Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

All for One and One for All....

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned wickedly. "I don't think that either of us are in danger of bursting into flames, just right at this moment. But that was pretty exciting." She pulled out a fresh piece of paper and started scribbling again, humming softly under her breath. Finally she stopped and sat back, pushing the scrap across the table to Morgan. "How about this?"

For a year and a day, we shall stand together;
    sisters naught by blood, but by bond.
    As we stand in service to our courts,
    let the needed strength and skills come readily to hand.
    And may it this gift turn against us,
    if we ever turn away from each other.

2. Likes Origins, Forn Clakes liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan matched Lynn's grin, albeit less wicked. Taking a look at the new text, the raccoon hummed positively as she read over it.

Looking up at her friend and soon to be motley mate she grinned widely and gave a thumbs up, "Zzzounds godo-good to meh-me...Sssso we just-ust reads it together and that-tis-that?"

There had best not be any blood letting or weird dancing. She detested pain and the latter plus hangover would result in vomit.

Lynn Mills

Lynn snickered. "Nope. It's like any other vow, we just agree to it and call the Wyrd to witness." She sat up straight and flipped the paper around so that they both could see it.

"For a year and a day, we shall stand together;
    And may this gift turn against us,
    if we ever turn away from each other.
    "

-1 Will to make the Motley Pledge

Forn Clakes Jag Selena - Would one of our kindly ST's ask the Wyrd what the mechanics of our pledge will be?

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Unlike at karaoke, this time Morgan managed to match up her words correctly with Lynn's own.

"For a year and a day, we shall stand together;
    And may this gift turn against us,
    if we ever turn away from each other."

-1 Willpower to join the pledge

With both Lynn and Morgan swearing a vow of allegiance to one another for the next three-hundred and sixty six days, the Wyrd hears and agrees to the terms of their bond, bringing both together in a Motley of friendship and alliance, improving their understandings of the social world a little greater than before.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

It felt...tingly. There was a hint of...something too, between her and Lynn. Like the something, sense of belonging, that came with the Freehold Oath. Morgan wasn't sure what it had done, but she did blush and facepalm, rubbing her face slowly with her hand. A number of things she had done in public she now recognized as being faux passes. And exactly how badly her performance had been last night, "I r-r-royally sucked last n-night didn't I? Heh-heh, buuut at least, I pretty sure, the thingie-pledge worked."

She smiled at Lynn and gave a thumbs up to her motley mate, "Motley mates, yay."

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled warmly and stretched, feeling content in a way that she hadn't in a while. A sense of belonging.... More than almost anything, Lynn craved roots and connections, wanting to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she belonged somewhere. And now she did. Now she had Morgan.

"Under regular circumstances, I'd say this was a cause for celebration. But I think that we did quite enough of that last night." She grinned and sipped at her cooling tea. "How about we try something else, something with less painful long term consequences?"

9. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan slowly nodded in agreement, not wanting to risk the painkillers not kicked in yet. Yes, no drinking whilst hungover, that would be counter productive. Though she was curious was to what the alternative was, "Aaalready slept, exercise und drinks out sso for less loong...wait." Her head was still fuzzy. She narrowed her eyes and looked at Lynn, "Um, guessing twas a ffff-phrasing oops. B-but ye meant something that-t-t ain't painful yes? Brain ssstill fuzzy, heh, so sure you not mean zzzomething wid painful short-term r-results."

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned and leaned back in her chair, finishing off her breakfast with a few quick bites. "Actually, I was thinking something more like . . . shopping."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread