Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The songstress shook her head and smiled to Juan.

”You mistake intent Priscus Cordoba.” She states plainly.

”My intention is that both of us work on recruiting ALL of our cousins to the Invictus.” She allowed her words to sink in.

”Weather they are of any use to you or not Priscus Cordoba.” Her voice was firm but it wasn’t meant to be a rebuke, more of a declaration of intent.

”Weather Mr. Black’s skill for sculpture is that of a Michaelangelo or that of a plumber, which is most likely… I would like to see him join the First Estate.” That was it, just it.

”That’s how you will secure your place as a Lord in the First Estate and that’s how our family will grow in strength… from then on you will groom them one by one, you can even sponsor Mr. Black with a studio and with tenancy, after all he has an eternity to become good at whatever he does.” There, word by word. That he had lacked the forethought to see it through was a sort of disappointment to Velma.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

2. Likes Cryotic, Kelreth, West, Lesingnon, Benji, Matamune liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan listened to Velma's clarification and nodded. "I understand your interest with Mister Black."

The Priscus leaned forward in his seat, "Allow me to play Devil's advocate here." His eyes leveled with hers, "You want all of Clan Daeva to join the First Estate. I foresee a problem with that. One," he held up his index finger on his right hand, "A Cousin may already have existing membership with another Covenant. More importantly, they may have an unyielding interest with their association. Naturally, no one likes poachers."

Holding up his middle, presenting two digits, "Two, we ought not become myopic with this operation. There is always a black sheep in the family. That would not bode well for the Invictus. Surely there are others not of our Blood that we can scout."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Succubus nods sagely.

”All very valid concerns, yet easily addressed.” Velma waves her hand dismissing any notion of hindrance.

“We, the Invictus, we have ways of dealing with more unruly members… as for those who stubbornly adhere to other covenants we will just resort to peer pressure.” It was simple, peer pressure and a healthy dosage of discrimination on social events.

”Besides over time they will also start understand which clan members have benefits and which ones don’t… as for members of other clans that we should recruit, there are plenty of candidates… but I would rather talk about them when I know them better…”
    Velma Star*

5. Likes West liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

A brow slowly arched up. "If we are to resort to dealing with unruly members, why should we bother recruiting uncivilized Kindred in the first place?" he replied in suspicion.

"I fail to see the rationale in pressuring those who do not already seek our audience." Cordoba shook his head. "We are the Unconquered for a reason. Our centuries of history has proven that superiority. It is not our priority to go out and entertain every Kindred with a passing interest in our pristine association."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Daeva produces an audible sigh. It was noticeable that she was starting to get exasperated by trying to show her point to Cordoba.

How can it be that difficult to understand? It was obvious for her! Why shouldn’t it be for him? The one with most to gain from it all!

This is what I get for explaining my reasoning… I should have learned with the past and do it like I have done before! Ordering it and giving no mind to others’ opinions. She should have been a Ventrue, she wouldn't feel regret after issuing orders...

”They have a passing interest because we don’t make the First Estate their first priority, if the comfort of their Requiem starts to depend in our pristine association then it will start to become in their best interest to align their goals with ours.” Should she spell it all out again for the man she had put in the position of Priscus?

”We ought to get more members in the Invictus because we ought to control their destinies and because this is what the First Estate is about!" There is a closed fist over the table as the songstress adresses Cordoba. "Power and control! If they believe dancing around a fireplace howling at night or getting holy water sprinkled in their face will improve their Requiem more than it does joining us then we are doing something wrong.” There is a brief pause.

”The strategy is sound!” Her grey eyes imply that this won’t be a point open to more debate.

”Recruit all unaligned in our family, then we use simple peer pressure to get to the others. Prsicus Cordoba you are the last Priscus which belongs to the First Estate. We once held a majority..." Another obvious observation but one that served to show him just how volatile his current situation could be.

"If we don’t solidify your position we might as well be reduced to none… or do you think all of our cousins supported my decision?” The answer was obvious… it had been obvious for her even before she had given the title to him. If allowed to vote her family would have picked Allison, Velma was 100% sure.
    Velma Star*

8. Likes Brownlee, Kelreth, West, Benji liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan stared at Velma. Unflinching and unblinking, a cold response was given. He did not elevate his voice as she had. "Shouting at your Priscus is not going to accomplish anything. More to the point," Cordoba narrowed his eyes at Star. He slowly enunciated each word without mercy, "you chose me." An undeniable fact. He paused for a long moment allowing the severity of that point to be made clear.

The Toreador's gaze did not waver. His voice was stern and composed. "What you have presented to me has been we should recruit more Daeva because we lack Invictus Prisci."

Juan raised his right hand again, his index finger stretching out, "First, I have no issue with grooming Family who is deserving of our privilege. I have been keeping my eyes on the Unaligned. However, not every Kindred is worth bringing into the First Estate."

His middle finger arose, "Second, even if we were to able to stuff the Invictus to the brim with Daeva, it will not balance the scales. Maneuvering Unconquered in other Clans into power is what will resolve your concern."

Cordoba set his hand back down on the table.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Cordoba’s gamble was this?

Hadn’t she given him more than he deserved? Groomed him? Welcomed him into the domain, into the First Estate, offered him priscidom in a silver plate and was now sharing her vision for the future with him as her right hand man and what was he doing? Babbling incoherent neonate bullshit and trying to distort her words and to twist her vision of a bright future where her family and the Invictus would benefit the most.

Inside her the beast convoluted, the usual fear was giving place to anger and frustration. Cordoba’s stubbornness was most aggravating but somehow none of that showed.

The Ravager gave nothing away, not a hint of emotion through the exchange. That would be when wiser kindred would usually become worried. She interlaced her fingers but aside from that there was no movement, just impassive listening. Her eyes finally made contact with Cordoba’s, a terrible contrast with the man’s more emotional display. When he finally quit his gibberish Velma kept them locked onto his until it became uncomfortable and then some.

”Be. Careful.” There is a longer pause between each word, her voice trailling with icy shards and a threatening undertone.

”If you try to take a step larger than your leg someone might end up pulling it from you.”

Intimidate: Veiled threats 6suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-06 17:45:43 Velma Star rolls 15 to Intimidate (veiled threats): man + int + spec + sl + dv + stat + wp (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 5, 1, 10, 3, 3, 1, 8, 8, 7, 10, 3, 2, 2, 6, 8, 9 6 successes

Eventually the Ravager continued.

”You already know my plan. You have until the next Invictus meeting to think about how you can be useful and make part of it.” Like a king might do to a vassal Velma’s delicate hand reached across the table, the songstress was offering Juan a chance to kiss it and show his contrition for his previous behavior.
    Velma Star*

11. Likes Jaqen, West, Lesingnon liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan broke his away, shifting his head away from looking at her. He remained silent for a time. Cordoba spoke in protest, not directly to her. ”You resort to threatening me because I disagree with you. I will credit you, it is a testament to your ruthlessness.”

Finally, he summoned the courage to set his eyes to hers. "You have claimed this Pyrrhic victory." He shifted his sight down upon Star's hand, a momentary pause followed a shake of his head. His voice was heavy with unconcealed displeasure, "However, I will not play a part in your plan."

Cordoba arose from his seat and smoothed out his tie. Looking down upon the songstress, the Toreador spoke with finality, "I am done with you."

2 to resist Velma's scare tactic
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-06 23:33:02 Juan rolls 4 to resist Velma's scare tactic (Res + Comp) (10 Again) 5, 9, 9, 5 2 successes

Unless physically stopped, Juan exits the scene.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

A step larger than your leg it is then…

A grin forms as Juan adjusts his tie and denies his last chance at redemption in her eyes.

As soon as he finishes the Ravager chuckles:

”You are done? With me? She says vehemently, to which an audible chuckle follows.

Ah ah ah ah ah! The chuckle turns into a demonic cackle, rasping in Juan’s ears as he turns away…

”Well I’m far from being done with you, Priscus Cordoba!” She finally warns as the Priscus of clan Daeva exits the room, her cackle can still be heard for a few more moments until it finally becomes impossible to discern amongst other noises.

Scene ends? Good scene
    Velma Star*

14. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread