Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1812) Max, Sasha and Doe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Thank you, Your Majesty," the Chatelaine replied calmly, giving her a nod of his head. Adopting a somewhat more formal tone, he added, "Might I swear my Freehold Oath to you, then? I would join your Freehold formally, without reservation, and enjoy the protections and responsibilities the Wyrd offers."

He wouldn't have it be thought that he was some scoundrel or Loyalist.

He wouldn't have it be that he needed to worry that there were scoundrels or Loyalists among them.

It was just the way things ought to be.

S
    Sasha

The man was swift with wanting to get down to business. The Onyx appreciated that, so much that the smile could be seen deep into her eyes. "Of course you may."

"The Freehold of Sacramento only asks that you do not knowingly reveal our secret to anyone. We ask that you cause no problems and harm no other Freehold members."

Once he would pledge, the Dancer would move on to other more interesting questions. If he was all business though, she would let him be. She only had one hopeful request, and even if that wouldn't happen, he seemed like a go-getter.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"You honor me, your Majesty. Is there not a Freehold Pledge to be sworn to a liege lord? For if there is not, then it must be a vow - and those are two-sided and precise... hmm."

He thought a long moment, considering the situation as he put his mind to an appropriate pledge.

"I'll swear not to reveal the existence of the Lost in Sacramento to any who don't know of Changelings, and not to kill or maim any sworn member of the Freehold save for in self-defense or at the order of a Monarch. In exchange, you'll be my ally and help me when I need help as a Monarch ought to help their people. Let us both enjoy wealth to smooth our ways and a silvered tongue to hide our true motives from mortal ken if we be true; if we are false, however, let our tongues bumble and let our cash become ash. For this Winter Season, we shall be bound. Is this agreeable to you, Your Majesty?"

Proposed Pledge:

Words Not to be Spoken, Bindings Not to Be Broken

Cost: 1 Willpower
    Type: Vow
    Maxwell's Task: Forbiddance, Medial (-2, Maxwell swears not to reveal the existence of the Lost in Sacramento to those who are unaware of Changelings. Maxwell also swears not to kill or maim a sworn member of the Freehold save for in self-defense or at the order of a Monarch.)
    Sasha's Task: Alliance, Medial (-2, per pp. 178 CtL)

Boons: Both: Adroitness, Lesser (+1 Subterfuge), Blessing, Lesser (+1 Resources) (+2 total)
    Sanctions: Both: Poisoning of the Boons, Medial (-2)
    Duration: Season (+2)

J
    John Doe

"Maxwell raises a valid point," Doe spoke up. "As far as I can recall there hasn't been mention of the Freehold pledge for at least two Seasons." The fellow Winter's Pledge sounded perfect to him. The Sunbanisher agreed with him, "I support this Pledge. It's definitely what we've been lacking for too long."

S
    Sasha

Sasha shook her head. "It's been far longer since one was required." It seemed as if many were on board with this, so when it came time to let the entire Freehold know, it would not be such a shock.

The man seemed to have a way with words, yet the Dancer did catch how some things were worded. But, there were many parts of that that could be used as the General Freehold pledge with the aid of Rhodes as well in the future.

"I do agree, Maxwell." And so the Pledge was sealed for the duration set forth.

The Fairest relaxed and a warm smile appeared on her lush lips. "So how do you prefer to be addressed?"

"Also, where did you previously reside? Did you have a reason you wanted to move to Sacramento?" She smiled, and whatever uneasiness that Sasha ever had with new people was not present. It definitely had something to do with the vow and oath taken.

She looked around briefly, another Winter was also present and she hadn't met him. Chigeros may have also been lost, but not just figuratively. "John, did you happen to see any more Winters come in today?" The Fairest didn't want to treat John like an errand person, but more so making sure everything was done before fully relaxing and enjoying the evening.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Well, this certainly isn't a Freehold pledge - but it does accomplish the basic goal you stated. I do find myself surprised there is not one, given the importance of bonds between lords and vassals in our society, but it is not for me to say, being so new... at any rate, I do mean to make a bit of a study of pledges. They're very interesting to me."

He smiled politely. His eyes wandered a moment, to mistletoe, to monkies and blue ladies and memories of happy times long gone --

-- snapping back. Now. The tinge of pain in his eyes was fast covered.

"Your Majesty, I am comfortable with Mr. Pierce, or Maxwell, as you prefer, but only since you are my liege lord. I'm a Chatelaine through and through, and so formality is... comfortable to me. I previously resided in Chicago. My reasons for being here..."

He sighed and leaned forward.

"Here, I must Hide My Love and Hate, your Majesty," he referenced the Icelaw in a murmur, speaking low to obfuscate his words from listeners*. "But in private...?"

Yumyumcrow - the pledge proposed above is set for your review.

J
    John Doe

John nodded his head to Maxwell. The man was astonishingly well-spoken. His emphasis on 'being a chatelaine through and through,' drove home the point. For a moment, the Faceless tried to remember if he ever met one prior to Sacramento.

His attention turned back to Sasha with her inquiry. "No," he said. "Maxwell here was the only one." The Darkling's head turned in the direction the Monarch was looking. "But, I think there may be someone who I haven't met yet."

S
    Sasha

Now it all made more sense. The last one she recalled had died a long time ago. "Mr. Pierce, thank you for your clarification. That explains many things. The last Chatelaine I had the privilege to know was Mr. Bates who ran our former Freehold Commons, the Four Seasons. He was always very proper as well."

It occurred to the Fairest that since he was a Chatelaine, if he already had employment lined up. Sasha could really use some help with the books, more than she cared to admit. But that was a conversation for another time.

With his lower tones into her ear, the Onyx nodded. "Of course, I understand. If you are comfortable, perhaps we could have a private conversation later in the week?"

"John, that's strange. But if you see anyone knew of our Court, let me know. I could have sworn there may have been another. Although, there are a few new Lost here tonight."

"Mr. Pierce, do you have any other questions? Did you have employment lined up at all?" He seemed to be one that did things with careful planning. The Wizened probably already had a job even before he moved here.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

A small smile crept over his face as he heard about another Chatelaine. "I have noticed it is a common theme among our kind, courtesy," the gentleman replied with an amused chuckle. "I am sorry to hear he is no longer in service to the Freehold." What had happened to make this Bates a past-tense? The Queen's kind reaction to his adherence to the Icelaw led him to simply nod his agreement.

"Are there locations that are common to the Freehold that I ought to be aware of, ma'am?" Ma'am sounded flat and routine, almost like 'mum', like the British said it. "As for employment, I deal in... rare acquisitions, for clients with discretion. I shan't say I am the busiest just yet... but I certainly do not hurt for financial stability."

Wasn't that just the nicest way to say he was a high-end thief?

J
    John Doe

The Darkling grinned as he picked up on the man's words. "Oh I like you," he nodded. "I'm helping the street folks. Let me know if you need a helping hand. We got a few bigwigs who like to literally kick the downtrodden. Maybe you could, schedule a consultation with them."

He then shook his head,"Nowhere's off-limits from what I've seen and heard. I try to keep an ear out for weird stuff. But I can't catch everything."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.