Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The New Guy in town

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    P
    Pippin

The thought of having archives again was a pleasant thought for pip it had been in the vast London archives that he had first found the clue that sent him all the way around the world. “I should have some tidbit or another that you don’t already know I should hope.”
    Pippin tensed almost imperceptibly when she pushed off form the counter, the sudden movement catching him by surprise, he was able to steady himself without much effort “The food was fantastic though most of the Chinese food you get out side of the country is very different from what they have there. Well some Mandarin is better than none there, and modern translator apps for smart phones are an almost magical thing; besides Hong Kong is a port city, I almost heard more Arabic and English then Mandarin most days. A muffin sounds amazing, I’ve had nothing but cheap airport food for the past 20 hours."

Letting out a sigh of relief for having a place to stay, “I’m happy to help out around the house, though I will have money coming in, I was able to get back into a trust form before but I exhausted most of the backlog and have to wait for the next deposit form the feeder account next month. Though I do love a good garden. I know I can’t pledge loyalty to the freehold until then next equinox, if your anything like London, but I am also happy to swear whatever oath to you or our court personally to ease your mind in the short term”
    He was about to start rambling again when he processed the word dragon.
    “Did you say DRAGON? Are we talking large reptile that can fly either of the traditional eastern or western flavors? Can’t say I’ve ever run into one of those before, though I’ve proven to be relatively fireproof in my experience”

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"That's good." she debates tell him about Ava and Rick, before settling on a half truth. "Recently our Archives have met with...well. Fire. Flood." that was true after a fashion, the lore a changeling brings to the archive is tied to them, their wyrd. If disaster befalls them, so to does it befall the archive. "And we've been trying to regain what's been lost. So. Any little bit helps."

"Huh. I hadn't thought of that." it was times like this that Mhairi remembered that she still had twenty years to get caught up on. "Oh. In that case, I think I have something better then a muffin." Mhairi nods to herself, and darts away from the pantry towards the fridge. "French toast?" Mhairi asks the Sunlit Man. "It'll go nice with the coffee." regardless of what his answer will be, Mhairi takes out the things she'll need to make some French toast.

Pan on a burner to heat it, as she fiddles with a bowl and drags the bread out from it's hiding place.

"At Edna's we try to work with what we've got. Try to work out something that works for our Boarders, but if you have money coming in soon...I'm not going to say no. Groceries, odds and ends. Bills." Mhairi gives a gusty sigh. "It's a pain. But it's nice. Worrying about mundane things like this." cracking a few eggs into the bowl she whisks them with some added cinnamon.

Pausing. No one else has done this before. But the wisp's repose is swift, her tone firm. "Swear, Until Winter turns to Spring that you will not harm the Freehold of Sacramento, or it's residents. And that you will not Aid the Freehold's Enemies."

Autumn's Queen blinks. "That was nearly my reaction too." though there had been more squeaking and stuttering on her part. "A fae dragon. One of Them. A greedy beast who wants what we have. Just because he can take it from us. He wants to brake us, and mold us into his-his." The first piece of soggy bread is placed in the hot pan. "But. We're working on it. He wont Take any of us. I wont let him." Mhairi nearly growled, the sound of a crackling flame underlining the words.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

P
    Pippin

Pippin Nods, understanding what it was to just try and recover knowledge you once had readily available. He feels like much of the past few years has been spent just treading water to get to the same place he was before his life was stolen from him.
    “It’s ok, most people don’t realize that what they think of as Chinese food is about as Chinese as Indian food you get in London is the same as what you would get in Mumbai. Though on the note of foods with ethnic names that are wholly on related to what country there form, French toast sounds amazing. Do you need any help with that? With that Pip stands and moves more into the kitchen, close enough to help if its whished but far enough away to not be mistaken for attacking.
    He nod’s knowing full well the pleasant annoyance of having to worry about normal stuff again, it was some of the best and worst memories form the flat he had in London for a little while before he handed it over to another lost and ran away to the Court of Honor.
    “Well you have my aid in whatever causes you may need it, I have no intention of ever being made into anyone else’s perfect image again. I’m more than happy to show the bastard that he isn’t the only one born to the flames.”
    Crossing his arms he weighs the pledge in his head against his pledge lore, tweaking the wording a little to work better for both sides.
    “I do swear, by the falling leaves in which we both hold Court, that until the snow melts and flowers bloom, changing cold heart ache into warm desire, That I shall do no harm to the members of the freehold of Sacramento and that I will not knowingly give aid or succor to those who count themselves enemies of the freehold. In exchange I only ask safe harbor with you and that I be protected as you would one of your own subjects.” He held out his hand to shake, the warm wind of his mantel picking up rust colored leaves blowing around him quickly turning to ash before evaporating into glamour. The scent of wood smoke now with hints of burning flesh and melting plastic, subtle but present. The air hung heavy with magic and possibilities.

P
    Pippin

Crossing his arms he weighs the pledge in his head against his pledge lore, tweaking the wording a little to work better for both sides.
    “I do swear, by the falling leaves in which we both hold Court, that until the snow melts and flowers bloom, changing cold heart ache into warm desire, That I shall do no harm to the members of the freehold of Sacramento and that I will not knowingly give aid or succor to those who count themselves enemies of the freehold. In exchange I only ask safe harbor with you and that I be protected as you would one of your own subjects.” He held out his hand to shake, the warm wind of his mantel picking up rust colored leaves blowing around him quickly turning to ash before evaporating into glamour. The scent of wood smoke now with hints of burning flesh and melting plastic, subtle but present. The air hung heavy with magic and possibilities.
    Balancing it out i cant think of any boons beyond the favor of the queen treating him like a member of the freehold until he can swear formally to the spring queen at the equinox

P
    Pippin

Sorry Saber, talked with cayce about the pledge, i misunderstood house rule stuff here's the pedge
    Type: Vow
    Task: Medial Alliance (-2)
    Boon: Adroitness (minor +1 Wits)
    Sanction: Curse(-1)
    Duration: season (+2)

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi laughs, "It's funny. I do like Indian food too. More then Chinese, in fact. I'm a big fan of curries. Which means I'm a fan of Thai too." she says with a smile, flipping the toast in the pan. A pleasant hum escaping her as the telltale searing follows. "Nope. I'm good. Not like making French toast is that hard." a pleasant, if crooked smile. "Coffee should be done by now, mugs are in the top cupboard, the one with the fox is mine, milk's the fridge, and sugar's by the coffee maker in the teal container."

Mhairi gives the Fireheart a fierce smile, "Good."

Mhairi feel it then, the Elemental beginning to wrap the wyrd and glamour around them into a Pledge. The Wisp was nodding, poised to accept readily. Until..."No." voice firm, and devoid of any of the pleasantness that marked her earlier words.

Mhairi, takes the finished piece of french toast out of the pan and puts it on a plate. Sops up some more of the cinnamon egg mixture with a slice of bread and brings it to the pan.

Leaving it to cook behind her, she turns and looks at the Fireheart square in the face. Her displeasure showing with the sharp plunge from a undertone, to a pungent scent of death and decaying of a full forest's leaves. The pitter patter of her rain, shifts, changing so it's less of a spattering and more of a shower. "'I will not knowingly give aid or succor to those who count themselves enemies of the freehold.'" she holds a moment to see if he'll get it, "What about those who do not count themselves the Freehold's enemies, but the Freehold counts them as theirs?" her arms cross as the toast continues to sizzle and sear behind her.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    P
    Pippin

Pip smiles, already planning out the ingredients he’d need to make one of the curry recipes he got when he was in Hong Kong, Oh good, someone who will appreciate my cooking and taste, though I hope I can find a good Indian Take-away spot in this city, I’ve been craving it since I left London.
    Lost in his mental shopping list he moved slowly toward the cupboards to fix himself coffee, when the tone change of this new dread queen caught him off guard. Slowly he set down the mug, he had gotten, a nice one with hand painted leaves falling on it and turned around raising his hands to show he meant no harm.

“My deepest and most sincere apologies, My Dread Sovereign. I meant know harm, I foolishly did not catch that flaw in my own words.”
    Pippen sweeps into a low and practiced bow, going full down onto one knee, the bow had the appearance of a curtain call bow more than one of a humble subject but it was the best he could manage when he was shaken. He speaks still looking at the tile in the kitchen “Please allow me to amend my words and reoffer the pledge before the weight of the other worldly crushes us where we stand. I do swear, by the falling leaves in which we both hold Court, that until the snow melts and flowers bloom, changing cold heart ache into warm desire, That I shall do no harm to the members of the freehold of Sacramento and that I will not knowingly give aid or succor to those who count themselves enemies of the freehold Nor to those whom the freehold at large consider and count among there enemies, lest I become counted amongst that number myself . In exchange I only ask safe harbor with you and that I be protected as you would one of your own subjects.” He looks up at the Dread Queen a literal twinkle in his eclipse eyes. “Do these terms please you, your Majesty? ”

Boon: Adroitness (minor +1 Wits)

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

(Sealing a Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

After Dinbrane Mhairi realized that she had to take a few things into consideration.

She was Autumn's Queen, which meant there was a line between her and everyone else. That line would be harder and harder to cross the more she let it divide her from her fellows. But, since she was Queen, and if she wanted to be respected that line would still need to be there. She was Queen. And that meant that she wasn't just one of the guys anymore.

So as Pippin bows low, and falls to one knee, Mhairi only blinks, swallows but didn't squeak.

She listens with an ear of someone who wishes dearly to master this delicate art that governs their existence, "Pippin of Autumn, if you do not knowingly aid the enemies of the Freehold of Sacramento, whether they claim themselves as such or not, you will find safe harbor within the Walls of Edna's Boarding House, and within Autumn's Fear Ladden Embrace. Until Winter turns to Spring, I will protect you with the ferocity I would any of Sacrament's Autumns. This I do so swear."

The solemn atmosphere lasts until Mhairi feels the up swell of glamour, and the lifting of the weight of the wyrd as their Pledge is sealed.

She nods, her mantel's pungent scent recedes, leaving on the soft undercurrents, and the rain shower, returns once more to it's pitter patter tempo. Turning back to the burning toast in the pan. It's picked up and put on the plate, and another takes it's place.

"So do you like spicy-hot curries, or spicy-flavorful curries?"

Rhapsody032590 Your boon should be a Skill and not an Attribute.
    Boon: Adroitness (minor +1 Weaponry)

P
    Pippin

Pippin almost let out a heavy sigh of relief when the whisp accepted the pledge.Remained on bended knee until he felt the heavy push of magic receded and the scent of french toast became the dominant scent in the room again. He bounds back up with a practiced grace that seems strange for all his awkwardness with people.

“well now that thats settled, how to you take your coffee?.” He tried with deliberate lightness as he started to pour his own mug and add sugar and a splash of milk.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a]“It really depends on what mood I'm in at the time though i have recipies for both that I picked up in Hong Kong. Once i get the lay of the land here I'll head out and make which ever is your preference.”[/COLOR

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Lots of sugar and milk." replies the Wisp, flipping another fluffy piece of toast onto the towering stack, once done, she turns the stove off, leaving the pan and bowl with the eggy mixture still clinging to the container where they sat, and brings the plate over to the table, along with two smaller plates, utensils and a bottle of syrup.

Snagging a few pieces of french toast for herself, and piles them up on her plate and pours out some syrup, before she happily cuts into the stack and take her first bite.

"It depends on my mood too." she nods, going in for another bite "I'm always up for more flavor. And I love sweet things, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for something spicy. And I just love sugar snap peas." She admits, the natural levels of hesitation and wariness evaporating with the sealing of the Pledge. Until the Spring Equinox, she had nothing to Fear from the elemental across from her, no worries of him being a Loyalist, or a Privateer. Or bringing either to her doorstep.

Once her coffee's in her hand she takes a happy sip, "Thanks. And those recipes, you could write them down and leave them in the kitchen I know Sera's been wanting to try out different recipes."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.