Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Ventrue 1209

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    B
    BloodSorcerer

As the Alder Prince introduced himself and Nikola couldn't help but worry that perhaps his Sire's reputation as a known diablerist would tarnish his own.He also worried if any here were allies of Adrestos and if that was the case then his thus far enjoyable stay would quickly come to an end.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had watched each make their introductions. Each of a Covenant, none unaligned. This spoke to the Ventrue blood in her veins. They had all found place and a goal in their Requiem and wished to be successful. Smiling to each as they announced themselves, after the last had spoke, with a pleasant voice and grin she spoke. “It is wonderful to meet all of you.”

The copper haired Ventrue remained standing so that she could see them all and vice versa while she continued. “As most of you are aware, my assistance to those who are new to the Domain has increased. I believe it is in the best interest to our Family of Lords to have another lead us as Priscus.”

Ariana graciously bowed to Asa as she turned to him. “I thank you Your Majesty, Alder Prince Clarke for allowing myself to represent our Family.”

Resuming her address to the rest of their Clan, the Lordess continued. “Madam Maskelyne has agreed to become your new Priscus. She has been a long upstanding member of our Domain and always has the best interests of our family in mind as well.” Since Ciara’s return, she had regained her place in their Society. After a discussion at a beautiful pool one evening, she knew that her Cousin was up to the task.

Gesturing to Ciara with a wide grin Ariana said. “If you please, Madam Priscus Maskelyne.” She took her seat, her eyes surveying their clan and her beautiful Cousin.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara watches each person as they introduce themselves, noting faces new to her and putting the corresponding names to them. She makes note of whom she needs to speak with, turning to Ariana as she is addressed by name.

Where the Seneschal smiles at Ciara, the tall woman bows respectfully at her kind words; an uncharacteristically serious look on her thin face.* Thank you, Madam Seneschal Donovan...

*She then turns to face the rest of her Cousins, skipping just a beat to study their reactions before resuming her speech.* When the Seneschal asked me to take on the responsibilities of Pricus, I was both honored, and a little surprised. I cannot remember meeting a finer leader of our Family in all my travels; and it was disheartening to know she was relinquishing that position.

However, I understand and appreciate her desire to fully dedicate herself to the role of Seneschal. That dedication can only lead to the continued prosperity of His Majesty's Domain...
    *A soft pause to bow her head to Asa* and our Family's position within it. I can only hope to fulfill the position with some measure of the elegance, eloquence, and patience Madam Seneschal Donovan has brought to Priscus.

There are those of you I have not had the pleasure of meeting; an unfortunate happenstance I look forward to correcting in the coming nights. But, for now, let us all be seated so we may move on to matters of Family business...
    *Now her soft smile once more parts the dark-haired Ventrue's lips. She remains where she is, allowing Ariana to remain at the head of the table for the proceedings.

If anyone had earned the spot at the head of the table, it was her friend. Besides, there was enough Carthinan left in the tall Ventrue that she didn't mind shaking up the proceedings a little...*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

Chase had only met Ciara once, during a fencing course, though her skills were as novice as his own at the time. It seemed a strange thing to suddenly regard her now as a Priscus, the sole representative of their family. The Lord wondered curiously if Ciara had somehow earned the position as a reward in conjunction with the Seneschal's busy schedule. Chase made it a point to take some time to get to know their new clan head.

Chase offered his approval by clapping his hands lightly in applause, hoping the others will follow suit to this. If he had words of congratulations he would offer them after the meeting's end.

T
    Thom

The conch passes, but would Jack accept Ralph's gift? - The conch, of course, is only a word, passing from one set of lips to another. This is only befitting the nature of their blood. "I was and she is." - no more, no less.

Adler looks around the table, his eyebrows raised slightly. This was unexpected. No one seems to object so far. Which begs the question: if it is these words that empower the Priscus, is the one who vocalizes them then not the person who still truly holds the conch in his grip?

There have been many domains over the years and many more Lords. He has met enthusiastic and willing - elected, named, or self-proclaimed, Priscii, then there were those reluctant and far from eager - those who can not be anything but the Clan's embodiment, because it simply is what they are.

Curiosity has his inquisitive eyes come to a full stop when they pass over their host. Stupidity and a train of thoughts has them linger just long enough for the man to notice. There sits the family's de facto head - Alder Prince Asa Clarke, Priscus of Lords of the Sacramento Domain.

To outsource or no to...

Realizing he is staring, Adler quickly diverts his eyes and tries not to look too startled.

He listens to their new Priscus' acceptance speech. When she is finished he, mimicking Chase's clapping, taps the table with the flat of his hand, hitting the wood just hard enough to be audible. - This is the House of Lords, is it not?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa listened, and gave Ariana and then Ciara a nod as each woman finished speaking.

He was half surprised, and half not. He'd carried the title, and knew it could be bothersome. Yet it was being passed to someone capable, and also of the Unconquered -- but what it meant for Ariana, he had to wonder.

As he noticed Thom staring at him, he arched an eyebrow ever so slightly. The predator within surged; for a moment, he wanted to show the man the folley of such direct eye contact. Among Lords, it felt like a challenge: as if he had no fear. A stirring of the Blood, a few words, and the man would think twice. The Man pushed the Beast back down. Perhaps he'd just been watching to see if Asa would approve or object.

Poor manners for the name.

"Congratulations, Priscus Maskelyne."

You might already have your work cut out for you.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley's fingers intertwine as she balances the weight of the change. The political landscape of Sacramento did indeed seem to be as mercurial as some have said. Ariana had left Ashley with the impression that she is more then capable for the role she has as well as the role she is giving away, but whether this is truly a shift in power remains to be seen. The fear that Ciara incites within Ashley speaks volumes, on par with the lack of fear or loathing the Prince gives off, or the urge to cleanse the table of weakness.

Ashley does not care to jump to any assumptions as she knows she has all the time in the world to sift through information and separate reality from perceptions.

Still interesting...

Leaning back in the chair, she wonders what else is in store for the evening, or if that is going to be it, and the rest is just going to be kiss-assery and posturing. I am sure there will be more to tonight then that...

The diminutive lord's hands unclasp as she leans back forward. Her index finger traces softly on her lip, while her other hand comes to rest upon the table.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Mexican Lord did not look surprised in the least at this development. He merely scanned the other Ventrue for reactions. However, his eyes did not linger on any for very long. ""Congratulations Priscus," he says as he inclines his head to his new leader of their family. For now, Ricardo's thoughts are his own.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Moving on...

*Ciara bows her head softly for just a moment at the kind words.* Thank you, everyone... *She seats herself, taking a second to watch the reactions and actions of the others. She wondered if Asa might react to whatever it was that had caught the attention of his eyebrow; but she seems to take no notice of it. She knew all too well that the Prince was capable of handling any indiscretions thrown his way. When she speaks, her tone is polite and inviting, but firm in it's resolution.*

Ms Cohen, Mr Walder, Mr Blackthorne; allow me to welcome you to Sacramento. Before I begin, allow me to address Mr Walder's concern over the number of our family in this city.

As you look around this table, you will find a Deputy...
    *A small hand motions to Ricardo.* a Regent and Seneschal... *Her arm moves ever so slightly to indicate Ariana.* and of course, His Majesty needs no introduction. *She does not motion towards Asa, instead giving her Cousin a soft smile and respectful bow of her head that lingers for a few moments.*

Sacramento has a sizable Kindred population, and we Ventrue are far from the least numerous. But beyond numbers, what cannot be questioned is the impact our blood has had on this city. What positions within Sacramento we do not hold are filled with those loyal to His Majesty.

There is no open opposition. There are no cloaked murders of Sacramento's leaders by envious competitors...
    *Clocked murders of Sacramento's leaders by crazed loners was another matter...* If there is anyone that opposes the stability of Alder Prince Clarke's rule, they do so in hushed voices in back rooms. It is not done for secrecy, it is done out of necessity. Necessity borne out of fear; fear at the knowledge that any Kindred in this city would gladly turn over potential usurpers rather than work with them and face His Majesty's full displeasure.

We are secure here in Sacramento. We are safe, and we are prosperous. We are given a unique opportunity to flourish in this Domain; secure in the knowledge that loyalty and capability are rewarded. And as for those who dissent, or disgrace the nobility of our blood by shirking their duties? Feel free to ask myself or Seneschal Donovan after this meeting. Some of the stories are quite amusing... in the end, at least.

*The thin woman pauses for a moment, letting her words settle into those gathered at the table this evening before continuing.* Before I open the table to new business, I will make one clear: None shall teach the abilities of our Family's Blood to outsiders.

Our gift is a weapon to be used against our enemies; a razor-sharp stiletto that can pass through the hardest of armors and pierce their defenses where it is most damaging. I do not wish to see it sullied by those outside our family, lest it become a blunt hammer; used to beat others into submission. Or worse, turned against us, the rightful wielders of such power.

*Again, another slight pause to allow her words to sink in; Ciara looking over the gathered Ventrue to gauge their reaction.*

Now then, does anyone have any questions or concerns they wish to voice at this time? *A soft but welcoming smile spreads across her lips. Ciara could guess at some of the questions and concerns, eager to see where tonight's games would start...*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

A stiletto? I suppose that works as well as anything, though I prefer rapier wit.

"Priscus Maskelyne," Chase states, testing the title, "You can be assured that none outside our family shall hear of its instruction from my lips. And I too wish to welcome these new Lords that have arrived to His Majesty's Domain." Chase turns to look upon his fellow Dragons. "I hope for your success in your endeavors so that our family's strength is assured." His gaze then slides to Ashley beside him. "So that we might better serve the will of His Majesty." His eyes flicker once more to the imposing figure of Asa Clarke and then away. He was still too timid to speak directly to the Prince lest he was considered presumptuous.

He paused before continuing. "If you are deigned to hear it, I would speak on my own intentions to serve the Domain, though I invite others to ask their questions first if they have them." Apart from the newcomers, Chase was now the only title-less Lord in the room. He did not wish to appear as an underachiever before the Prince. Perhaps his success with Ubiquity and his plan to use it for internet monitoring would allow him to save face. Without prior successes, however, it may only seem a paltry thing.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.