Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1505) Katya and Richard

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

As her explanation rings out Richard's curiosity begins to peek at the possibilities. He must remind himself to take them each up on their offer to educate him more on their covenants, best case situation he finds acceptance in an organization that could give him something greater than himself to develop his requiem, worst case his suspicions are confirmed which only meant that he would feel even more justified in his crusade against them. When Konrad poses his question about where the 'Dark Mother' stood on the subject of Heaven and Hell Richard listens intently while internally thanking Konrad for breaching the subject so that he didn't need to do so himself. "You two have given me a lot to think about, I can't tell you exactly when at this point, but right now I'm feeling like it's worth hearing you guys out. We should get together soon for that drink, by then I'm sure I will have better questions to ask."

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya looks to Konrad, then to Richard, surprised at the impromptu audience she has. While she has no delusions about Konrad leaving the movement, perhaps Richard is in the right place and right time.

"Hell is here Priscus." she says with a smile to Konrad, spreading her arms outward and gesturing to the entire room, including the white aesthetics designed to represent heaven. "Yes, even there. The Dark Mother says many things...but from my background, we are already in Hell. Our lust for blood and the inner struggle we endure to keep control is the trial we are tasked to explore. everyone has their own way of handling it. experimenting with various tribulations they put themselves through. It all serves the same purpose, enlightenment. It's by accepting each trial, with its failures and successes that we achieve a new level of understanding. One thing is for certain though." she points upward, "We can never return to heaven, or our mortal selves. There is only a further descent that is left for us."

She pauses for a moment to let the words sink in, and then says "I'm open to discussing this over drinks. I would recommend speaking with the Reeve as well as he is our Hierophant and can also answer your questions, perhaps better than I can."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Huh," says Konrad thoughtfully, rubbing his scruffy chin. It is different than the answer he expects from Katya, assuming the Crone didn't invest of the idea of Heaven and Hell. "Understanding through struggle. That's what I usually call trial and error, but then I'm not exactly a philosopher." he remarks with a hint of humor.

"You're right there though, we sure as hell can't go back to the mortal days. Not even sure if I remember them rightly. But again I'm more concerned about the here and now and the nights to come. Forward thinking, and all that. Still, I wouldn't mind going out on a group hunt sometime. Name the place and I'll be there."

Richard tried to keep an open mind while listening to Katya explain her covenants, or more accurately the 'Dark Mothers' take on heaven vs hell. He wasn't in disagreement with her sentiments, quite the opposite actually, but he didn't need a god to tell him that he was damned. If there did indeed exist a heaven for certain none of them, not even a single one, would ever be permitted there. No, Richard didn't need anyone reminding him of the eternity of darkness that awaited him, what could this Dark Mother have to teach him about that? He does choose to keep a pleasant attitude about it though, for now at least it was still interesting conversation that would eventually lead to more things for him to ponder when alone. It was Konrads referral to days in the sun that prompted him to speak again. "I would never go back to being a human, at least not during that time. As cruel and vile as some Kindred can be when they feed, I have seen the evil in the heart of man kind, I have seen what a human would do to feel powerful."

"On a lighter note, I do know of a place called District 30 that is ripe with kine looking to take a ride on the darkside. It never takes much more than a few drinks and coy conversation to convince someone to follow me down a dank ally" he said with a light hearted chuckle.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya nods in understanding of Richard's comment of not wanting to go back, from what she gathers, his mortal life and requiem have been harsh, or at least has left a relatively negative impact on him. Not that it's a walk in the park for other kindred, but she does gather he is on a long path towards self discovery and needs to do it on his own terms.

Upon his suggestion for drinks, she says, "I haven't heard of this place. As long as it's in an area I'm allowed to eat than I'm game." she says.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad frequents a lot of venues in his city walkabouts, all part of being a survivalist and street-savvy dealer. He knows District 30. He draws in close to Richard, his voice lowered. "I've heard of the place. On K Street, right? I know for a fact you haven't fed there before." Konrad looks seriously at Richard after saying this, doing him a solid with unspoken advice. An unbound, just-returned Kindred wouldn't have access to the Rack, so Konrad is nearly certain Richard may have mistaken the venue as part of the Communal Hunting Grounds.

"Pretty sure you're thinking of Coyote Tap House anyways," he adds in a more regular tone to cement the story. "Sounds good, we can meet up there some night soon."

A cursory glance is given Katya, wondering if his cousin caught on to the meaning behind his statement as she's close enough to hear the hushed words.

[SPOILER]Thats what I get for not checking the address of playing on google[/SPOILER]

"Perhaps.." he said averting his eyes between them, "..I was mistaken after all. I believe there to be quite a few lively hot spots in that area" in an effort to save him from further embarrassment Richard precariously veers the conversation in another direction entirely. "So. Uh, Konrad what does your god say about heaven and hell? Are we still just as screwed?" From Konrads discretion he can tell that he had just said something completely off the mark, he is sure that he has fed in that area before without consequence, is it at all possible that he managed to wonder where he ought not, for his own sake he dearly hoped that he was mistaken or else a little cake on the face would be the least of his worries.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad smiles as if nothing odd has been said between them and takes the bait of the subject change maybe a little too quickly. "Heh, the Movement doesn't have a God of our own really. We're tolerant of all Kindred belief systems. But if you're asking me about my personal beliefs, well let's say I'm open to different ideas. There's no denying that the supernatural exists, but what it's all about, what my place is in it, it seems like a pursuit of luxury. I've got other things that demand my attention and spirituality tends to take a back seat to that. Maybe in time I'll give it more thought. I'm planning on going to that Midnight Mass to check out what the Lancea Sanctum is all about. But long story short, I don't have all the answers, and if I've got any say in the matter I'll be happier not to find out anytime soon."

He breathes out a short laugh. He doesn't believe anyone has the answers for certain. Once your ticket gets punched that's the end of the line. But he doesn't want to discourage Richard from satisfying his curiosity.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya notices the change in tone, cadence and seriousness of exchange between Konrad and Richard from the start of when Richard suggests a feeding location. She isn't quite on the nose with understanding Kondrad's tacit meaning, but when Richard admits a mistake that she realizes that whatever reason Konrad suggests a different location, it'd be best to stick with his advice.

When the conversation shifts to gods and spirituality, Katya patiently listens. despite not having much interest in spirituality, she's surprised he's willing to attend the Sanctified's Midnight Mass. she wonders if his reasoning is fully altruistic or if it is more motivated by more transactional factors. Regardless she says "I'm not too familiar with Midnight Mass, but that's the second time it was mentioned to me. What exactly is the ritual like?"

Richards smile remains in tact, once again Konrad has spared him. Fortunately enough Katya asks about Midnight Mass so that he doesn't have to. "I've never been approached by anyone seeking me for their covenant, though I have come across open invitations in the pass. Can't say that I have heard of Midnight Mass." he takes a turn of silence and lets Konrad continue on with the conversation, right now he felt it best if I did less talking and more listening.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.