. Though I've just come from Nevada, so I'm glad to be anywhere. HA Ha ha ha!" He let out a raucous laugh at his own little joke, stolen from a stand up comedian he had once heard. Artemis' attention was now diverted from his food with the prospect of choosing a new Monarch, despite the permission to eat.

"Daisy! Welcome! A very good question indeed, but one that I think comes first is; Who are the candidates? I hope you'll excuse my lack of knowledge about the local freehold but, the only Emerald Courtiers I have met or know of are in this room." The sandman added in a more serious, yet still relaxed tone. "Who among us is capable and willing to fill this auspicious position?"

Helen feels wholly relaxed beside Artemis, comfortable for the first time since her arrival at the Rose Garden. She graces Lynn with an unguarded smile as she answers, "It's a wonderful city. And I'm so lucky to have met some of its fine residents." She pats the sandman on his arm, looking ridiculously small beside him.

Daisy's arrival provokes a gasp of delight from the elderly wizened, who clasps her ink-stained hands before her. "Daisy! You look glorious! Between yourself and this dashing man" she nods toward Artemis "Terri's work is getting a fine showing!" To see the fawn resplendent in her new garment makes Helen feel warm and proud, happy to have had some part in it. Her cousin deserves to feel as beautiful as she is, without concern for how she got that way.

And now the reason for this whole event is becoming clear to her. She knew, intuitively, that something important was happening at the Rose Garden, but had yet to puzzle things out. She looks back to Lynn, her mouth an 'O' of surprise. "Well, it seems like this is quite the moment." She nods along with Artemis' sentiment, clearly in the same boat. "Well, as the man says Artemis, 'To make a start, / out of particulars'--we need the particulars my dear and then perhaps we may do our part, whatever that may be." She looks back to Lynn, her black within black eyes shining, ready to absorb whatever information is passed along.

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn nodded in appreciation of Helen's spontaneous poem. "To start with the particulars then." Lynn spread her hands out to include everybody currently seated at the table. "I am volunteering to step into the role. Currently I've served for the past year as the Emissary for the Verdant Court and I've lived in Sacramento for the past two years. I'm also serving as the Steward for the Freehold, but I shall resign that position if any feel it to be a conflict of interest. Of the two other Verdant Court members who have not yet arrived - one is Cosmia Tascioni, or Coco as she prefers to be called. Her mantle isn't as strong as mine, but she is currently serving as Claviger of Spring and is a fierce defender of the Court. I don't know if she plans to volunteer for the position. The other member of the Court would be Juno Mantserra. Her mantle is as strong as my own, but she's not been in the Freehold for a full turn of the seasons and I personally would not feel comfortable with her serving as Queen without a very good reason."

Lynn nodded to the other three. "Do any of you have any questions, either for me or about the others? As for the process, I believe it can be as complicated as we want it to be, although I would prefer a simple vote."

@Dusan Cayce

11. Likes Pixie Styx, Forn Clakes liked this post

Juno popped a breath mint into her mouth before approaching the others - she had been vaping on the way to the Rose Garden and she didn't want to give the impression of not having any consideration for those who didn't care for such a vice. Your Desires Are Your Own notwithstanding, there was that matter of keeping her Feline sense of proper deportment in order.

Pausing in front of the table, the Queen of the Most Elegant Quills smiled, taking care to not show her rows of sharp teeth in full, as there were other things Manticores were known for besides the quills in their tails.

"Hello Lynn. I hope that things are well with you. I do see a number of new faces here today, my name is Juno and I wish perhaps to learn yours. I truly hope that all goes smoothly today with this business of selecting a Sovereign."

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

"Yes, Helen. I'm very glad that I choose this." she motions to the beautiful dress she was wearing. Still feeling slightly self conscious about her legs, but she wanted the dress. She wanted to wear this dress. Then Lynn begins her speech after Helen's impromptu poem.

The Manticores arrive before Daisy could take a breath to speak. "Hello Ms Mantiserra. I am Daisy Wen." she introduces, "This is Sly." she says pointing at the sleeping cat at her hooves. Only Coco missing now. "And I do wish that our discussion goes smoothly as well." Daisy takes a moment to study those around her. "Ms Mills has already volunteered herself for the crown. As I understand it your ties to Spring match hers, would you desire the crown?" Daisy asks to be polite, but knows with what Lynn said of the manticores it was unlikely that she would gain the crown, even if it was her desire.

"Ms Mills, would you also step away from the role as Sylvan Emissary were you to don the mantle of the Verdant Queen?"

Daisy falls silent after her question, but then a thought germinates and becomes a question. "Ms Mills do you want to be Queen?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread