Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Animus, Avis, and Cut

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Yeah, I'm curious about the contests, too. I didn't really have a chance to ask Leo about it, we were pretty occupied getting the place ready. The floors needed a lot of work. Especially since we only have one mop now," Avis said, flushing and looking away, obviously embarrassed. She took a drink of water to help fill the gap after her words.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Holy crap! You mopped this whole place? By yourself?"

The obvious surprise eclipsed other questions. The place was huge. One mop? Was that some sort of wax-on, wax-off deal? He'd be a little bent if Principal Ari had anything like that for him. These Arrows were hard, yo.

Suddenly realizing his questions could be construed as criticism if it were an Arrow 'Thing', he gave Animus a leery look. Animus. The Elder. There was a tightness forming in his shoulders from nerves. Like an interview.

"Ummm. Anyway? I guess I'll have to see what's going to go down? I was just checking out who showed up, maybe meet some people. I'm not... what's the word? Martial? Martial-ly? Inclined?"

It was really hard to think of this as something other than the Arrows thugging everyone else. Like the NFL inviting the Boston Pops to the combine.

"We'll, uhh... we'll get Healed if anything happens? Some here can do that, right?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Cayce, Matamune liked this post

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus twitches uncomfortably at Cut's initial outburst. Too much loud, it kept throwing him off.

A silent beat later, he parses the Guardian's questions. A brief nod. "I can, for one. We're not going to make anyone walk home with bruises or a limp; that just wouldn't be hospitable." The words are spoken lightly, as if used to dealing with injury as a matter of course.

"That said, not everything we do is full-contact. If you think there's a type of event especially suited to your talents, you should tell Leo. He might be able to slot it in."

That he was likely the most capable healer in the Consilium is intentionally left unmentioned. It wasn't exactly conducive to dispelling that Someone Important pedestal Cut seemed to have placed him on.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Uh, yeah. Someone had to. And it wasn't just mopping, we also have one of those floor polishers, too." Avis trailed off. No one really wanted to hear about the mystical art of floor cleaning. Cut was just being polite, probably.

"But there's no time like the present to meet people, and mingle and stuff. Is there anyone you think we should meet, Animus? Ya know, as new people in town."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Elder practically flinched. Holy shit. This guy didn't have PTSD, did he? That isn't worrisome. At all. The card on the foot had slipped onto the floor again. Train. Wreck. Not the impression he'd wanted to make, or leave. Because... well, because.

"Oh, ummm, thanks. But, I don't want to bother anyone. I was just kind of curious,"
    he answered Animus. His words were a fraction softer.

"But, uh, thank you, for the suggestion."

Tousled hair bobbed at Avis' words. He'd heard the name Leo twice now, but, as he'd just become painfully aware, his conversation ability with Elder Arrows... sucked. Because if Leo was organizing stuff, that meant he was, too, right?

Falling silent, he looked at Animus, waiting for a suggestion... or dismissal... or, whatever.

Calm. Relaxed. No sudden moves.
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith took a look at each of the group while approaching them. Soooo some dark-and-dangerous handsome man ( Animus ), some girl who seemingly could use some self-confidence ( Avis ) and some disheveled guy who looked younger (sic!) than she was ( Cut ).

But looks can lie, and Faith wanted to approach a group where there was nobody she knew. Meeting and getting to know people was an important job for every Théarch. Damn, even if she wasn't one, understanding a community she was to live with was practically Survival 101.

So, Faith approached the group with a polite smile.

"Excuse me, I hope I'm not interrupting. I'm Faith, of Silver Ladder. Are there possibly Talons among you?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Aquinas
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-09 23:26:36 Animus rolls 6 to Wits + Comp - 2 (10 Again) 7, 3, 10, 10, 3, 4, 3, 8 3 successes

The Thyrsus shrugs. If the other man didn't wish to reach for excellence, there was hardly any point in trying to push him there. Besides, the vibe he was getting ...

He distracts himself by focusing on Avis. "I can't really point to anyone in particular. Take your pick, I guess?"

That's when a greater distraction arrives, promising a possible break for the increasingly awkward dynamic. "Avis and I are both of the Talons. I'm Animus."

A short pause. "Why, was there something you needed?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Avis being me," the Mastigos clarified, raising a hand before quickly returning it's assigned pocket. "Nice ta-meet-cha, Faith."

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith nodded in a greeting with a smile. "I'm glad to meet you, too."

She turned her head to Animus, though she's still glancing at Avis. Definitely could use more love from herself.

"I'm curious what events the Arrows prepared for the gathering. As far as I know, all of our Caucus has arrived."
    Even one of most unexpected people, the though in her head. Quick glance behind her. "Will be there something to learn from the Talons of Sacramento?"

Faith can't help but feel anxious. She caught a glance of someone who looked like the Hierarch in a big group by the table, and with Aquinas already here, she needed a distraction. Physical exercise or something demanding similar focus? The best distraction.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Oh, wow.

They got their own little Tinkerbell. Except with red hair. She was so tiny. He'd like to just bend her over...

...and stuff her in a hidden compartment. Had she ever thought of being a magician's assistant? Girl would probably fit in a piano bench.

Looking for Talons? OK, that wasn't him.

He decided to Keep Quiet and Let The Grownups Talk.
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Cayce, Teeramus, Sirith liked this post
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread